Amplitube5 - Release Date 15-16/12/2020

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AmpliTube 5 Guitar Rig Pro

jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am The latest update breaks the EQ-81. The MIC/LINE switch no longer works, neither does the gain knob or the Shelf button for the low band.
Works here. Sorry you are having trouble, I assume you have reported it since this is not the normal behavior (and confirmed working for others)?

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:51 pm
jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:41 am The latest update breaks the EQ-81. The MIC/LINE switch no longer works, neither does the gain knob or the Shelf button for the low band.
Works here. Sorry you are having trouble, I assume you have reported it since this is not the normal behavior (and confirmed working for others)?
Then you don't have the latest version installed, or you didn't really investigate the issue. This is not a tech support issue. It is a broken software issue. I've reported it to you, so it's your job from here.

I get the same broken behaviour on multiple computers, both Mac OS 11.2.2 and Windows 10, from both the standalone and VST3. AmpliTube is v5.0.2 (21B17).

The EQ-81 MIC/LINE buttons do nothing, and neither does the shelf button or gain knob on the top band.

Anyone else want to confirm this bug?
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Stop with the entitled attitude. Peter isn't tech support and he isn't coding these plug-ins. If you want the big fixed, you report it to support. Peter can't go around bugging developers with posts from random people on forums, that's a huge waste of everyone's time.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

The problem is Peter's reply was dismissive and flat out untrue.

Works fine here, Win 10, AT v5.0.2
Say NO to CLAP!

I did some further investigation, and it seems the issue is due to the GUI mapping being off for the LINE and shelf buttons, and the gain knob. The active control area for the LINE button is above it. So far I can't find where the active area for gain or shelf is mapped to.

But after resizing the window, the controls get remapped correctly and work as expected for that instance of the EQ-81. New instances of the EQ-81 will have the incorrect mapping until AT5 is resized again.

Once again, I've reproduced this behaviour on both Windows 10 and Mac OS Big Sur.

If you test for this bug, do not resize the GUI until after testing the low shelf gain knob and buttons.
This is for the gain knob of the 30Hz to 330 Hz band. You have to be using the mouse or trackpad.

Resizing the GUI is an adequate workaround for now.

Correct, Confirmed here.
Say NO to CLAP!

Thanks, jinotsuh.

jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:01 pm The problem is Peter's reply was dismissive and flat out untrue.
quoting Peter's reply:
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 4:51 pm Works here. Sorry you are having trouble, I assume you have reported it since this is not the normal behavior (and confirmed working for others)?
can you tell me what is "dismissive" or "flat out untrue" about it? he says that things work on his end. he then asked you if you have contacted support because what you're seeing isn't supposed to happen. none of these are "dismissive" or "untrue", unless you mean to imply that he's lying about things working on his end, or lying about him not receiving any other reports about it (and thus "confirmed working for others")? how is "you see what looks like a bug, you contact support" in any way dismissive? and how does any of that prevent you from contacting support?
jamcat wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:55 pm Once again, I've reproduced this behaviour on both Windows 10 and Mac OS Big Sur.
good, now report all of that to support.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:
So were you able to confirm this bug as well?

jamcat wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:03 pm
Burillo wrote:
So were you able to confirm this bug as well?
why are you making it about me? i don't have Amplitube 5 so i can't check. so, did you report the bug to support?

I'm sorry you felt that way about my reply. It was not meant that way at all. I tried to recreate what you described on my system and was not able to. So I reported back my results to you. I am not in tech support or testing so admittedly it was not an exhaustive test on multiple systems with any back and forth to gather more information about your system that might be different than mine. For the reason I state at the beginning of the previous sentence. The team that would be able to go more in depth with you since I could not recreate can do so and will happily assist you. I nor IK in general could possibly perform tech support directly via third-party forum threads. It's not going to do anybody any favors as it is not efficient nor effective (as we can see here).

I did mention this to our Testing Manager directly but they were not able to recreate, though they will do further testing of this GUI for the next round of updates as there may be room for improvement in usability on some of the elements and whatnot. But I'd still recommend getting IK Support to take a look if you have not done so already as they could see if there's an issue with certain settings/resolutions/sizing/etc that might not have affected me or the others who did not experience the same issue in this thread.

The MESA Boogie Collection doesn't show up in AT5. It does show in AT4 on the same Windows 10. Is that normal?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Also, no need to accuse me of not running the same version etc. I get that you are frustrated with the issue you are experiencing but in general people who are legitimately trying to help someone don't enjoy being mocked or kicked in the teeth for trying.

I'm sure IK Support can assist you, especially if you provide additional details like you have above about how to recreate the issue you're having. They may even be able to tell you if there are any other reports of it, whether there are any bugs opened with regard to the issue, and much more.

Aloysius wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:54 pm The MESA Boogie Collection doesn't show up in AT5. It does show in AT4 on the same Windows 10. Is that normal?
The only thing I've seen when missing gear is reported is that sometimes de-authorizing and then re-authorizing in IK Product Manager resolves this. Of course, running the latest version of AmpliTube 5 and IK Product Manager (the latter will let you know when you open it, then you can see if AT5 needs and update within IK PM) seem to help too. It shouldn't be required - and honestly Custom Shop at this point should only be necessary to try/buy gear and if claiming free gear like the Soldano SLO-100 these days - but you might also want to do a Restore My Purchases in Custom Shop v2.

I know you've probably tried these things, so please don't take the suggestions as "dismissive" as those are really the things I've seen fix similar issues. Beyond that it would require working with IK Support who I'm sure have other tricks up their sleeve to diagnose more pesky problems. Thank you.

Return to “Effects”