Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I agree with PatchAdamz. From the screenshots alone, I would have said that it's a step backwards, but, the opposite is the case.

Not everything looking more shiny is really more operable.

bonch wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 11:06 pm I dragged the window to a secondary display that has a standard DPI, and this is what I see, which looks different from yours.

Screen Shot 2021-10-05 at 4.59.45 PM.png

I was able to increase legibility even further by increasing the GUI scale factor. Wish I could offer a workaround for you.
It doesn't look that much different and you can't possibly think even that gui looks like it belongs in 2021 ?

I already have a workaround and it's to just keep using version 1 which looks great, sounds great, and has a functional gui.

I just feel bad for Dmitry because this doesn't live up to the quality of his previous work and if he keeps releasing plugins with that level of GUI quality he's going to keep getting negative feedback.

Anyway I stand by my theory that he programmed Tantra 2 on a system with HiDPI and did not test it on HD monitors. That's the only explanation that makes any sense to me.

Like I said style is one thing and quality is another and to me the quality of Tantra 2's GUI is very poor and the style is bland and uninspiring. Tantra 1 is far superior in appearance...to me. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:53 pm Well, if Tantra 2 is available for $39.99 one day, and I get a $20 voucher on top of that, I will get it for sure.
So you're saying Tantra 2 is worth no more than $19.99. That tells us all we need to know about its appeal. :wink:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

I'm not saying that. But, if it comes like it's inevitable to come, I will pay only $19.99. :) Or, rather... 25 €, for us poor Europeans who have to pay VAT.

Teksonik wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:05 pm Like I said style is one thing and quality is another and to me the quality of Tantra 2's GUI is very poor and the style is bland and uninspiring. Tantra 1 is far superior in appearance...to me. :shrug:
Gee whiz. I think we understood your opinion a few pages back, and in between here and there multiple times, as well.

If my posts offend you then please block me. Every time you quote me it just incentivizes me to post again. :wink:

Oh I get it now I'm disagreeing with your opinion....that's the real problem... :shrug:
Bodhisan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:05 pm For me, the UI is a huge and modern update to an outdated version 1 that was a bit too carnival-like.

Could someone tell me whether the additional functionality is worth the upgrade, think we’ve covered the gui

shonky wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:06 pm Could someone tell me whether the additional functionality is worth the upgrade, think we’ve covered the gui
All I saw from the changelog was:

Added new "intelligent" randomizer
Added new filter models
Added global playback speed control

That's it. The rest was under-the-bonnet stuff. I hear no difference side-by side with Tantra 1 apart from the new filters of course.
Last edited by Mr Arkadin on Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

One thing that came from this is I learned about infiltrator by devious machines . Does it compare ?
Don't trust those with words of weakness, they are the most aggressive

Mr Arkadin wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:39 pm
shonky wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 8:06 pm Could someone tell me whether the additional functionality is worth the upgrade, think we’ve covered the gui
All I saw from the changelog was:

Added new "intelligent" randomizer
Added new filter models
Added global playback speed control

That's it. The rest was under-the-bonnet stuff. I hear no difference side-by side with Tantra 1 apart from the new filters of course.
Thanks, didn't really see much had been added, might upgrade/buy at a later stage if the feature set improves but not much really makes me want to buy at the minute

LeVzi wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:22 am
Tj Shredder wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:01 am On the PA site for Tantra scroll down.
Its $49 for v1 users. Just don‘t do it…
Its $99 for users of Thorn. If you have $75 voucher you can consider it, or if you can afford to support Dmitry with some extra cash. All others simply wait…
I own a few things from PA, and I never get these vouchers ?
You have to be signed up to the newsletter iirc

If you don't have either version of Tantra, then give a look to Data Broth's videos on both versions--in both, Tantra sure seems a worthy investment, but that says nothing about an upgrade.

I love what Data Broth did with Tantra 2, and I still want to get it, either version:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zI28OmZ2oTY

There are several he did with Tantra 1:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a8oryc-oiw&t=2532s
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AACxmRoFgFQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=scGyQrUs1O8

Plenty of other videos out there from others, of course.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Databroth's talk-free videos are really helpful if you want to see what a plugin is capable of starting from an Init Patch. :tu:

After playing with the demos a bit more today for both this and Bx true peak, I’m gonna pull the trigger on Tantra2 this month and hope true peak comes in lower than $80 later on. I know true peak gets a lot of hate but liked it.

chk071 wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 2:24 pm I'm not saying that. But, if it comes like it's inevitable to come, I will pay only $19.99. :) Or, rather... 25 €, for us poor Europeans who have to pay VAT.
... just in case someone's interested: I successfully applied a $25 loyalty voucher on the Tantra 1 upgrade price, bringing the upgrade price down to $24,99 + vat.

Return to “Effects”