Kuassa Amplifikation 360 is here

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Had a quick play with this yesterday. Really like it. I like the pedals being split up into individual pedals. Obviously, now it makes me want to complete the collection, so I might end up getting the compressors this week.

My only gripe is the slider on the plugins, I didn't actully see it, I think the colour is not different enough to the background. Slight niggle.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 5:27 am Oh I meant a zoom to make things actually bigger or smaller, like with TH-U. The window is resizable yes by dragging the corner. Is there a zoom that I didn’t notice? Or did you guys mean the window size only?
I meant window size only.
Isn't Th-U quite unize with that ability? But indeed can't hurt for 360.

rsp
sound sculptist

imrae wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:29 am Is there a way to hide the gear and presets you don't own?

Pretty annoying to open a preset and then after a while realise it's making demo noises.

Initial impressions of the interface are really good, and it detected my other Kuassa licenses fine, but... We've been banging on for ages about the way unavailable gear is handled in Amplitube and T-racks. It wouldn't be right to give Kuassa a free pass.
Agreed,
although I must tell you I caved and bought all the stuff I didn't have already :)
rsp
sound sculptist

Kazi7 wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:35 am Does the Amplifikation 360 itself contain any amps, effects etcetera or does it just work if you own Kuassa stuff?
The latter. It is in effect an effect rack/chain/ for your Kuassa stuff.
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:25 am
imrae wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:29 am Is there a way to hide the gear and presets you don't own?

Pretty annoying to open a preset and then after a while realise it's making demo noises.

Initial impressions of the interface are really good, and it detected my other Kuassa licenses fine, but... We've been banging on for ages about the way unavailable gear is handled in Amplitube and T-racks. It wouldn't be right to give Kuassa a free pass.
Agreed,
although I must tell you I caved and bought all the stuff I didn't have already :)
rsp
This might motivate me to add Cerberus, but I've no need for more reverbs and delays.

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the preferences menu? It is mentioned on page 47 of the menu, I just can't find it. I want to see if I can hook up my expression pedal to the wahs?

cprompt wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 9:06 am Plenty of potential here, but the text on the modules at the top is so small I can't read it. Resizable would be great.
You can right click in open space on the...what is it called? Pedal board? Where your selected stuff gets put anway...you can right click there and select from a menu which is far easier to read.

rollasoc wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:55 pm HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Where is the preferences menu? It is mentioned on page 47 of the menu, I just can't find it. I want to see if I can hook up my expression pedal to the wahs?

You dont' do it thru preferences.
You map either Expression 1 or 2 to it.... Do Lock Midi address, and sent your expression pedal to E1 or E2 whichever one you mapped.
The Lock Midi Address is so you can use it for future too.
I think it badly needs a save midi controls map settings and a make default midi controls map.
You have to do it separately for the plug in and the standalone.

That said many of the items are under File Menu.
rsp
sound sculptist

imrae wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 12:30 pm
zvenx wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 11:25 am

Agreed,
rsp
This might motivate me to add Cerberus, but I've no need for more reverbs and delays.
:) I said the same about compressors and reverbs as well.... But just made it easier instead of seeing Demo and hearing the Demo hissing :)
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 3:07 pm
You map either Expression 1 or 2 to it.... Do Lock Midi address, and sent your expression pedal to E1 or E2 whichever one you mapped.
I think it badly needs a save midi controls map settings and a make default midi controls map.

rsp
I tried what you suggested, but nothing happens. I'm assuming, it is because the plugin doesn't know which of my midi devices is talking to it.

How do I select the midi device? It says in the manual to do that in preferences. I can't see a preferences option anywhere. This is in the VST.

I will test the standalone to see if that has the option.

rollasoc wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:57 pm

rsp
I tried what you suggested, but nothing happens in the VST version. I'm assuming, it is because the plugin doesn't know which of my midi devices is talking to it.

How do I select the midi device? It says in the manual to do that in preferences. I can't see a preferences option anywhere. Update: So the manual is for the standalone and doesn't mention how to get the plugin, since I would imagine it is different in each DAW.

Update, the standalone has a preferences option, so I set that up to point at my keyboard and it all works great. Just need to route midi within my DAW. Assuming now, this is a DAW issue????

As far as I see, there is no way to turn on the reverb in the amps, which is available in the plugin version.
Last edited by kranick on Sat May 02, 2020 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rollasoc wrote: Sat May 02, 2020 4:57 pm

rsp
I tried what you suggested, but nothing happens. I'm assuming, it is because the plugin doesn't know which of my midi devices is talking to it.

How do I select the midi device? It says in the manual to do that in preferences. I can't see a preferences option anywhere. This is in the VST.

I will test the standalone to see if that has the option.
You OS (mac or pc) would help
I know for sure the standalone has the option.
You dont need one in the DAW.
Don't forget, at least in Cubendo you need to also assign a midi track to it (as it is usually an audio insert).
rsp
sound sculptist

Ok sussed it.
For the VST. (in Cubase at least).

Add a midi track.
Set the input to my midi controller
Set the output to the VST I want to send midi to.....

Ended up watching an Amplitude video to see how to do it.

Return to “Effects”