Post Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:03 am

ramseysounds wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:35 am
GaryG wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:32 am
ramseysounds wrote:
Sun Nov 29, 2020 1:23 am
so another list of delays then?
if you don't want to talk plugins on a plugins forum then maybe you're wasting your time here..?
yep, you're probably right but how many posts do we really need about 'name your fav plug-in'? :roll:
:zzz:

c_voltage
KVRAF
2050 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Mon Dec 14, 2020 1:56 pm

Cooker wrote:
Mon Dec 14, 2020 3:25 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GozOCQX ... e=emb_logo

Cool example on how lifeless a (clean) plug-in delay can sound.
There is also second part

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vzw1Rm4dLJw

I can mistake, but it seemed to me that people in comments under video select more liked variants based on examples where delay's affect just a little more pronounced (louder\brighter) as in example with pcm70.

Robertovoid
KVRer
5 posts since 13 Sep, 2021

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 am

hi guys. Huge Valhalla Delay user here (and have just bought a flashback2 as a physical pedal for my Synthesizers jams <3).
Electronic music maker and producer (electronic and jazz music, not dance)

I've just bought the EC300 Delay as there was a huge sales discount with coupon (ended up at 25$) and wondering if anyone has any opinion about it, especially in relation/comparison to valhalla delay.
Is it worth it to keep it? or is it redundant already having Valhalla?
I can ask for a refund, and that's why I'm asking

Thanks and best

asstudioton
KVRer
29 posts since 14 Sep, 2021 from Belgrade

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:13 am

Robertovoid wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:55 am
I've just bought the EC300 Delay as there was a huge sales discount with coupon (ended up at 25$) and wondering if anyone has any opinion about it, especially in relation/comparison to valhalla delay.
Is it worth it to keep it? or is it redundant already having Valhalla?
I can ask for a refund, and that's why I'm asking

Thanks and best
Me too.i am a huge valhalla delay user and bought ec300 at discontinued price . I like it and i will keep it. it has a 3 different modes, like 3 plugins in one gui. fot that price its good to have it in your arsenal
AS STUDIOTON / www.asstudioton.com
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

Robertovoid
KVRer
5 posts since 13 Sep, 2021

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 am

Thanks for the prompt reply
I'm always reluctant as I have tons of stuff in my arsenal that I end up not using (and tons of stuff I should have not bought :D but I didn't know back in the days)

s28
KVRist
461 posts since 9 Aug, 2017

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:19 am

I use Valhalla UberMod, Valhalla Delay, Airwindows TapeDelay2.

Bulbizarre
KVRist
213 posts since 31 Aug, 2020

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:43 am

Valhalla delay, echoboy (jr especially), and my new favorite / go-to Replika XT ! Love that thing.
Also ubermod for delays is smeary and wobbly like no other, I have tried to replace it on a current track to clean a bit of mud but can't find any replacment.
And of course the Live delays :)

takaperry
KVRist
62 posts since 6 Sep, 2021

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:53 am

EchoBoy, ValhallaDelay, Replika XT, and Sandman Pro here.

ValhallaDelay and Sandman Pro are particularly good for more out-of-the-box sound design and when I want the plug-in to surprise me.

EchoBoy and Relika XT on the other hand I use for more bread and butter delays and vintage tones. Also for EchoBoy there’s the good old trick of turning the mix to 100% wet, delay time and feedback to 0, and flicking through various Style parameters to get interesting coloration on your track.
multi-platinum music producer / songwriter
https://www.takaperry.com

asstudioton
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:56 am

Robertovoid wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 2:21 am
Thanks for the prompt reply
I'm always reluctant as I have tons of stuff in my arsenal that I end up not using (and tons of stuff I should have not bought :D but I didn't know back in the days)
if it's for your consolation i own over 1500 licenses (400 ilok based, 200 uad etc.) , and I have a problem using them al :hihi:
//Music production, recording studio and home to impeccable and uncompromising sound quality, and consequently an unprecedented listening experience//

takaperry
KVRist

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 am

asstudioton wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:56 am
if it's for your consolation i own over 1500 licenses (400 ilok based, 200 uad etc.) , and I have a problem using them al :hihi:
The fact that UAD doesn’t give you the option to only have authorised plugins installed is infuriating.

My OCD means I need to manually delete every plug-in I don’t own from my system folder every time there’s a UAD update :dog:

FapFilter
KVRian
917 posts since 29 Oct, 2015 from Jupiter 8

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:04 am

Buy them all. Problem solved! :party:
There's no Logic to Windows

asstudioton
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:05 am

takaperry wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:01 am
asstudioton wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 4:56 am
The fact that UAD doesn’t give you the option to only have authorised plugins installed is infuriating.

My OCD means I need to manually delete every plug-in I don’t own from my system folder every time there’s a UAD update :dog:
yeap, annoyingly. in a way they make you try and buy a lot :idea:

asstudioton
KVRer

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:07 am

There is app called plughub (mac only) so you can manage and organize your plugins as well

takaperry
KVRist

Post Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:11 am

asstudioton wrote:
Tue Sep 14, 2021 5:05 am
yeap, annoyingly. in a way they make you try and buy a lot :idea:
The plug-in quality is fantastic but I’ve been trying to avoid using UAD plugins in my mix sessions recently - just not a fan of having to plug in my 19” rackmount iLok to work on my projects :lol:

Return to “Effects”