Is Komplete 12 likely to go on sale anytime soon?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm about to pull the trigger but do NI have a summer sale at all?
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

Very likely during summer. The previous sale was in June.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm Very likely during summer. The previous sale was in June.
Ah ok, thanks.
But normal uk price from NI is £499 and I've just seen it for £438 from a reseller (physical copy) so I doubt the sale price direct from NI is less than that even during a sale is it?

Its weird how the pricing works, how the physical copy from a reseller is less than the download direct from source, it was the same with Omnisphere: a physical copy was £50 cheaper than a direct download from Spectrasoncs!
If you don't eat yer meat, you can't have any pudding. HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YER MEAT!?

DJ Warmonger wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 pm Very likely during summer. The previous sale was in June.
ya. most probability this ^^
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Last June I got a discounted Kontakt 6 crossgrade for £104 which I then upgraded to Komplete 12 Ultimate for £399. The Komplete crossgrade is currently £849 and the Kontakt crossgrade is £224 so both products were discounted by over 50%.

cleverr1 wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 1:06 pm Last June I got a discounted Kontakt 6 crossgrade for £104 which I then upgraded to Komplete 12 Ultimate for £399. The Komplete crossgrade is currently £849 and the Kontakt crossgrade is £224 so both products were discounted by over 50%.
Wow, might wait it out then, thanks!

Have you installed their free collection and demos? You can tackle the learning curve on several guis ahead of time, if you do. And most non-kontakt demos
run 30 minutes before needing a restart. Lots of time can be saved,
and some productivity activated before the summer sale.

And the sale lasts for a good while, giving the new beta tes_ er, I mean
customers, a chance to find and report any issues. Really little point to
rush in the first day, especially with the free players at hand, and
a gazillion youtube tutorials so marinade in :hyper:
Cheers

Hoping we get this really soon

How old is Komplete 12? Are we expecting v13 anytime soon?

Yeah, the Summer of Sound happens in July usually, 50% off.

I doubt I'll go for v13 anyway, it'd mean a new HDD is necessary. Ugh.

k

kenny saunders wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 12:53 pm Ah ok, thanks.
But normal uk price from NI is £499 and I've just seen it for £438 from a reseller (physical copy) so I doubt the sale price direct from NI is less than that even during a sale is it?
Indeed, I managed to pick up (a few years ago) 10 Ultimate physical edition for less than £250. Which was shockingly cheap. So much so, I spent about a day before checking into the site to make sure it was legit (which it was).

It does pay to shop around and do some research before buying any software.

yeah ifyou can find a cheap licence for absynth/reaktor/kontakt...
they do crossgrades to komplete that save a fortune.even outside of sale time.
i had reaktor, wanted kontakt (i also had absynth but sold that when i got komplete as i didnt use tgat licence for the crossgrade) and i was about to buy kontakt, when i saw that for an extra 50 quid at the time, i could go to komplete 9 and gets syuff like massive and the extra reaktor stuff, plus a load of nice pianos :)

soulata wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 2:18 pm How old is Komplete 12? Are we expecting v13 anytime soon?

Yeah, the Summer of Sound happens in July usually, 50% off.

I doubt I'll go for v13 anyway, it'd mean a new HDD is necessary. Ugh.

k
K12 was released in October 2018 but Massive X, which was included, didn't actually come out until much later. It's rare for them to go much more than 2 years between Komplete versions but because of the Massive X delay, I wouldn't be surprised if this one had a bigger gap.
Here are the release details (and other info on other tabs):
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=4

Noire is the only VI I am interested in that is not included into K12.
How big is the chance that it will be included in regular K13 based on prior history? NI usually includes all pianos into regular Komplete, right?
I am on crossroad: either upgrate to K12 and buy Noire separately during this summer sale, or wait for K13 which might not include Noire (or have it included only in Ultimate).

VladK wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:23 pm Noire is the only VI I am interested in that is not included into K12.
How big is the chance that it will be included in regular K13 based on prior history? NI usually includes all pianos into regular Komplete, right?
I am on crossroad: either upgrate to K12 and buy Noire separately during this summer sale, or wait for K13 which might not include Noire (or have it included only in Ultimate).
wait for K13. i think noire and one of the other new stralight type products will be included.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

vurt wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 5:52 pm yeah ifyou can find a cheap licence for absynth/reaktor/kontakt...
they do crossgrades to komplete that save a fortune...
May I add that this is also true if you are a license holder of Maschine, this is how I got the Komplete crossgrade!
Komplette Standard for 200€ during a sale. I didn’t had much ni stuff at that time (no absynth, Reaktor, kontakt...), so it is basically a no brainer if you already got Maschine. :wink:

Cheers

Return to “Effects”