Acustica Audio releases Erin: luxury mastering suite for the discerning artist.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

dblock wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:08 am Can somebody in layman's terms explain the basic premise behind the AI Preset thing?
Is it suppose to somehow respond to your mix setting or something?
Don't bother, it's just marketing bull$hit!

dblock wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:08 am Can somebody in layman's terms explain the basic premise behind the AI Preset thing?
I haven't played around with the AI feature so I can't comment on it directly. There are many audio tools that do similar auto-adjust things. In the case of AA the AI analyzes against real producers approaches to adjustment vs some other model.
From the AA site:
"Long story short, the engineer we intend to 'sample' is given a prototype version of the plugin, which she/he uses for a certain period of time on various sources, tracks and full mixes, just like any regular plugin. But under the hood, the plugin writes data based on the choices of the engineer and learns to repeat these choices. After this stage, this data is put together so that the plugin remembers what to do and when to do it."
From an Acqua manual:
By clicking the “PRESET” drop down menu on the right hand side you can select a preset from the displayed list. You can choose between several presets.

A normal preset would simply load the same settings each time you use it. Our AI Presets are based on a huge amount of data sampled from real-life mixing sessions by renowned engineers. Any AI Preset will assess the audio being fed into the plug-in and then, based on the data stored in its memory, it will automatically modify the EQ settings, emulating what the referenced engineer would have done in the same situation.

Here’s the procedure to obtain the best results:

- loop a short section of audio that you deem is most significant for the AI evaluation. The analyzed time frame is quite short (only a couple of seconds) so different points in the audio will obviously produce different results;

- click the preset you would like to use;

- sit back and watch as the eq settings change.

This brand new technology works very well on individual tracks and groups, whereas results on the master bus may vary.

plexuss wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:45 pm
I haven't played around with the AI feature so I can't comment on it directly. There are many audio tools that do similar auto-adjust things. In the case of AA the AI analyzes against real producers approaches to adjustment vs some other model.
From the AA site:
"Long story short, the engineer we intend to 'sample' is given a prototype version of the plugin, which she/he uses for a certain period of time on various sources, tracks and full mixes, just like any regular plugin. But under the hood, the plugin writes data based on the choices of the engineer and learns to repeat these choices. After this stage, this data is put together so that the plugin remembers what to do and when to do it."
From an Acqua manual:
By clicking the “PRESET” drop down menu on the right hand side you can select a preset from the displayed list. You can choose between several presets.

A normal preset would simply load the same settings each time you use it. Our AI Presets are based on a huge amount of data sampled from real-life mixing sessions by renowned engineers. Any AI Preset will assess the audio being fed into the plug-in and then, based on the data stored in its memory, it will automatically modify the EQ settings, emulating what the referenced engineer would have done in the same situation.

Here’s the procedure to obtain the best results:

- loop a short section of audio that you deem is most significant for the AI evaluation. The analyzed time frame is quite short (only a couple of seconds) so different points in the audio will obviously produce different results;

- click the preset you would like to use;

- sit back and watch as the eq settings change.

This brand new technology works very well on individual tracks and groups, whereas results on the master bus may vary.
Thanks alot plexuss!! I appreciate you taking the time to do that. That is what I call useful information. It also tells me to RTFM! :) :tu: :tu:

soulone82 wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:34 am
Don't bother, it's just marketing bull$hit!
Why?

The AI actually responds to how a mixer or mastering engineer will respond regarding the material the plug-in is being fed. The different presets from several professional engineers give you a lot of approaches to the settings.
More details here: https://acustica-audio.com/pages/specia ... ing-basics

Dynamic Routing™

Dynamic Routing™ technology makes it possible to treat sections of a channel strip as dynamic elements that are re-arranged as needed, hugely improving on flexibility, responsiveness, and CPU consumption.

In the previous cores, this was only possible using a static approach. This marks a huge step forward in terms of overall usability and opens up new scenarios for more future developments.
What exactly does this mean? Is it just a fancy way of saying "you can use sections of the channel strip as individual modules"?

