Auto Level-match plugin with multiple inputs

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Does anyone know a level match plugin where the Receiver can receive multiple inputs from multiple Send plugins? I want to be able to level match my Send FX as I am mixing. Whenever I apply them they boost the signal significantly.
I’ve tried Hornets CLMS plugin. It works perfectly when the Send and Receive are on the same track but when I place the Send on a track and the Receive at the end of my master bus its becomes buggy and produces a pumping sound as if there is a heavy compressor in the chain somewhere.

I also tried TBPro Audio’s ABLM plug-in but the Receiver can’t receive multiple inputs.

Any recommendations would be great :)

JoshA245 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 7:10 am Does anyone know a level match plugin where the Receiver can receive multiple inputs from multiple Send plugins? I want to be able to level match my Send FX as I am mixing. Whenever I apply them they boost the signal significantly.
I’ve tried Hornets CLMS plugin. It works perfectly when the Send and Receive are on the same track but when I place the Send on a track and the Receive at the end of my master bus its becomes buggy and produces a pumping sound as if there is a heavy compressor in the chain somewhere.

I also tried TBPro Audio’s ABLM plug-in but the Receiver can’t receive multiple inputs.

Any recommendations would be great :)
Those plugins are not really designed for that. You're trying to gain match the output of your master bus to one of your sends. It will definitely pump. These plugins are for level matching an fx chain, and that is where they shine. Melda has MAGC which level matches the sidechain but this pumps too because it doesn't have a release parameter.

Ok thanks. Actually when I tested the CLMS and the pumping occurred, I wasn’t monitoring any Sends though. I just had the Sender at the beginning of a mixer channel and the Receiver at the end of the master bus. I would have thought this was similar to having both plugs at either end of a single insert change.

I’m not sure I understand why the pumping is occurring though. Are you able to explain?
Is it technically possible to build the plugin I am describing? I’m almost inclined to find someone to build this for me as it would be so valuable. Not sure why DAW’s don’t have this feature build in yet.

JoshA245 wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 10:27 am Ok thanks. Actually when I tested the CLMS and the pumping occurred, I wasn’t monitoring any Sends though. I just had the Sender at the beginning of a mixer channel and the Receiver at the end of the master bus. I would have thought this was similar to having both plugs at either end of a single insert change.

I’m not sure I understand why the pumping is occurring though. Are you able to explain?
Is it technically possible to build the plugin I am describing? I’m almost inclined to find someone to build this for me as it would be so valuable. Not sure why DAW’s don’t have this feature build in yet.
How many channels going to the master? This is literally what compressors and gain staging are for.

Anywhere between 10 and 60 I suppose. How are compressors and gain staging a solution? This isn’t the same utility as something like the CLMS.

Return to “Effects”