/* whitenoise */

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Anthology XI Endless Series H9 Series: Blackhole Kaleidoscope Kaleidoscopes

fairlyclose wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:15 am
hibrasil wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:11 am My Endless Series v3 multi-fx plugin is 60% off

http://www.olilarkin.co.uk/index.php?p=eseries

https://sites.fastspring.com/olilarkin/ ... oupon=ALIW
Gosh must have been very expensive before - still $50
The OP could have a done better job explaining this. If you click on the second link (fastspring) it will be priced at $20.

Oh, that Endless Series--I saw quite a while ago and really liked it. I'm getting it. Sounds more versatile than Corkscrew (another Shepherd Tone plugin).
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:59 am Oh, that Endless Series--I saw quite a while ago and really liked it. I'm getting it. Sounds more versatile than Corkscrew (another Shepherd Tone plugin).
plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:35 am
hibrasil wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:11 am My Endless Series v3 multi-fx plugin is 60% off

The OP could have a done better job explaining this. If you click on the second link (fastspring) it will be priced at $20.
This is a very interesting approach too https://www.inouisamples.com/sheparddesigner

telecharge wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 8:00 pm
Kameo wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:11 pm Is anything from waves really worth it? I have no waves plug-ins and I'm not sure what's too dated and what isn't. Had my eyes on the SSL Bus, Abbey Road Mastering, CLA vocals, Schep 73, and API2500.
Well, there hasn't been much enthusiasm around here for their recent sales -- which has seemed like a perpetual sale with slight variations. :lol: I think your choices are good ones, but unfortunately, none are available for free with purchase. :( Most, if not all of them, have been cheaper, too.

I think there will be a better sale in the next month, if you don't mind waiting. It's possible there will be a better sale tomorrow with it officially being Black Friday and them giving away the free CLA plugin.
CLA vocals and CLA bass are my two most-used plugins. CLA guitars produces surprisingly good lead tones, even without an amp sim in front of it. The other one I use a lot is VocalRider. And I'm demoing Submarine right now.

Waves plugins have been a good investment for me. I never buy them at more than $29. They have very good unrestricted demo periods so it's easy to separate the wheat from the chaff. I have also never purchased a WUP, and don't expect ever to do it. That's serious dough for little value as far as I can see. I figure if I get 5-10 years of use before some OS upgrade comes around that my versions no longer support, that's still $29 well spent.

I'm also pining for Ovox -- I have faith that that will be $29 as well in the near future.

plexuss wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:35 am

you can use the coupon ALIW at the checkout if you click the fastspring link on the website

Sonimus is doing a 40% discount today. I have bought Burnley.

picked up trackspacer last night for £26 on pluginboutiqe. not sure if that is the lowest price it's ever gone for? but I haven't seen it advertised as very low in price very often.

a_frikn_squirrel wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:09 pm

Soooo... what clipper did you land on? Inquiring minds want to know :D
Still looking!! They're all hovering around $20-30. Why no top shelf $150 clippers for $7? !! :hyper: I like Boz stuff, and Big clipper ($29) has has good visuals but not of the waveform itself and how much it's being shaved. Clipping is the one thing that I just can't trust my ears on completely if I want it transparent, just to shave off the tips on the way into the compressor, and level meters aren't enough (for me). But I think SIR's StandardClip may be the one if nothing else pops up. It's so ugly I've never looked twice at it in my search (sort of Windows95-ish, very Reaper-y, but it gets a lot of love and it's currently at $25. :)

edit: V-clip is down to $15 and has good waveform visuals and a few other interesting features. And StandardClip comes down to $19 after signing up for the newsletter, so either are good enough to jump on. Gonna get the demos and see how their windows behave in Reaper and will call it a season!!!! :tu:

spigmu wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:38 pm
a_frikn_squirrel wrote: Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:09 pm

Soooo... what clipper did you land on? Inquiring minds want to know :D
Still looking!! They're all hovering around $20-30. Why no top shelf $150 clippers for $7? !! :hyper: I like Boz stuff, and Big clipper ($29) has has good visuals but not of the waveform itself and how much it's being shaved. Clipping is the one thing that I just can't trust my ears on completely if I want it transparent, just to shave off the tips on the way into the compressor, and level meters aren't enough (for me). But I think SIR's StandardClip may be the one if nothing else pops up. It's so ugly I've never looked twice at it in my search (sort of Windows95-ish, very Reaper-y, but it gets a lot of love and it's currently at $25. :)

edit: V-clip is down to $15 and has good waveform visuals and a few other interesting features. And StandardClip comes down to $19 after signing up for the newsletter, so either are good enough to jump on. Gonna get the demos and see how their windows behave in Reaper and will call it a season!!!! :tu:
Try adding Big Clipper to your cart and going to checkout. I found it had an extra $10 knocked off so down to $19, not sure if it was because I own some of his plugins

Havok wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 4:31 pm
Try adding Big Clipper to your cart and going to checkout. I found it had an extra $10 knocked off so down to $19, not sure if it was because I own some of his plugins
Thanks for the suggestion! I tried this as someone who owns no plugins from Boz and the price stayed the same at $29. Just reporting back for others!

spigmu wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 2:38 pm

You are my soft clipping spirit animal, I am looking for a soft clipper with the visuals for the same reason as you. I was gonna bite the bullet on Boz but both of the suggestions you made look better. I am not near my studio and can't demo... let me know which one you go with!

StandardClip is amazing.

I’ve tried every clipper known to man, and it’s still on my mix bus and mastering bus.

( great for either soft or hard clipping)

Add F-Rex to the list. Where did this tool come from?? I love this kind of thing. You select a frequency band within the L/R pan window and it separates them as the audio inside the selection and outside the selection. Separate processing can then happen on the inside and outside regions. Spectral processing. I love it! $29 no brainer.

https://internetmusicsoft.com/frex/

Direct or JRR, but no discount.

Just got Boom Library liftFX for $24.75 from Audio Plugin Deals.

https://audioplugin.deals/liftfx-by-boom-library/

a_frikn_squirrel wrote: Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:14 pm
You are my soft clipping spirit animal, I am looking for a soft clipper with the visuals for the same reason as you. I was gonna bite the bullet on Boz but both of the suggestions you made look better. I am not near my studio and can't demo... let me know which one you go with!

LOL! I decided to go with StandardClip at $19, because after twiddling with demos I found it easiest to dial in what I was after, which was surprising given my repulsion for plugins that have that Windows95 look. But the UI is actually very good, and it has a feature I haven't seen elsewhere as far as visual of the waveform, which is that is that you can see the whole wave, like most clippers, which is kind of a waste since you're only concerned with the edges, or it can give you a half wave view, which is essentially filling up the viewing portion with a zoomed in view of the tips of the waveforms, so you can see how much you're shaving off. That's the window I'd be spending my time looking at, so it made me happy to see that function, and you can enlarge the GUI up to 200%, if you need a still closer look. It doesn't have some of the features of V-clip, such as the variety of shapes and the auto settings (which I couldn't really figure out how to work and didn't give much of a chance) and some others. V-clip gets the nod for features and versatility, I suppose, but I warmed up to the StandardClip UI quicker, and it has plenty of settings options. (Both have one function I had to have, which is to have the rendering oversampling rate set differently from the monitoring one, so you can be working in 2x and when you hit render it's 32x or whatever you want.)

And then when I went back to get it and saw the bundle with the SIR3 convolution verb I got that too!
Last edited by spigmu on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Effects”