Anyone have any new info on Tantra 2?>

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Or wait until it's $29 and use your monthly $25 voucher to get it for $4.
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

AKJ wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 9:06 pm Yeah, absolutely, the real value is much higher. Imagine having to buy it all in hardware. It would be millions ;-)
Imagine having to buy it all in gold plated hardware
BONES wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:17 am Or wait until it's $29 and use your monthly $25 voucher to get it for $4.
wow you're really cheating the system

BONES wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:17 am Or wait until it's $29 and use your monthly $25 voucher to get it for $4.
The $25 loyalty voucher has a minimum spend of $32.

wonder why DS would decide to ditch Voger design for Tantra2 - a GUI design that was touted by literally everbody - to switch to this kind of underbaked flat stuff.

You can download it now and demo it which is what I am doing as I type this. I am not a subscriber.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... tra_2.html

Looks to me that it is the same product , perhaps 5% to 10% more efficient on the CPU. The gui is resizable. 6 new filters. It supports multicore. The grid where you layout the steps is easier to see. The EQ section is worse. There are only values that you change - there are no "knobs' ... there is spectral readout which is nice but it should have the knobs too. All the factory content is there from the original Tantra.

There are no new sequences or gate presets that I see. The effects remain unchanged except there are 6 new filter types on top of what was already there. I was thinking perhaps we'd see a couple of different reverbs, delays and enhanced efx but it looks to be one to one to the original except for the gui and new filter types. There is one less control on the mixing panel. There used to be two mix controls and two panning controls. We've lost one panning control with Tantra 2. Also they are now calling the Limiter a Clipper but I think it is just a name change.

Oddly where you change the routing order of the efx the effects don't reorder on the gui. The original doesn't do this either but this seems like a no brainer given that the interface has been redesigned - a missed opportunity. The mod matrix is identical except for the gui. Sonically, I compared Tantra 1 to Tantra 2 and I don't hear any major differences. I might be hearing a touch more clarity on the same presets on Tantra 2 but I can't be sure. If there is it isn't night and day. I'm interested to see if anyone spots any sonic differences that I missed apart from the new filter types. Its been a long time coming and it remains essentially the same product with a scalable interface, a few more filters and multicore support.
Last edited by Scotty on Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:04 am, edited 8 times in total.

‘Tantra 2 offers a generational shift in GUI design’

Hmm

jesus, knobs have some kind of weird taper "momentum" thing going on, they "ease in" on the position you set them.
whoever thought that was a good idea... :dog:

LeVzi wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:40 am Tantra 1's GUI is gorgeous, I love it, and the new one looks fking awful in comparison.
Yes I have to agree. It's quite a step backward in quality in my opinion. Perhaps it was to add "grab and drag" resizing but making something you don't like to look at bigger just creates more ugly..... :?

Of course we're only judging on a small screenshot but based solely on that I'm really disappointed in the new GUI.

Tantra 1 is a very powerful FX processor so version 2 will have to bring a lot of new features in order to entice me to upgrade. If it blows me away and I just have to have it then putting up with the new GUI will be part of the price to pay I guess.

I'm sure some people love the new GUI over the old one but that just shows how preferences can vary wildly from person to person. :shrug:

EDIT: I see in a later post it's available for demo now so will give it a go.....
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Ok 30 seconds in and I'm sorry but this is one of the worst quality GUIs I've ever seen. I'd say it looks like something from 2001 but that would be an insult to 2001.

The aliasing all over the interface is insane. The rings around the knobs are especially bad.

I'm a huge fan of Dmitry, he's one of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of working with on the internet but how he thought this GUI was a "generational shift in GUI design" I'll never know. Well unless it was intended to be a shift backward a generation or two.

I haven't even run any signals into it yet to see if it's a leap forward in sound design but to honest I don't even want to now... :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Did some more tweaking with it, this thing is impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lV205dDXwCQ

So what’s new in Version 2?? The plugin alliance page doesn’t say anything.

6 new filters, multi core support, limiter is called a clipper, spectrograph in the Eq which now lacks knobs. Everything else seems identical apart from resizeable gui. All old presents from factory to expansions are present.

Scotty wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:06 pm 6 new filters
Those filters are
"Clean LP12 dB/24 dB and Clean BP"
"Dark LP12 dB/24 dB and Dark BP"

The original filters have the word "Legacy" before them.
That´s not very much for a version 2. I hoped to have at least different distortion modes.

Sorry for the post looks like I was late for the show :dog:

Did the improve the reverb algorithm, as well as the resonance compensation for the filters?

Return to “Effects”