However, not all machines are built the same and their response may vary. Some have very musical, yet low harmonic content while others have a more pronounced 'mojo', so to speak.

Thanks to our Enhanced Harmonic Response™ technology, it is now possible, using the input trim, to push the harmonics of a machine into much higher values, dramatically increasing it and making it more obvious to the ear.
And what exactly does this mean? I just see a lot of aliasing ;)

Not trying to sound too sceptical - as I said I just bought Pink4, and I own some other Aqua stuff and if one can afford the CPU and price, they're pretty amazing pieces of software.

But must you have trademarked logos and vague marketingspeak for everything? Seems like every few months theres a new "core" with new patent-applied-for "technology" - revolution after revolution. Not saying it's snakeoil, it's just a bit.. I dunno :ud: From an outside perspective it's like Nebula/Aqua stuff is some kind of weird cult that only insiders get :hihi:

We took a 30 minute look at Erin as part of a show we're working on. A fantastic set of plugins. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAQoYvr6F9s

Acustica Community wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 8:53 pm
The AI actually responds to how a mixer or mastering engineer will respond regarding the material the plug-in is being fed. The different presets from several professional engineers give you a lot of approaches to the settings.
More details here: https://acustica-audio.com/pages/specia ... ing-basics
Perfect! Much appreciate it! :)

^ It seems to be quite interesting to play around with. I assume there's no need to look at it any different than an old school algorithm that looks at what the best approach is - with a deeper level of "understanding" an better performance.
Take care :wink:

So nice.

Trialled this last night for fun.

Placed it across a couple of mixes that I felt were lacking some life.

Mid Eq for some definition to leads and to cut some boxiness.

Then 5 band to Cut some mud, lifted some highs, preamp on.

Super simple to use.

The result was stunning.

It’s a classic ‘better maker’ plugin - pretty mich everything I tried it on sounded better with just some minimal tweaks.

This’ll be staying on my mix bus as my character EQ.

Haven’t tried the compressor yet...I’m not likely to be doing much ‘mastering’ compression and Kotelnikov covers that to the point where it’s unlikely to be shifted.

Jet Set wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:23 am So nice.

Trialled this last night for fun.
Me too! :uhuhuh:
Jet Set wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:23 am It’s a classic ‘better maker’ plugin - pretty mich everything I tried it on sounded better with just some minimal tweaks.

This’ll be staying on my mix bus as my character EQ.

Haven’t tried the compressor yet...I’m not likely to be doing much ‘mastering’ compression and Kotelnikov covers that to the point where it’s unlikely to be shifted.
I can just confirm what I have read about the 825 EQ: Very musical. Absolutely clean and really pleasant.

What ever I have tried - Lows, Mids, Highs delivered excellent Results. Lots of Warmth, Depth and Character in the Mids, Silky High End. Clean Presence.

I´m impressed and probably can´t resist.

GRUMP wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:36 pm I´m impressed and probably can´t resist.
I'm impressed and couldn't resist :D

Really sounds very good. Just a touch of the mid eq (both cut and boost) solves harshness in digital synths like no other.
More BPM please

dionenoid wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:46 pm
GRUMP wrote: Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:36 pm I´m impressed and probably can´t resist.
I'm impressed and couldn't resist :D

Really sounds very good. Just a touch of the mid eq (both cut and boost) solves harshness in digital synths like no other.
And a Boost +5k does not mean that you have to take off Headphones. Simply beautiful up to silky Air.
I must admit: I judged it by its Look in the Beginning and thought "one more Black Box" - but this one is really really colourful!

We´re all gonna be victims.jpg
:roll:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hello good people. I just finished mastering this track using Erin compressor. what a musical sparkling tool. hope you enjoy :)
cheers

https://youtu.be/KwJR9TBnhcc
Musician/Composer/Mixer based in Montreal, Canada. Acustica Audio Nebula / Acustica Audio Tulip, Rust, Sienna. Latest mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTQmE7S-ZM

Return to “Effects”