Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
1529 posts since 2 Jul, 2010

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:10 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 3:08 pm
Well, 600+ IR per speaker is likely to sound better, yes. I'd think we've established this by page 71.
You've mentioned it a lot of times, but I don't know how many people actually believe this idea that more = better.

Anyway, I think you've misunderstood the question. "Better" is not always better in a mix. A bad out-of-phase mixture may have nicely created a frequency-range gap for another instrument. Is it possible that somebody's mix will change when upgrading from CS to SE or SE to full? Surely you understand why people would be concerned about this.

KVRian
618 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:09 am
The 16 IRs are from AT4, straight from the lead developer's mouth.
They're from AT4, NOT AT5? :?
Was that a typo?

Or are you saying if you buy AmpliTube 5, your software is being bogged down with a few hundred megabytes of impulses that aren't used by the software? That every instance loaded wastes a large chunk of RAM that serves no purpose other than trying to cajole CS users into upgrading? :dog:

Or is there some way for paid users to continue using the AT4 impulses for continuity of their presets after upgrading?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

KVRAF

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:41 am

jamcat wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:12 am
Or are you saying if you buy AmpliTube 5, your software is being bogged down with a few hundred megabytes of impulses that aren't used by the software? That every instance loaded wastes a large chunk of RAM that serves no purpose other than trying to cajole CS users into upgrading? :dog:
There wouldn't be any need to load then into RAM, they could sit on the disk until use.

KVRist
133 posts since 16 Nov, 2020

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:59 am

I wonder if IKM could lure Gilmour into signature collection through his buddy Brian May, with whom Dave recorded in the past and must be still on speaking terms, at least. Brian's not Roger situation, definitely.

May must be satisfied and even delighted with the result. Brian May Collection worked out beautifully and David deserves the same quality standard.

KVRist
211 posts since 27 Apr, 2012

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:32 am

I tried to lure IKM with this poll: Next Amplitube Collection, which one would you pick? Gilmour is well in the lead

KVRist
133 posts since 16 Nov, 2020

Post Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:24 am

oh, it's not IKM that needs luring. if only they could, they'd do every artist collection worth a damn. it's the artists.

Dave just did Martin deal on signature acoustic guitars. Proceeds go to his charitable fund.

since he's not looking for personal wealth at this point, perhaps, IKM could offer him a deal where a certain amount from each sold license goes to his fund. it surely won't be 22 million he's got off his guitars auction in 2019, still, if the deal signed indefinitely, he'd enjoy a nice, permanent income source for his charitable activities.

KVRAF
7216 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:35 am

AmpliTube 5 5.0.2 has been released in your IK Product Manager

Changes from version 5.0.1:
Models
  • Fixed an issue that could corrupt audio processing when loading Rack effects before an amp
  • Fixed an issue that could corrupt White 2A behaviour when inserted as a stomp effect
  • Fixed an incorrect sound response when loading a Leslie model on Cab 2 and Cab 3
  • Fixed a potential crash when setting Model delays to minimum value
  • Improved sound behaviour on the Chorus-1 when inserted as stereo processor
Standalone
  • Improved iRig Stomp I/O Compatibility
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the application to crash when loading Projects with 96K Sample Rate
  • DAW: fixed zippering artefacts on tracks Tone Eq
  • Fixed an issue that corrupted external MIDI Control communications
  • Fixed a potential crash which may happen when closing the Audio MIDI project settings window
  • DAW Section: fixed an issue that could limit the project length
  • DAW Section: added tooltips on parameters
General
  • Fixed a potential crash saving a new 'Default' Preset
  • Fixed a potential crash when assigning a parameter via MIDI learn
  • Fixed an issue that would potentially crash the app when loading the Rack Parametric EQ as a stomp effect
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting the Custom IR Cab settings
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting the Audio MIDI project settings retention
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting the Presets MIDI assignments retention
  • Fixed potential unexpected behavior when right-clicking on some model parameters
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting the automation for Mic angles
  • Fixed an issue that was corrupting communication when a MIDI Controller was connected after AmpliTube launch
  • Fixed some inconsistencies when loading certain old presets that contained Leslie cabinets
  • Reduced plug-in scan time
Improvements
  • Preset Browser: added multi selection on folders
  • Preset Browser: added a refresh option
  • Added an ICON for incoming MIDI messages
  • Added MIDI Control for Tap Tempo
  • Added Scrollbar on the Chain Section
  • Improved parameter control via Track Pad
  • Tooltips: values can now be copy/cut/pasted
  • Improved GUI navigation feedback
  • General Reliability Improvements

KVRian

Topic Starter

520 posts since 31 May, 2008 from Australia

Post Thu Feb 18, 2021 2:23 pm

Thanks for the info. :tu: :tu: :tu:

KVRist
44 posts since 22 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:58 am

Unfortunately the bug with the Fender Fuzz Wah having its range reversed when using a MIDI Expression Pedal still exists in v5.0.2, maybe v5.0.3 will fix this?

KVRAF
7216 posts since 20 Oct, 2009

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:02 am

mmann wrote:
Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:58 am
Unfortunately the bug with the Fender Fuzz Wah having its range reversed when using a MIDI Expression Pedal still exists in v5.0.2, maybe v5.0.3 will fix this?
I'll let our Testing Manager know you are experiencing this but do you have a ticket number so I can provide a direct reference to the reported issue? Thanks.

KVRian
618 posts since 2 Sep, 2019

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:56 pm

The Brit Silver amp Channel and Rhythm Clip knobs' pull action are also still reversed in 5.0.2. I have verified the behaviour of the pull knobs in AT5 is the opposite of AT4.

Also, the gain issue with JCM Slash since v3.15 is still present. The Lead Channel is particularly weak. Compare JCM Slash with all knobs at 6 to Brit Silver with all knobs at 6 using the same cab.

The JCM Slash's output is about 30db less than Brit Silver at identical moderate settings. In the real world, these amps are the same with identical topology. So one of these models isn't giving us the "pure authentic amp tone as you'd expect it in the physical world" that IK advertises.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

KVRist
44 posts since 22 Nov, 2015

Post Fri Feb 19, 2021 2:54 pm

The Orange Thunderverb 200 (and to a lesser extent the Orange AD-200 and the Orange OR50) have also had their gain output issues since v3.15; so I have taken a wait and see approach with any AmpliTube annoyances.

KVRAF
2618 posts since 6 Dec, 2002 from Ljubljana/ Slovenia

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:49 am

I'd pay for The Beatles' guitar sounds expansion.

KVRAF

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:34 am

soulata wrote:
Mon Feb 22, 2021 2:49 am
I'd pay for The Beatles' guitar sounds expansion.
More Vox amps? That could be nice actually.

KVRAF
2618 posts since 6 Dec, 2002 from Ljubljana/ Slovenia

Post Mon Feb 22, 2021 3:47 am

Not only Vox amps.

Like Brian May sig collection it shoul include something to turn whatever you have in Rickenbacker + whatever else they had approximation.

Return to “Effects”