GainMatch by LetiMix

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

im really interested in this plugin now. but it seems also recommendable to add it on all seperate channels i guess?
e.g. when you got 15 mixer channels used with drums, synths etc. you normally EVERY time use at least the EQ on every channel, so i would need to set-up 15x2 instances of GainMatch?
and of course on the master bus ;)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Or you can do what I do: I gain match by ear. It's much faster and quite reliable. But you have to do ear training first. I can get within +/- 1dB by ear and usually +/- 0.5dB. I have gainmatch and use it in cases where I don't feel I could match accurately by ear, which happens sometimes depending on the source material.

The linked pre/post gain feature is also useful for experimenting with overdriving nonlinear FX chains (or increasing headroom).

Caine123 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 12:10 pm im really interested in this plugin now. but it seems also recommendable to add it on all seperate channels i guess?
e.g. when you got 15 mixer channels used with drums, synths etc. you normally EVERY time use at least the EQ on every channel, so i would need to set-up 15x2 instances of GainMatch?
and of course on the master bus ;)
I would suggest using it only when it's needed! Though you can indeed have a lot of GainMatches across your project.

I was sorting out my VST3 folder and I noticed the interesting thing: GainMatch VST3.vst3 file is signed by Blue Cat Audio.
GainMatch Signature.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Scarlet Pumpernickel wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:59 am I was sorting out my VST3 folder and I noticed the interesting thing: GainMatch VST3.vst3 file is signed by Blue Cat Audio.
From the manual:

"The DSP part is written in C++. The GUI is written in KUIML. Based on Blue Cat Audio Plug'n Script framework and LM Skin by Letimix."

That explains it.

ilyaorlov wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:50 am
ChamomileShark wrote: Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:51 pm Noticed something odd a couple of times. When I click on "Listen before" it doesn't sound like the pre plugin signal. There's a distinct addition to the higher frequencies and one time that sounded a bit like aliasing.

Not sure what's happening?
Not sure about this one, but if you're still confused, please, make a short video (smartphone will do) and send to support@letimix.com, we'll see what's going on!

Just make sure your "listen mix" is at 100% and "listen gain" is at "0 db" so that you're listening to unchanged "before" signal.
Hi ChamomileShark and Ilya!

Not sure if you sorted this out, but having bought Gainmatch myself a couple of days ago I suspect I may have had a similar thing happen when using the 'Listen To Delta' function, but in my case I've found the cause and how to resolve it.

Quite a few plug-ins change their latency when you alter functions (oversampling options for instance, or other Eco, High Quality modes and the like). So, even if you've correctly clicked on 'Delay Detection' when you load a new plug-in, as soon as this changes the 'Listen to Delta' function will sound 'hollow' and 'comb-filtery', which can sound a little like aliasing.

If you suspect this, just click Gainmatch's Delay Detection button again to recalculate.

Hope this helps someone!

Martin

Is Gainmatch safe? It looks like a really useful plugin, but I've never heard of the developer.

Is it safe? There's a thread here about this...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=552477

[snip] :dog:

Hey, guys!

Just want to inform you that GainMatch was updated to v 1.4. Here's a short video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDxuAPGh7-w

P.S. Regarding Norton Antivirus suspicions - I guess it doesn't like the "lm_update_check.exe" file which is used for update checking on Windows. It's safe and doesn't do anything else. Still you can delete it if you want to, the plugin will work fine (just without update checks).

BTW GainMatch is currently on sale (until October 9, 2022).

All the best!

Hi!

I own the plugin but was thinking if it is possible to do the gain match as ozone does, that's by raising the original signal when comparing instead of lowering the after signal. This way i can compare how it sound in the context of the mix without getting the after signal level modified by the auto function

jaumemussons79 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:50 am Hi!

I own the plugin but was thinking if it is possible to do the gain match as ozone does, that's by raising the original signal when comparing instead of lowering the after signal. This way i can compare how it sound in the context of the mix without getting the after signal level modified by the auto function
Uuuh, thats a great idea! Loving it!

Also, gainmatch is becoming my essential tool lately, really changed a lot of my decisions, so really thankful for it!

kPere wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 8:06 am
jaumemussons79 wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:50 am Hi!

Uuuh, thats a great idea! Loving it!

Also, gainmatch is becoming my essential tool lately, really changed a lot of my decisions, so really thankful for it!
YES!

This feature would be killer for me, cause now you have to be enabling and disabling the plugin all the time and its tedious. Doing it the way I say you could have the plugin always on with autogain applied and just compare the previous audio at the same intended level.

In fact this feature is a must

Return to “Effects”