Timeless, irreplaceable plugins and bundles that really worth it.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey. These days, I tend to keep very few non-stock plugins which really add valuable profit in terms of technology or workflow.

I'm not a fetishist who need to buy something, I'm curious about really useful, beautiful, unique and good sounding tools that never leave your plugin folder, even if you'll become homeless. Mixing, processing, synths, separate, or bundle.

P.S. Please, don't list plugins that you're enjoying right now and will possibly forget tomorrow. This topic is not about pretty toys, it's about something timeless, plugins from "never regret" territory.

Thank you!
Last edited by Dombaeb on Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Voxengo Voxformer, WaveArts Trackplug. These are two examples that deliver good results and can save hours of time.

ralfrobert wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 12:51 pm Voxengo Voxformer, WaveArts Trackplug. These are two examples that deliver good results and can save hours of time.
Never faced with WaveArts plugins. Thank you!

The only person that can answer that question is you, because ultimately this is a question of taste, and one persons “favorite plugin ever” is a total no go for others.

Also, the plugins I am enjoying right now can be the timeless go-to plugin of tomorrow, and all time favorites can fall from grace. Life is not static...

If you’re looking only for inspiration what to buy, be prepared for pages over pages of people listing their favorite plugin :)
I’ll just through Soundtoys bundle in the ring. Old, maybe some plugins have been surpassed by others, but still loads of character after all those years.

Also, why does it have to be “expensive”? That’s very un-KVR-ish, usually people want all for next to nothing ;)

fese wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:01 pm The only person that can answer that question is you, because ultimately this is a question of taste, and one persons “favorite plugin ever” is a total no go for others.
+1

I mentioned the two above because they suit my workflow and have been -- from my perspective -- a good choice on the long run.

Speaking of myself, I sometimes enjoy to dive into this kind of threads to get some inspiration on where to spend some money. I have to admit I like testing and demoing very much. And there are always suggestions that are new to me ... from time to time.

ralfrobert wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:06 pm
Speaking of myself, I sometimes enjoy to dive into this kind of threads to get some inspiration on where to spend some money. I have to admit I like testing and demoing very much. And there are always suggestions that are new to me ... from time to time.
Sure, that’s why we are on KVR, aren’t we? Looking for inspiration for our GAS :D

Kazrog
True Iron
The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

fese wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:11 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 1:06 pm
Sure, that’s why we are on KVR, aren’t we? Looking for inspiration for our GAS :D
Very well said :D Actually, I stuck in Thailand because of all of this virus chaos and here is too hot and relaxed for comfortable music-making so I'm only sound-designing periodically. That's the reason why I'm spending time on topics like this. Useful chatting, maybe some insights, typical forum life :)

As a topic starter, I need to share some of my tools :)

For me, timeless plugins that I don't want to sell until the end of the world is:
– Soundtoys (pretty much all plugins, including EQ)
– u-he Presswerk (it's like a reveal that I don't need a hundred compressors for different flavors, only one)
– Surreal Machines Modnetic & Diffuse (Fabulous sounding well-crafted musical delays, really. Someone can call it "secret weapon")
– Fabfilter (except Timeless, Volcano, and their synths)
– UVI Thorus, Falcon
– XLN XO (just wow, that thing give me a lot of inspiration)

These tools never fight me, they are stable, good sounding, beautiful, and unique in some areas. Come on, guys, take my attention on good plugins, please :wink:

Everything by King Oz :hail:
Last edited by enCiphered on Tue Jul 28, 2020 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok after messing with plugins for such a long time, I've found these are my favourites for sound design and general electronic music dutiez

Starting off is Zebra2 which is incredible as most know by now. It's capable of so many sounds and the CPU usage to sound quality ratio is extremely good. The modular nature of it allows the user a lot of flexibility in what kind of setup they want.

It isn't modular in the sense you get as many modules as your cpu can handle, so it forces you to get creative which is also kind of a good thing. All of the included FX are high quality and as a bonus you get an Effect version that lets you run your DAW audio through it.

If you want more get the Dark Zebra add on and you get Divas analog sounding filters and a bunch more effects.

The preset browser, easy going copy protection are just icing on the top.

Reaktor is an endless playground for high quality FX and instruments, it's easily a desert island plugin. The DSP quality is among the best and the User library has so much you could lose your self for years exploring that alone.

Kontakt is kind of the king of HQ sample playback engines available and will give you access to tons of amazing libraries.The CPU usage is fairly low and the crossgrade price to the full version is fairy lenient. Its pricy but what you get access too is incredible.

Hive2 makes my list because when i'm not wanting to do time consuming sound design innZebra or Reaktor, I will reach for this to get quick results. So in my eyes its an essential.

For DAWS I am sticking to Bitwig and Logic and have lots of other sounds which i deem essential as well.

Everything else is kind of just filler at this point but i have a few more..

Breeze2, kaleidoscope, Serum, Cthulu, Triad and Byome.

cheers
Last edited by V0RT3X on Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
:borg:

Cytomic The Glue

Everything by Sonic Charge (and I don't think they're expensive). I would take these to the afterlife if possible.

Zynaptiq Intensity, Adaptiverb, Unfilter and Unveil :tu:

Uhbik: Uhbik-G I use for all sorts of things, from subtle coloring, extreme alteration, drum enhancement. Uhbik-P became my phaser after a lot of searching. Runciter--I probably use Ableton's Autofilter more, but I am finding ever more uses for Runciter (especially distortion). IIRC, Uhbik costs $150.

Some of the more expensive stuff I got I don't use as often as I thought I would: Zynaptiq (Morph 2, Adaptiverb, Wormhole)--got cool stuff using it sometimes; Kaleidoscope, also cool, but used only here and there (used as part of a nice pad yesterday). I'm not sure it was money well spent (like maybe could have Falcon for what I spent on them, excepting that they are integral on some tracks that I really like.

Oh, and I use Zebra 2 extensively.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 3:52 pm Uhbik: Uhbik-G I use for all sorts of things, from subtle coloring, extreme alteration, drum enhancement. Uhbik-P became my phaser after a lot of searching. Runciter--I probably use Ableton's Autofilter more, but I am finding ever more uses for Runciter (especially distortion). IIRC, Uhbik costs $150.

Some of the more expensive stuff I got I don't use as often as I thought I would: Zynaptiq (Morph 2, Adaptiverb, Wormhole)--got cool stuff using it sometimes; Kaleidoscope, also cool, but used only here and there (used as part of a nice pad yesterday). I'm not sure it was money well spent (like maybe could have Falcon for what I spent on them, excepting that they are integral on some tracks that I really like.

Oh, and I use Zebra 2 extensively.
Oh, I like Uhbik-G too. I just didn't spend enough time to fell in love with it. Definitely will use it more. Thanks!

Return to “Effects”