Best overall software reverb under $250?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
AtomicReverb Redline Reverb Schroeder Reverb

vurt wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:56 pmbetween raum and the blackholeesque reaktor ensemble whos name escapes me right now (dark star maybe?) my soft reverbs are covered.
Space Master?
A well-behaved signature.

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:45 pm
vurt wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 6:56 pmbetween raum and the blackholeesque reaktor ensemble whos name escapes me right now (dark star maybe?) my soft reverbs are covered.
Space Master?
no, its a user library.
pretty sure it's dark star...

Sweet! I was not aware of this one, downloading... now :borg:

JerGoertz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:45 pm Space Master?

foosnark wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 8:09 pm
JerGoertz wrote: Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:45 pm Space Master?
Dark Star Lord, apparently! :lol:

yellowmix wrote: Fri Oct 23, 2020 10:58 pm No such thing. You could get a bunch of excellent free ones like Supermassive and all-rounders to cover many bases. For $145 you get Valhalla Room, Vintage Verb, and Xenoverb which covers a huge range of use cases. Wait for iZotope's fire sales of Exponential Audio and you're still well under $250. Then go bonkers with a creative verb like when Blackhole goes on sale for $29. You'll still have money left over for a $15 one month pass to Groove 3 on how to use reverb (and more).

Don't forget the convolution reverb that comes with your DAW and the many free IRs out there.

Plan and prioritize your purchases, wait for sales, ignore impulse, buy smart. Honestly, start with one and learn how to use a reverb in different situations so you can figure out what's missing from your toolbox. No need to rush into purchases. Welcome to KVR.
All great responses and thank you! I really like this and one or two others that emphasize how there is no one-size-fits all reverb. Def gonna try out most of these hopefully as trials, but really like the advice on buying strategically....

It's a good advice to get several reverbs. IMO, you can't have enough really. Like with synths, it's all different flavours.

Solis1111 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:39 pm All great responses and thank you! I really like this and one or two others that emphasize how there is no one-size-fits all reverb. Def gonna try out most of these hopefully as trials, but really like the advice on buying strategically....
Thanks for coming back to the thread! (As someone said, it's not so common for new users to return to these sorts of threads.) Anyway: if you're new to this arena - and I assume you are as you're asking about reverbs: start out with your DAW's built-in reverb. It's probably good enough for everyday purposes. Also download Supermassive. It's the only free reverb for really creative and long reverbs.

So: DAW plus Supermassive!

...and as someone said: for the time being, spend your cash on other instruments and effects.

But if you really want to spend cash on bread'n'butter reverb types, buy Breeze, preferably on a sale, like now. (Or just re-read the thread for some excellent equivalents.)
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

to me the Fab Filter Reverb is the best.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

^^ +1
Last edited by dark water on Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ATS wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 pm to me the Fab Filter Reverb is the best.
Yeah, it's a gem!

The intro video is quite fascinating. It's hard to believe this reverb is three years old. https://www.fabfilter.com/products/pro-r-reverb-plug-in
Thu Oct 01, 2020 1:15 pm Passing Bye wrote:
"look at SparkySpark's post 4 posts up, let that sink in for a moment"
Go MuLab!

You can't go wrong with Fabfilter Reverb to be honest.

UVI SparkVerb
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

under 250 :o

the stuff in my host is perfect.

Return to “Effects”