Baffling Problem With Waves Abbey Road Mastering

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I am at my wits end with this.

I bought Waves Abbey Road TG Mastering towards the end of 2018. I have been using it on every single song since with no problems, the latest one on 6/26/2020.

I have made no changes to my PC since going to Windows 10 back in January. The plugin still worked fine until 6/26/2020 with no changes to anything.

On 6/28/2020, I went to load it onto my mix buss as usual and Cubase came up with an error and I had to shut it down.

With the exception of one time that I got it to work, it has been this way ever since. I can't get it to load and not crash Cubase. The entire set of AR TG plugins (meter bridge, etc) do this. None of my other Waves plugins, of which I have many, crash Cubase. As they all load from Waveshell, I don't understand why this is happening.

Like I said, I'm at my wits end. I use this plugin more than any other. I don't even know how I'd replace it if I had to.

Any suggestions on fixing this or finding a replacement?

Thanks.

You're on Windows 7 right? It actually says that you need at least Windows 10 to run it on Waves' website: https://www.waves.com/plugins/abbey-roa ... tech-specs

I don't really know what's going on and why it suddenly stops working, but, if you would contact Waves' support, I'm pretty sure they'd be out of options when you use a OS which they don't test on. And a Cubase version which is pretty outdated as well.

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:06 pm You're on Windows 7 right? It actually says that you need at least Windows 10 to run it on Waves' website: https://www.waves.com/plugins/abbey-roa ... tech-specs

I don't really know what's going on and why it suddenly stops working, but, if you would contact Waves' support, I'm pretty sure they'd be out of options when you use a OS which they don't test on. And a Cubase version which is pretty outdated as well.
I upgraded to Windows 10 in January.

Ah...

Did you do the Windows 10 May upgrade by chance? Or did anything else happen that you might associate with the plugin stopping to work?

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:11 pm Ah...

Did you do the Windows 10 May upgrade by chance? Or did anything else happen that you might associate with the plugin stopping to work?
I don't even know what the May upgrade is. The only thing that happened to my PC, and this was back in April, was I had a hardware glitch with the motherboard and had to bring it in for them to fix, which made me have to re license a lot of my plugins because they saw it as a new machine. I did that and everything worked fine and has been working fine up to 6/26/2020. Suddenly, on 6/28/2020, this program stopped working. There is absolutely no rational explanation for it unless Waves somehow did an update that I didn't know about and now the new "code" isn't compatible with my DAW. And even then, I did get the plugin to load one time. Don't know why.

Did you try to reinstall the plugin(s)?

Go to the search bar and type "Winver". It will tell you what version you have. Maybe your machine got updated to version 2004 (an unfortunate naming system they have as it makes it seem like it's 2004 and not May 2020).

If not then you can at least rule out a Windows update as the cause of your issue. You can check your update history to see if anything was changed around the 26th of June.

I'm still on version 1909 on this system and my studio system as well.

Win 10 070120.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Teksonik on Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:27 pm Go to the search bar and type "Winver". It will tell you what version you have. Maybe your machine got updated to version 2004 (an unfortunate naming system they have as it makes it seem like it's 2004 and not May 2020).

If not then you can at least rule out a Windows update as the cause of your issue.

I'm still on version 1909 on this system and my studio system as well.

Win 10 070120.png
Windows 10

Version 1909
(c) 2019

chk071 wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:18 pm Did you try to reinstall the plugin(s)?
I have no idea how to reinstall a Waves plugin. Isn't it just part of Waveshell once you install it?

Looks like Waves had some updates on June 24th and 29th. Not sure if they're automatically delivered though. If a plugin worked one day then didn't the next something had to change. OS update, Plugin update, DAW update.....something.

https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:38 pm Looks like Waves had some updates on June 24th and 29th. Not sure if they're automatically delivered though. If a plugin worked one day then didn't the next something had to change. OS update, Plugin update, DAW update.....something.

https://www.waves.com/downloads/release-notes
That would fit in with when it stopped working.

Anyway, I reinstalled. I'll see if that fixed it.

** EDIT ** Nope. Still get Cubase 7 has stopped working.

I just checked the date of the Abbey Road Mastering chain even after doing the update. It's from March 7, 2019. So that plugin hasn't changed in over a year.

Now I'm really stumped.

It's really weird that only one plugin is affected. You'd think as you say since it's all under the waveshell they would either all work or all be broken.

So no OS update, no plugin update, no DAW update. What the heck could cause just one plugin to stop working ?

Those were projects where it worked one day then not the next without any change in the project ? Do you have another DAW installed to see if it works there ? That would help narrow down the culprit.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 11:56 pm It's really weird that only one plugin is affected. You'd think as you say since it's all under the waveshell they would either all work or all be broken.

So no OS update, no plugin update, no DAW update. What the heck could cause just one plugin to stop working ?

Those were projects where it worked one day then not the next without any change in the project ? Do you have another DAW installed to see if it works there ? That would help narrow down the culprit.
I tried loading into Reaper (same period as my Cubase) and it crashed Reaper too.

Return to “Effects”