Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist

Topic Starter

126 posts since 5 Oct, 2012

Post Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:35 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 8:45 am
I hope that Tantra 2 is multi-touch capable.
That it has one or more X-Y pads.
That it has some included multi-midi fx.
That it is released very soon.
Not sure what you mean by multimidi FX?

KVRAF
5015 posts since 27 Jul, 2001 from Tarpon Springs, Florida, USA

Post Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:47 pm

^^^
Multi-FX are for audio like Infiltrator.
Just thinking outload what midi Multi-fx would be like.
Perhaps I should just have removed the "multi" and said "That it has some included midi fx"

Actually as I have given this more thought I am withdrawing that which I have stated about midi. :oops:

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Mon Jun 21, 2021 10:54 pm

Kalamata Kid wrote:
Mon Jun 21, 2021 2:47 pm
^^^
Multi-FX are for audio like Infiltrator.
Just thinking outload what midi Multi-fx would be like.
Perhaps I should just have removed the "multi" and said "That it has some included midi fx"

Actually as I have given this more thought I am withdrawing that which I have stated about midi. :oops:
Yeah I don't think there will be any midi FX

KVRist
79 posts since 25 Jul, 2010 from united states

Post Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:52 pm

Hopefully soon, but i think its just a small update and some bug fixes.
Ableton Live 10, Korg Monologue. Various vst's and effects

KVRist

Topic Starter

Post Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:40 am

street spirit wrote:
Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:52 pm
Hopefully soon, but i think its just a small update and some bug fixes.
Quoted from Dmitry:

I'm still tweaking and adding some features, but the most important changes are:
- completely new UI, resizable and animated
- redesigned randomizer, it's awesome now
- new processing models
- many minor changes and various tweaks

:party:

KVRAF
3045 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:25 am

I don't mind the wait, i've learned to absolutely love Dimitry's work, especially the UI's.

Tantra is an awesome plugin, so Tantra 2 should be equally as good.
Forward ever, Backward never

KVRAF
1514 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbit Sol III

Post Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 am

Love Tantra it's one of my favs also. Don't like PA with their "absurd price for suckers, noobies, early adopters and then silly low prices which destabilize the market. looking forward to T2. Dimitry seems like a great guy.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

KVRAF
29275 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 am

CrystalWizard wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 am
Love Tantra it's one of my favs also. Don't like PA with their "absurd price for suckers, noobies, early adopters and then silly low prices which destabilize the market.
They might do it to the extreme, but, it neither destabilizes the market, nor is it any different to any other product which is offered for a higher price when it is introduced, and then goes on sale for 30% or 50% off after some time. Those price dynamics are absolutely great for the customer, because he can decide for himself when he's gonna buy, and at which price point he's gonna buy. Perfect.

That said, again, PA do it to extreme, just like Waves. I find that a bit ridiculous as well. Nonetheless, I think dynamic pricing is the way to go.
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

KVRAF
1514 posts since 10 Jul, 2008 from Orbit Sol III

Post Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:22 pm

chk071 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 am
CrystalWizard wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 6:57 am
Love Tantra it's one of my favs also. Don't like PA with their "absurd price for suckers, noobies, early adopters and then silly low prices which destabilize the market.
They might do it to the extreme, but, it neither destabilizes the market, nor is it any different to any other product which is offered for a higher price when it is introduced, None the less, I think dynamic pricing is the way to go.
yeah, it destabilizes the market.
gadgets an gizmos...make noise
https://soundcloud.com/crystalawareness

KVRAF
6596 posts since 13 Jan, 2003 from Darkest Kent, UK

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:08 am

CrystalWizard wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 5:22 pm
chk071 wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 am
They might do it to the extreme, but, it neither destabilizes the market, nor is it any different to any other product which is offered for a higher price when it is introduced, None the less, I think dynamic pricing is the way to go.
yeah, it destabilizes the market.
I'm not sure I'd say destabilize the market but there policies can trash a plugins rep I think. Take Sandman Pro for instance, easily up there with Valhalla Delay or Echoboy imo yet now often seen in the Buy/Sell forum for as little as $5, someone offloading it who got it for free in a PA megasale. And people do judge plugs by their perceived value, look at all the free v payware threads here.

DSs Thorn itself is another victim of this, always copies available for very low prices, sure people like it but it's value is severly reduced. Maybe UA and DS still get paid the 'full' amount and it's PAs loss...
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")

KVRAF
29275 posts since 11 Apr, 2010 from Germany

Post Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:23 am

Dmitry definitely was quite positive about joining Plugin Alliance: viewtopic.php?p=7308687#p7308687

I know, we couch potatoes, and experts for everything (especially in regards of businesses and economics) know it much better, but, still...
Plugins and a DAW. On an operating system. Which runs on a computer.

KVRAF
4510 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 11:53 am

If via PA then no M1 native because they havent ported their framework.
But what he sells on his page isnt either so i guess it wouldnt happen either way.

Too bad

KVRAF
15785 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 12:06 pm

chk071 wrote:
Thu Sep 23, 2021 11:23 am
Dmitry definitely was quite positive about joining Plugin Alliance: viewtopic.php?p=7308687#p7308687

I know, we couch potatoes, and experts for everything (especially in regards of businesses and economics) know it much better, but, still...
In your link he said "DS Audio can now provide much better services and concentrate exactly and solely on plugin development.

That was in February of 2019. So it doesn't look like his affiliation with PA has led to any accelerated product release schedule.

Whether it was a good financial move or not only he knows for sure. I wish him good luck regardless.

On the subject of Tantra 2 he told me back in February of this year: "I think I'll make it ready in two months or something". So it could be any day or months more....... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRist
124 posts since 25 Apr, 2021

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 9:46 pm

If Tantra 2 took that long, then I expect Diversion in 2025. Unless he's been developing them in parallel.

KVRAF
3045 posts since 8 Jul, 2008 from UK

Post Fri Sep 24, 2021 10:09 pm

If Thorn is literally the only PA plugin he has ported to them, maybe that was the experiment and he's not going to move Diversion and Tantra over. Or he's waiting for the V2 releases and put them on PA. If that's the case, after reading his post, it seems we'd need to pay PA the 20$ fee to get the V2 versions if we own V1's.

I have always hated PA and this would seal that for me, because if they are or would be free updates it's them cashing in, i'd be happy to pay Dimitry a fee to upgrade to V2 of the two plugins, but I would feel robbed giving it to PA.
Forward ever, Backward never

Return to “Effects”