IKs MixBox

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Even on a product that doesn't install things you don't have and has presets that work without any warnings, it's the same thing. So yes, jaded.

Ryan and I are happy to discuss the actual product. Oh, and about not posting our own thread, this one was started before our official announcement this morning, so I'm quite happy to have a user post a thread. Honestly that's much better for us as you don't feel we're advertising/promoting to you. So, thanks, OP. I hope this continues to be a good and long discussion about MixBox.

Demo it if interested. It's a cool tool. I hope some folks here enjoy it.

Hey, IK manager whatever, don't come to KVR with your insults and speak to us in condescending tone. We don't need that shit here. I don't care if you're a "manager", whoopee-f-do, behave or get lost.

Skipping this release. It will definitely be included in T-Racks 6 or Total Studio, anyway, it will be in something "future release" and you will regret.

We know how IK rolls and we've known it for years. No need to repeat our own mistakes over and over. Time to learn. Tame your GAS. Lots of cool releases ahead. You will need the money.

Hey thanks. I've been here for many many years (including before IK). I know my way around but appreciate the advice.

Anybody actually want to discuss MixBox?

I don't care for how many years you've been here. You're just a regular forum user, remember. Don't lose your shit.

By the way, I disclosed I'm in management to highlight that I actually have some clout to bring issues and requests up and be heard. I am on the users' side. Sorry if you feel I'm not on yours. I'd be happy to discuss any problems you have with me or IK directly, drop me a PM if you'd like.

My shit is intact. Always has been. I just don't eat it like some feel I should. Sorry, I champion the user internally but also speak my mind here - always have, always will. Sorry if that doesn't suit you but I will still champion your requests if constructive every day regardless.

I have a question......
In an image I saw, a speaker icon, that I don't' see on mine and curious to know what it did or does?

rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sound sculptist

^^^^
Sidechain monitor? Hold on, that's the standalone edition (with 8 racks of 8 slots).
DarkStar, ... Interesting, if true
Inspired by ...

Yes that is the Sidechain Monitor, covered in section 2.3 of the MixBox User Manual. It is present in the standalone version.

Peter I have a question - Have you guys used the same GUI platform with MixBox as for Modo? Ie is it nice and touch friendly like Modo? And are the parameters exposed for automation automatically when you load devices? This is one issue I have with Amplitube, that you need to enable the parameters for automation. Many products out there that are modular like this automatically show the parameters to the host. Given that the number of parameters in MixBos should be manageable, I'd hope that they wouldn't need to each be enabled.

Since you have influence at IK, I really hope you are suggesting that they let us remove presets that use products we don't own. Talking about Amplitube, sorry if it's Off-topic. But I would be equally worried about that happening to MixBox if new paid effects were introduced later.

Even at the full price, this is a pretty good price-per-plugin ratio...even better at the intro/crossgrade prices. If I didn’t already have what I need from T-racks and amplitube, it would probably a no brainer.
The GUIs of the plugins have some consistency issues, though, judging from the screenshots it seems like they were rendered with different viewpoint and light source positions... don’t like the fake 3D personally anyway.

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 10:40 pm Peter I have a question - Have you guys used the same GUI platform with MixBox as for Modo? Ie is it nice and touch friendly like Modo? And are the parameters exposed for automation automatically when you load devices? This is one issue I have with Amplitube, that you need to enable the parameters for automation. Many products out there that are modular like this automatically show the parameters to the host. Given that the number of parameters in MixBos should be manageable, I'd hope that they wouldn't need to each be enabled.

Since you have influence at IK, I really hope you are suggesting that they let us remove presets that use products we don't own. Talking about Amplitube, sorry if it's Off-topic. But I would be equally worried about that happening to MixBox if new paid effects were introduced later.
We have been unifying our GUIs, changing from the non-resizable methodology that is unfortunately AmpliTube's current structure, yes. I haven't tried MixBox with my touchscreen yet but thank you for reminding me that I should.

As far as automation goes, this is one of those rare times where the manual's brevity on a topic indicates something good. "In the MixBox plugin, all the Rack and Module parameters can be controlled via DAW automations. Please refer to your DAW manual on how to manage automations."

I do absolutely push for hiding presets for gear that isn't owned when we discuss AmpliTube and T-RackS for sure. I actually brought it up again with a few people in a meeting I had between the time I started typing this and when I finally got back to finishing it :) Will continue to do so.

fese wrote: Thu Sep 17, 2020 11:14 pm Even at the full price, this is a pretty good price-per-plugin ratio...even better at the intro/crossgrade prices. If I didn’t already have what I need from T-racks and amplitube, it would probably a no brainer.
The GUIs of the plugins have some consistency issues, though, judging from the screenshots it seems like they were rendered with different viewpoint and light source positions... don’t like the fake 3D personally anyway.
Thank you for the kind words. But augh to the second part, I'll relay that to the team to take a look. I can rib the testing team with something like "this is not what is meant when people tell you to use your ears not your eyes!". Teasing, they did a great job on this overall and even provided a bunch of the presets.

A multi-band splitter (and modulation, as previously mentioned) for the rack would have made this tempting, but as things stand there’s nothing in there I can’t do with my DAW and existing IK plugins.
No tape machines (beyond cassette)?

It does look great and would have bought this if I didn’t have most of the stuff already. Great value for anyone starting out.

I really am loving the modulations on this one.
Still not a big fan of ik's Amps, but Tone Control is getting me where I need to be with a cabinet (still haven't read the manual).
Hopefully this will be developed.

Would be nice to have a previous and next button for the previous and next module which Amplitube does have. And Macros would be nice.....But the basic sound I am quite enjoying.
thanks

rsp
sound sculptist

It's not for me. I already have TR5 Max. I dont use VMR or 6050 very much so it's also not well suited to my work flow. But for those with no TR and/or like the mini rack type work flow, it might be great!

Return to “Effects”