Black Rooster Audio offers the #STAYHOME BUNDLE

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Rickskii wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 2:12 pm Complete your bundle price might get it going a bit more and people also get to donate something too.
Just a thought....
Thank you, but this is a 90% DISCOUNT -- can't really get below that.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

BlackRooster wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:15 pm
Burillo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:12 pm actually, what's the BRA license transfer policy? maybe i'll just sell off the individual licenses and get the bundle...
License transfer is done manually - so this would cause a huge load of work.
BlackRooster, please clarify your license transfer policy. It is my understanding that you do not allow license transfers.

Deleted because I was emotional at the time.
Last edited by Vortifex on Wed Mar 25, 2020 9:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Wish Ray does the same for Fuse Audio Labs, bucket delay and passive filters/eq are pure gold

Vortifex wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 3:17 pm
BlackRooster wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 12:56 pmDue to the many issues our community is facing in regards of COVID-19 we would like show some solidarity and provide you with tools, that hopefully will make it easier for you to stay inside.
I respect you as a dev, your products are good. But using the pandemic to flog music production software with the spin that you're "helping us to stay inside" and "show solidarity" by buying your shit is both hilarious and absolutely shameless.

I get it, you're a business and want to make money. But FFS just do a sale and don't put this bullshit altruistic spin on it. I find it completely distasteful and dishonest.
1.) Thank you for your honesty! I take this matter very serious!
2.) We are donating 10% of the revenue directly to the WHO.
3.) We are humans with families, who are also very much affected by Corona - we do have offices to pay, regular costs, etc. So with your purchase you are supporting a small business.
4.) I am actively participating with the #WevsVirus community as a mentor - time that will also be lost from the company
5.) We really want to raise awareness for people to stay at home and support that, with handing out valuable tools for a 90% discounted price, that will barely cover our costs.
6.) I am personally donating extended money to charity

I don't see anything shameless or dishonest in this. So please, before you judge, take a second and think of what lies underneath. If I - personally - make a dime out of this, I would be very much surprised.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

imo the degree of discount rather suggests no profiteering here

Vortifex wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 2:34 pm
Daimonicon wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 12:23 am
V0RT3X wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 11:42 pm Pretty nice gesture.
Never forget it's all about business as usual.
It is funny watching all these companies use an unfolding disaster as a business opportunity. But hey, I'll take a sale where I can get it, I'm not fussy...
What - now you've got scruples?

Been trying to get clarification on license transfers for a year or so now...

BlackRooster wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm 3.) We are humans with families, who are also very much affected by Corona - we do have offices to pay, regular costs, etc. So with your purchase you are supporting a small business.
(the following is not necessarily directed at you, since obvious i have no idea what your situation is - this is just something that crossed my mind when i read your response)

i think one of the consequences of the pandemic will be the sudden realization by a lot of business owners (particularly software development shops) that you don't actually need an office, and working remotely is a viable alternative. it baffles me sometimes in speaking to people, some of them seem to think that "having an office" is a sort of status symbol indicating that you're a "serious" company as opposed to some rag-tag group, and that their employees have to be there at all times. i hope remote work does go waaaay up after this is over.

(i also have a particular angle in that i fscking hate open space offices, and this is exactly where i work - the good thing is, my employer doesn't actually care if i'm in the office, as long as work gets done, so i use that to my advantage... i'm far more productive at home than i am at the office!)
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:57 pm Been trying to get clarification on license transfers for a year or so now...
Hi SIMMO, I can offer you a manual license transfer.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

Edited
Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 16, 2023 11:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Burillo wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:04 pm
BlackRooster wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:29 pm 3.) We are humans with families, who are also very much affected by Corona - we do have offices to pay, regular costs, etc. So with your purchase you are supporting a small business.
(the following is not necessarily directed at you, since obvious i have no idea what your situation is - this is just something that crossed my mind when i read your response)

i think one of the consequences of the pandemic will be the sudden realization by a lot of business owners (particularly software development shops) that you don't actually need an office, and working remotely is a viable alternative. it baffles me sometimes in speaking to people, some of them seem to think that "having an office" is a sort of status symbol indicating that you're a "serious" company as opposed to some rag-tag group, and that their employees have to be there at all times. i hope remote work does go waaaay up after this is over.

(i also have a particular angle in that i fscking hate open space offices, and this is exactly where i work - the good thing is, my employer doesn't actually care if i'm in the office, as long as work gets done, so i use that to my advantage... i'm far more productive at home than i am at the office!)
I totally get your point. The office here is not a symbol of "status", nor prestigious. But there is a whole different work atmosphere, that I prefer over working at home, especially when it comes to the whole audio equipment und test-systems I am running here, that need their proper space. Sure, no software-developer would need an office nowadays, but I have made the decision to have one and now I am paying for it and it is costs, same as with ADs, support, developing new plugins.

I don't want to open a discussion here on what is needed to run a professional business. This is pretty much in the eye of the beholder. I am just saying, there are costs and hidden efforts, that one might not think of, when being rude in the first place.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

I think it's super important to keep reminding people that small businesses are hurting badly too.

If you're a developer with all the expenses everyone else has, rent/mortgage, family to feed, maybe some employees who look to you for paychecks, and your sales have fallen off a cliff because people everywhere are hurting and not buying your plugins, there's absolutely nothing wrong with offering a sale. We're all in this together and it's important we try to support our small businesses if we can.

Funkybot's Evil Twin wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:14 pm
I think it's super important to keep reminding people that small businesses are hurting badly too.

If you're a developer with all the expenses everyone else has, rent/mortgage, family to feed, maybe some employees who look to you for paychecks, and your sales have fallen off a cliff because people everywhere are hurting and not buying your plugins, there's absolutely nothing wrong with offering a sale. We're all in this together and it's important we try to support our small businesses if we can.
Thank you!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

BlackRooster wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 5:06 pm
simmo75 wrote: Wed Mar 25, 2020 4:57 pm Been trying to get clarification on license transfers for a year or so now...
Hi SIMMO, I can offer you a manual license transfer.
BlackRooster, I like your plugins. I have enough of them that this deal does not interest me. It does seem like a good deal and thank you for offering it.

What you wrote above sounds like an exception and not a policy. Three people here have asked you to explain your policy on license transfers. You ignored two of us. Could you please clarify the BRA transfer policy for everyone.

Return to “Effects”