AudioThing releases ALBOROSIE DUB STATION: a careful recreation of King Tubby's original filter, echos and spring reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Alborosie Dub Station

Audio examples?
Yo Leroy!

BoogerSnotOrchestra wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 8:04 pm Audio examples?
Overstated!

Nope...ope...ope...ope...ope...

But Youtube...ube...ube...ube...ube...

And demo...o...o...o...o...

Coming soon...you can try the demo meanwhile.
dark water wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:58 pm Nope...ope...ope...ope...ope...

But Youtube...ube...ube...ube...ube...

And demo...o...o...o...o...
LOL :D
AudioThing (VST, AU, AAX, CLAP Plugins)
Instagram | Twitter | Discord Server

perpetual3 wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:43 pm
Ah_Dziz wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 12:57 pm
kgdrum wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 5:10 am
audiothing wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 1:09 am Thanks for the feedback guys!
perpetual3 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:01 pmPlease, please - take this Alborosie concept further and use a feedback matrix where we can emulate a console specifically for routing sends to track, and being able to play the console for proper dub.
Ah yes, that would be really cool indeed!

@Audiothing
@Perpetual3

this is a GREAT IDEA! 💡

Is there a way to implement this?

👍
This is very doable in Bitwig. Many other hosts/subhosts too but Bitwig is great for playing with feedback.
viewtopic.php?f=259&t=546029
The only two DAWs of which I know that they allow feedback are REAPER and Reason...
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

jens wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:43 am
perpetual3 wrote: Mon Feb 01, 2021 11:01 pmPlease, please - take this Alborosie concept further and use a feedback matrix where we can emulate a console specifically for routing sends to track, and being able to play the console for proper dub.
@Audiothing
@Perpetual3
this is a GREAT IDEA! 💡
👍
This is very doable in Bitwig. Many other hosts/subhosts too but Bitwig is great for playing with feedback.
The only two DAWs of which I know that they allow feedback are REAPER and Reason...
You can do this in Logic. You can route the output of an aux/send/bus to an audiotrack and it can be captured. I've done this using reaktor so I could capture the performed output of a stutter/granulator effect thing. With care, you can send that same audio track back into that send channel...and capture the feedback too.

After Valves, Outer Space, and Wires, if Audio Thing say Alborosie is worth 120 then i'll take it for 60! ;) :p

theviirus wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 2:31 am
jens wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:43 am

@Audiothing
@Perpetual3
this is a GREAT IDEA! 💡
👍
You can do this in Logic. You can route the output of an aux/send/bus to an audiotrack and it can be captured. I've done this using reaktor so I could capture the performed output of a stutter/granulator effect thing. With care, you can send that same audio track back into that send channel...and capture the feedback too.
You can with Ableton too, but the problem is that because this is digital, unpleasant artefacts like negative feedback can occur. It’s not the same thing as analog or modeled analog feedback.

jens wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:43 am The only two DAWs of which I know that they allow feedback are REAPER and Reason...
Live allows you to send a send to itself, you have to right-click it and choose Return A or whatever to return it to itself. Then you can stack effects, obviously a 100% no feedback delay too.

GaryG wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:31 pm
jens wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:43 am The only two DAWs of which I know that they allow feedback are REAPER and Reason...
Live allows you to send a send to itself, you have to right-click it and choose Return A or whatever to return it to itself. Then you can stack effects, obviously a 100% no feedback delay too.
Yes, but without proper modeling unpleasant artefacts can occur like negative feedback. It’s just not the same thing as a proper console.

YouTube Videos showing it being used in a song would be very helpful.

I’ll demo this and video it. It’ll be a handful of hours until I get to it and post the video, bit I’ll link it here. There’ll be no talking, music only, it’s not going to be a review, just straight demo.

DMG68 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:25 pm I’ll demo this and video it. It’ll be a handful of hours until I get to it and post the video, bit I’ll link it here. There’ll be no talking, music only, it’s not going to be a review, just straight demo.
i was gonna ask in your cafe thread if you had seen this! :tu:

I was able to move on this a little quicker than I thought.
I'd really like a non resonant high pass filter in the feedback path of the delay, it's sorely missing. Running the hardware thru a mixer, as was spoken about higher up the thread, would allow use of the channel eq to cut the low end.
Here's the demo:
https://youtu.be/JmtRS6bJoX4
Last edited by DMG68 on Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:40 pm
DMG68 wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 6:25 pm I’ll demo this and video it. It’ll be a handful of hours until I get to it and post the video, bit I’ll link it here. There’ll be no talking, music only, it’s not going to be a review, just straight demo.
i was gonna ask in your cafe thread if you had seen this! :tu:
Yes vurt, I got the email from Audio Thing and downloaded the demo, just didn't have a chance to install or try it until now.

Return to “Effects”