Bricasti m7 - still apex of reverbs? Any plugins that do similar things?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I never heard it in person, but supposedly it's the vocal reverb.
It still costs couple of grand.
There's seventh heaven IR based plugin (but IR is no algorithm).

Anyone here has it and found any plugin alternatives that are close?

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/seventh-heaven/

Try this. You don’t need the pro version. It will get you there unless you are more concerned with the how it works as opposed to the fact it works.

Read the reviews ... you won’t find a bad one.

There are also free M7 IRs to use in other convolution reverbs (like Waves IR). You could try these against 7H and decide for yourself.

Ploki wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:25 am It still costs couple of grand.
Doesn't make it the apex.

Eventide SP2016 shares a similar legend as a superb vocals reverb.

[Delete]
Last edited by ijiwaru on Fri Jan 22, 2021 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ijiwaru wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:04 pm Unfortunately nothing comes close. If you want to make good music then I'm afraid you're going to need to shell out a couple of grand. After all, no good music has ever been made without a Bricasti M7.
I will have to agree.

The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Kazi7 wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:07 pm
ijiwaru wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 1:04 pm Unfortunately nothing comes close. If you want to make good music then I'm afraid you're going to need to shell out a couple of grand. After all, no good music has ever been made without a Bricasti M7.
I will have to agree.

Me wise magic: You can get the job done with freeware reverb plugins if you're just talented enough?

Sarcasm doesn't translate well to writing...

FWIW, I like the Bricasti IRs in Verbsuite.

Bricasri didn't make it into the top 3 :hihi:
Amazon: why not use an alternative

roman.i wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:00 pm
Ploki wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 10:25 am It still costs couple of grand.
Doesn't make it the apex.
No, but its sound does.

Scotty wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 11:24 am It will get you there unless you are more concerned with the how it works as opposed to the fact it works.
unfortunately, with the former :)
whenever i IR'd my algorithmics the sound was close but not quite there.
I don't know how alive the bricasti is and how well IR's capture what it does, because i never used one.
:clown:
i'm fairly certain that if i go stalk your profile you picked a favourite of yours, and i could make the same asinine comment about a random product you said is good.
roman.i wrote: Sat Nov 07, 2020 12:00 pm Doesn't make it the apex.
well no, just stating a few facts to present the thing in my opening post to bystanders that might not know it
well what do you know, people preferred 7th heaven to bricasti. :ud:

reverbs are so hard to shootout tho.

reverbs are so hard to shootout tho.
indeed, but it still shows is that you nowadays actually don't need that many different reverbs / tools, unless you are looking for more specific “special effects“ as even inexpensive, or free stuff, can produce comparable results to even ultra expensive equipment.

Of course the Bricasti is surely great and might in fact be “the best thing ever“ on some sources / in some instances, but the same can be said about some free stuff, where maybe let's say Orilriver might actually fit the best.
In the end it is the user who knows how to use his set of tools on different sources, and not “the magic, very expensive plugin / tool“ that is above everything else by simply putting it on a bus.
The GAS is always greener on the other side!

Verberate 2 is one of the best kept secrets IMO, you should definately check it out if you havent already.
They often do sales, maybe youll get lucky for Black Friday
Amazon: why not use an alternative

Return to “Effects”