your go to A/B Plugin ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone, we offer a free A/B plug-in - AB Assist

In addition to AB referencing, AB Assist supports blind testing (XY testing), allowing
you to compare different mixes and processing chains anonymously, with automated
statistical measurement if required.

Here are some download links if you'd like to use it:

Windows: https://nugenaudio.com/files/archive/NU ... 103709.exe

Mac: https://nugenaudio.com/files/archive/NU ... 152232.dmg

MtM Reference is only $65 though, and MetricAB is $200. Is MetricAB really worth that price disparity? I am also in need of a good AB plugin...

You don't spend $200 on MetricAB.

1. Take this survey and get $20 voucher.
2. Wait until MetricAB is on sale for $40
3. combine sale with voucher and get MetricAB for $20.

Edit: Tip - the next mega sale should be up in September (There is one every three month. We had one in June and there will be one in December). If you're lucky, MetricAB will be included. You can use the 30 day demo until then. Also subscribe to their newsletter so you don't miss it if it goes on individual sale.

Edit 2: d'oh, you just missed the MetricAB flash sale by two days. But that means it's very likely going to be discounted during the next Mega Sale. It usually includes all sales from that quarter.

Seriously!?! I'm gonna write them and see if they give me the sale price regardless. Thanks for the tips!

Jkist wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 8:02 am Seriously!?! I'm gonna write them and see if they give me the sale price regardless. Thanks for the tips!
Yeah, ended on 15th. Good luck. If not, the demo has all features for 30 days and should carry you over to the next sale.

gondii wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:58 am You don't spend $200 on MetricAB.

1. Take this survey and get $20 voucher.
2. Wait until MetricAB is on sale for $40
3. combine sale with voucher and get MetricAB for $20.

Edit: Tip - the next mega sale should be up in September (There is one every three month. We had one in June and there will be one in December). If you're lucky, MetricAB will be included. You can use the 30 day demo until then. Also subscribe to their newsletter so you don't miss it if it goes on individual sale.

Edit 2: d'oh, you just missed the MetricAB flash sale by two days. But that means it's very likely going to be discounted during the next Mega Sale. It usually includes all sales from that quarter.
Thanks to your post, I just got metric AB for $15. Got $25 survey voucher, and it is on sale now with coupon for $40. (ANY-3999)

CptanPanic wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:29 am Thanks to your post, I just got metric AB for $15. Got $25 survey voucher, and it is on sale now with coupon for $40. (ANY-3999)
Awesome!! Absolute steal for $15 :D

Same! The day has been saved <3

Metric AB is my favourite plugin from Plugin Alliance, even if you're not doing AB it has some of the best visualisation and analysis tools for mixing/mastering!
And it's super good for doing AB as well.

N/m
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Jkist wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 6:26 am Same! The day has been saved <3
Same! I bought the old Sample Magic version my old Windows machine When it was first released, but had no way to install it when I switched to Mac last year, so this offer just made my day!
Logic Pro | PolyBrute | MatrixBrute | MiniFreak | Prophet 6 | Trigon 6 | OB-6 | Rev2 | Pro 3 | SE-1X | Polar TI2 | Blofeld | RYTMmk2 | Digitone | Syntakt | Digitakt | SX7

Same! I took the survey and used that voucher as well, bringing the price down from $39.99 to $18.74.
(already used the $29.99 voucher on DSM V3)

sl1200mk2 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:54 pm MeterPlugs Perception: https://www.meterplugs.com/perception
Do you, or does anyone, have any experience with how Perception AB compares to the much more affordable Gainmatch by Letitmix or the M4L Device Volume Buddy? Or what the benefits of the higher priced versions are?

gondii wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 11:20 am
sl1200mk2 wrote: Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:54 pm MeterPlugs Perception: https://www.meterplugs.com/perception
Do you, or does anyone, have any experience with how Perception AB compares to the much more affordable Gainmatch by Letitmix or the M4L Device Volume Buddy? Or what the benefits of the higher priced versions are?
I've tried both Gainmatch (trial version) and bought Volume Buddy as well. With Volume Buddy, that's obviously restricted to Ableton. It's great for what it does, but doesn't handle A/B across multiple tracks or buses, so it's limited (at least for my usage).

Gainmatch is very good functionally and a fantastic value. If I hadn't already owned Perception I would more than likely purchase it instead, but it didn't exist a few years ago when I needed a solution. I'm so used to Perception though that I prefer it's workflow out of habit and knowing it inside and out.

What originally pushed me to get Perception is that I use both DSP (UAD) and outboard gear along with native plugins. Out of all of them at the time, only Perception was able to A/B cleanly without latency or clicks/pops when using plugin chains consisting of native, DSP and send/return to outboard. Everything else failed miserably, so it was an easy choice. Is it expensive or "worth it"? You have to judge that for yourself. For me, it paid for itself within a few mastering sessions (2+ years ago) and has become invaluable, so I had no problem paying for the upgrade and continuing to support the development.

sl1200mk2 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 4:06 pm
I've tried both Gainmatch (trial version) and bought Volume Buddy as well. With Volume Buddy, that's obviously restricted to Ableton. It's great for what it does, but doesn't handle A/B across multiple tracks or buses, so it's limited (at least for my usage).

Gainmatch is very good functionally and a fantastic value. If I hadn't already owned Perception I would more than likely purchase it instead, but it didn't exist a few years ago when I needed a solution. I'm so used to Perception though that I prefer it's workflow out of habit and knowing it inside and out.

What originally pushed me to get Perception is that I use both DSP (UAD) and outboard gear along with native plugins. Out of all of them at the time, only Perception was able to A/B cleanly without latency or clicks/pops when using plugin chains consisting of native, DSP and send/return to outboard. Everything else failed miserably, so it was an easy choice. Is it expensive or "worth it"? You have to judge that for yourself. For me, it paid for itself within a few mastering sessions (2+ years ago) and has become invaluable, so I had no problem paying for the upgrade and continuing to support the development.
Thanks a lot, quite useful. I have Gainmatch and picked up Volume Buddy just very recently. There are two things that bother me a bit about Gainmatch. One is that it takes quite some times for the two signals to match (I think it's not LUFS-based?). Maybe I haven't explored all the features properly. The other is that as of the last update I experience frequent crashes, which really sucks. Volume Buddy is nice, because it works so fast and I also appreciate that it has a fast workflow (only one instance e.g.). However it won't work in all situations, for example a/b-ing a specific plugin in a chain. Also it's not ideal to me that it's only pre-fx, since I set up a utility plugin on every track to control the volume and it overrides it.

I do think that a/b-ing volume matched signals is very essential, so a really good working solution would be worth the investment I think. Percetion AB was on sale until yesterday, but seems like I missed it.

Return to “Effects”