IKs MixBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

imrae wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 8:18 am Ridiculous that all these non-interoperable systems are popping up to provide a tiling effect rack (McDSP, Slate, FatChannel, Soundtoys, ...) It looks like a failing of DAWs which haven't made much progress in tiling/managing groups of plugins together. The trend towards enormous GUIs must take some responsibility here as well.

Cynicism aside, this looks like a really useful selection of modules! But where's the gate? Not really a channel strip without a gate...
Guitar Rig 6 takes the same way as a multi fx.

But I don't see the possibility to modulate an FX (if this is not possible in the module itself)? That seems a bit inflexible to me ... and at all, without the possibility of a self ducking delay and reverb are not for me.

Another point: is there an internal oversampling?

But I like the quality of ik effects at all ... in a clever workflow.

Nice smooth interface but a real oversight not to offer parallel processing like TR5 Suite. Also agree with the above that modulation and side-chaining are big oversights as well. Might actually be worth the upgrade price with those features.

I like it in concept. Great set of processors, neat and compact. Mix and match between Amplitube & T-RackS. All good. It's certainly an incentive to upgrade to Total Studio 3. I can't see myself purchasing it separately though.

I recognise the benefits of these rack effect suites. Though inevitably end up needing some third party process mid chain. That's why I tend to be cautious reaching for them. Their strength is also their weakness.

$99 just to get all my TRacks plugins with a Vertical orientation and fewer paramters ? :?

But I must admit the interface is appealing.

EDIT: Does the Crossgrade offer show up in your account ? It doesn't here and I own a ton of IK software. :?
Last edited by Teksonik on Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

freshalex wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 1:35 pm But I don't see the possibility to modulate an FX (if this is not possible in the module itself)? That seems a bit inflexible to me ... and at all, without the possibility of a self ducking delay and reverb are not for me.
Host/MIDI modulation of FX is not an IK strongpoint traditionally. It might be different this time but I wouldn't bank on it.

There is a sidechain input into the rack by the looks of it but the routing looks to be pretty basic, so you could build a ducking delay using a compressor I think, but the rack would have to be on a send by the looks of it.

Some of the FX in Sampletank are pretty good and maybe worth getting in standalone form but I'm not sure whether for me they're €99 good.

Yes, its great way to use the FX many of us already have in other products, but way to expensive when you already have the FX.

Its a hard sell at the moment for the asking price against some great stuff like u-he Uhbik (just being updated with a rack), Soundtoys 'Rack' (just 99USD at the moment) and of course Arturias great fx Given they the 'lab' I wonder how long before they put all their Fx in a rack!) Cheery Audio (Modular) Rack is also a great as an 'FX Rack Only' and modules are pretty cheap...

There has never been so much great choice for Fx!
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

Teksonik wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 4:17 pm
EDIT: Does the Crossgrade offer show up in your account ? It doesn't here and I own a ton of IK software. :?
$149 is the crossgrade price. Plus you also get a $50 coupon in your account if you already own at least 5 T-Racks modules, or many of the other FX product bundles. So $99 is the lowest it goes for.
Windows 10 and too many plugins

I was going to start a thread about this yesterday, but held off, because the I.K guy himself normally likes to start one... but he's always late to the party.
Yip, lots of the same thoughts others are having; Overall, it looks cool, at fist I just thought it was some kind of shell to host the plugins you own, but now I understand that isn't the case. Now I just think; Why would anyone buy individual T-Racks plugins anymore when they can get all this for a fraction of the price?
Last edited by an-electric-heart on Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I think you can use your coupon (Jam Points?) for anything- but its still way too much for me at 99USD. I am a MAX user and there not enough 'new' stuff, just a different form factor.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm I think you can use your coupon (Jam Points?) for anything- but its still way too much for me at 99USD.
If you quality for the €/$50 additional discount, you can't use jampoints to get an additional discount.
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Reminds me of Nomad Factory Magma which I still have installed and I'm still hoping for a new stable update soon but nothing has been announced in ages.
Aside from that, as someone who has pretty much all the T-Racks plugins I wouldn't see the point in buying this right now and if Magma is actually updated I wouldn't bother with it at all.

cprompt wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:41 pm
SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:20 pm I think you can use your coupon (Jam Points?) for anything- but its still way too much for me at 99USD.
If you quality for the €/$50 additional discount, you can't use jampoints to get an additional discount.
Ah, OK cheers- I have T-Racks standard and a few singles, Amplitube Max, ST4 Max and Synthtronic etc and din't get e a discount so maybe its just or T-racks MAX owners?

SLiC wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:56 pm
cprompt wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:41 pm
Ah, OK cheers- I have T-Racks standard and a few singles, Amplitube Max, ST4 Max and Synthtronic etc and din't get e a discount so maybe its just or T-racks MAX owners?
I have basic T-Racks and Tapes and I have automatic discount. Did you added it to shopping basket? Discount is showing when you want to buy it.

lotus2035 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:43 pm Reminds me of Nomad Factory Magma which I still have installed and I'm still hoping for a new stable update soon but nothing has been announced in ages.
Aside from that, as someone who has pretty much all the T-Racks plugins I wouldn't see the point in buying this right now and if Magma is actually updated I wouldn't bother with it at all.
i am waiting for magma too, i was in contact with Bernie ( i reported the bug and he wanted me to send the crashlog) then 3 weeks later he went with Cobain and Dimebag....

I like the idea of the rack but i think it would be not so over priced, i remember when McDSP relase their, i purchase every single of them and when they release the last one they say : "no upgrade price" ! since i d never buy a single thing from them and i will never do it again.
i hope the dev who went for rack will not do the same....i will check my ik account, i own 10 or 15 product, no great discount = no buying.
Last edited by hivkorn on Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hivkorn wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 6:13 pm
lotus2035 wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 5:43 pm Reminds me of Nomad Factory Magma which I still have installed and I'm still hoping for a new stable update soon but nothing has been announced in ages.
i am waiting for magma too, i was in contact with Bernie ( i reported the bug and he wanted me to send the crashlog) then 3 weeks later he went with Cobain and Dimebag....
Well yes but that was a good few years ago right?
Since then someone else took over and made this announcement one year ago.
http://go.nomadfactory.com/news/n91-Nom ... ht-Future/

Return to “Effects”