Is FabFilter Pro-R really so "metallic"?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

deleted
Last edited by replicant X on Tue Mar 26, 2024 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Each DAW has a different sound.

Dombaeb wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:27 am
Are those who happy using Pro-R do the same as I am - drastically cut the highs or they're happy living with these toxic resonances in context of the full mix. Or what?) That's the question.
There are many different types of materials and purposes, and a reverb is not a silver bullet.
My opinion is that an appropriate reverb algorithm will sound good on any setting, and the eq is there to fit it into a mix. You're using the eq to remove the character of this reverb, it's a sign of bad choice for this specific case.

roman.i wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 6:10 am
Dombaeb wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 5:27 am
Are those who happy using Pro-R do the same as I am - drastically cut the highs or they're happy living with these toxic resonances in context of the full mix. Or what?) That's the question.
There are many different types of materials and purposes, and a reverb is not a silver bullet.
My opinion is that an appropriate reverb algorithm will sound good on any setting, and the eq is there to fit it into a mix. You're using the eq to remove the character of this reverb, it's a sign of bad choice for this specific case.
Sounds reasonable, I need to look at it from this side and make some more practical investigations.

one thing you should keep in mind is... sample rate. i have found most any reverb sounds drastically different between 44.1 and say 88.2 especially the trailing ends. cheers
"There is no strength in numbers... have no such misconception... but when you need me be assured I won't be far away."

Thank you all for replies, guys. You gave me a lot of food for thoughts.

Return to “Effects”