Tools for isolating center (not just MID)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:48 am The Roland screenshot does look impressive, but I'm not sure about the cloud model.
If you send me the file, I can run some R-MIX magic on it.

What about SpectralLayers 5?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=keNjE921954

@ENV1, Yes, it works well with sampled tracks (with no bleed) and hard panning; in my case, the (stereo) instrumental track is skewed about 15 degrees and heavily EQ'ed (with natural phase shifts across the spectrum).
OT: many years ago I tried to get rid of the hat bleeding into the snare track using the method similar to one, you described above, but there were just to many variables: differences in freq/phase response between mic's, different time of arrival direct vs reflected sound - it was a great learning experience non the less.

@laggy, Thank you for your kind offer, but I want to make sure, I exhausted all my toolbox first. Luckily, I'm not looking at an imminent deadline in this case.

Yeah, its a bit like trying to separate the eggs from the flour after the cake has been baked. If you happen to have a perfect image/profile of the stuff that you want removed its not much of an issue because you can simply cancel/zero it away via inversion, but if you dont have that its probably impossible to ever get a perfect result.

Sorry for offtopic. Just wanted to mention that "Scarlet Pumpernickel" is the most epic nickname I ever read here. :lol:

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:48 am The Roland screenshot does look impressive, but I'm not sure about the cloud model.
A program called F-Rex from a Japanese company called Internet Music Software looks to be identical to Roland R-MIX/RMIX.
https://internetmusicsoft.com/frex/index.html
(Discounted from $96 to $57.60 until July 7.)
It's available for Mac (VST, AU) and PC, (VST).
It has a three day demo so you could check it out to see if it suits your purposes.

Internet Music Software Co's website states that, "Collaborating with many domestic and foreign music instrument makers (Roland, YAMAHA, Sonnox, etc), we have developed and supplied our softwares since the earliest days of computer music." I think they might be the original designers of the R-MIX software. Just a guess.

Thank you, laggy!

Return to “Effects”