Best Airwindows Plugins by You

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hi folkage,
ive been hearing praise upon praise about airwindows stuff which made me willing to dive into those.

Im writing this post to minimize the need of downloading all of em to a minimum (although im aware this can happen one day anyway - see, im a bit of a free plugin hoarder oops)

What are your favorite ones out of the collection? (any cathegory any%)
find free samples and presets at
:troll: https://fatpassfilter.com

The art of knowing is knowing what to ignore.

OneCornerClip
Baxandall
Toneslant
Capacitor 2
BitShiftGain
Everytrim
Tape
Desk4
Dub it up blacker than dread

Clip Only on the master to protect my ears is the one I use the most, Peaks only and Monitoring are pretty useful tools too, the rest I haven't really touched, no doubt they're all great there's just too much choice, I keep wanting to set aside a day to go through them all but I'm quite lazy when it comes to being organised like that

my list would be very short, but here it is . . .
Say NO to CLAP!

/* whitenoise */
Last edited by noiseresearch on Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
/* whitenoise */ /* abandon */ /* reincarnated */

Dark is the best dither going and Tape is very good as well. Interstage is a great subtle analogizer. You can stack 2 or more if one is too subtle for you.

Urb Sergeant wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:39 pm OneCornerClip
Baxandall
Toneslant
Capacitor 2
BitShiftGain
Everytrim
Tape
Desk4

great selection. got any others your into?

the new capacitator2 is very nice.

Channel4 on busses. Brutal.

BitShiftGain

I use this the most. Very quick and clean for adjusting pre/post other plugins gainstage.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

How can one even choose ? you got, like, 200 plus AW plugs... each has its own strength (and shortcomings...).

I can EASILY reach 20-30 chosen plugs...

^ this
There’s so many, & most do more than what Chris probably intended
I like focus, MV and Distance and all the others ;)
Distance is cool, specially about 90-100 miles on a bass :D

There’s some tips n bits here 👍
http://beatdruid.com/index.php?title=Ai ... in_Catalog
Man is least himself when he talks in the first person. Give him a mask, and he'll show you his true face

NJAD used every day here, but none of the others.

Why do people use dithers in this age of streaming?

I thought dithers were for taking the bit rate down to 16, mainly for CDs.

I use it to dither: A) the DAWs internal floating point signal to 24 bit integer before my transfer DAC/analogue loop, and B) 32 float 96k final master, down to all the other deliverable formats.

It's best practise and it sounds better. Why wouldn't you dither any time you reduce word length? That's what dither is for. :) As a mastering engineer, I am constantly making numerous tiny little adjustments and changes for sound quality, and trying to follow best practise for translation and robustness. Dither is a part of that. I'm not really sure what streaming has to do with it.

I don't use any of Chris's analogue style sat or comp plugs cos I have all that stuff covered in the analogue chain.

Return to “Effects”