Thenatan releases "Vybz" Lofi Multi-Effect Plugin with 63% off Intro Offer discount

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRian
663 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 am

Still having serious issues with logic and vybz 1.1. For example, I duplicated a track which was using vybz and it popped and shut down my whole systems audio - logic, webbrowser, spotify - everything. When I disable the vybz instance on the new duplicated track, I get a pop and the audio comes back. Enable it again and a loud pop, everything goes off again.

This needs sorting man, it's still unusable at best, and pretty fkn scary and may end up damagaing my monitors or hearing at worst.

mac pro 2013, logic, mojave, apollo twin thunderbolt.

Here's the preset that was up when the issue happens;
Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 16.27.30.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

KVRian
663 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:29 am

Btw, I know you were saying earlier that you hadn't had anymore bug reports since releasing 1.1, but this is the first time I've used it since the update and this happened with 3 minutes.

User avatar
KVRAF
4248 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:05 am

m-ac wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 am
Still having serious issues with logic and vybz 1.1. For example, I duplicated a track which was using vybz and it popped and shut down my whole systems audio - logic, webbrowser, spotify - everything. When I disable the vybz instance on the new duplicated track, I get a pop and the audio comes back. Enable it again and a loud pop, everything goes off again.

This needs sorting man, it's still unusable at best, and pretty fkn scary and may end up damagaing my monitors or hearing at worst.

mac pro 2013, logic, mojave, apollo twin thunderbolt.

Here's the preset that was up when the issue happens;

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 16.27.30.png
This is a Logic/Core Audio issue. Ive had this issue for years with Logic. It was very sporadic and would only happen with certain plugins. All those with issues I reported and not one dev was able to find and fix the problem. Its macPOS and ilLogic causing the issue. I switched to Reaper and no longer have these issues.

KVRian
663 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:35 pm

plexuss wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:05 am
m-ac wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 am
Still having serious issues with logic and vybz 1.1. For example, I duplicated a track which was using vybz and it popped and shut down my whole systems audio - logic, webbrowser, spotify - everything. When I disable the vybz instance on the new duplicated track, I get a pop and the audio comes back. Enable it again and a loud pop, everything goes off again.

This needs sorting man, it's still unusable at best, and pretty fkn scary and may end up damagaing my monitors or hearing at worst.

mac pro 2013, logic, mojave, apollo twin thunderbolt.

Here's the preset that was up when the issue happens;

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 16.27.30.png
This is a Logic/Core Audio issue. Ive had this issue for years with Logic. It was very sporadic and would only happen with certain plugins. All those with issues I reported and not one dev was able to find and fix the problem. Its macPOS and ilLogic causing the issue. I switched to Reaper and no longer have these issues.
If it only happens with a handful of plugins, I'd say it's the plugin at fault. Sure, developers probably have to amend and customise the code for logic, but thats the development business in all cases. If we take RC-20 as an example (closest plug I have to vybz), I've probably used that for 300 man hours and not a single crash so it can be done, things just need to be coded properly to run stable on mac and logic.

User avatar
KVRAF
4248 posts since 8 Jul, 2009

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:44 pm

m-ac wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:35 pm
plexuss wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:05 am
m-ac wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 am
Still having serious issues with logic and vybz 1.1. For example, I duplicated a track which was using vybz and it popped and shut down my whole systems audio - logic, webbrowser, spotify - everything. When I disable the vybz instance on the new duplicated track, I get a pop and the audio comes back. Enable it again and a loud pop, everything goes off again.

This needs sorting man, it's still unusable at best, and pretty fkn scary and may end up damagaing my monitors or hearing at worst.

mac pro 2013, logic, mojave, apollo twin thunderbolt.

Here's the preset that was up when the issue happens;

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 16.27.30.png
This is a Logic/Core Audio issue. Ive had this issue for years with Logic. It was very sporadic and would only happen with certain plugins. All those with issues I reported and not one dev was able to find and fix the problem. Its macPOS and ilLogic causing the issue. I switched to Reaper and no longer have these issues.
If it only happens with a handful of plugins, I'd say it's the plugin at fault. Sure, developers probably have to amend and customise the code for logic, but thats the development business in all cases. If we take RC-20 as an example (closest plug I have to vybz), I've probably used that for 300 man hours and not a single crash so it can be done, things just need to be coded properly to run stable on mac and logic.
Either way these are the things we have to deal with on macPOS which is frustrating no matter how you cut it. I run the AU on Reaper and do not have the Core Audio Lock-up issue. I am well aware of it though! It's very loud when it happens for me. I have not had it happen since switching to Reaper over a year ago, so perhaps it's a Logic issue. Who know with Apple...

KVRist
109 posts since 13 Mar, 2019

Post Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:28 pm

m-ac wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:25 am
Still having serious issues with logic and vybz 1.1. For example, I duplicated a track which was using vybz and it popped and shut down my whole systems audio - logic, webbrowser, spotify - everything. When I disable the vybz instance on the new duplicated track, I get a pop and the audio comes back. Enable it again and a loud pop, everything goes off again.

This needs sorting man, it's still unusable at best, and pretty fkn scary and may end up damagaing my monitors or hearing at worst.

mac pro 2013, logic, mojave, apollo twin thunderbolt.

Here's the preset that was up when the issue happens;

Screenshot 2021-03-29 at 16.27.30.png
Same exact issue on Logic, but works flawlessly in Reaper for me as well...no problems at all except for a weird artifact sound when loading custom textures while using the ducking option...
Honestly ever since 10.5 I can rarely use Logic Pro anymore in general. Several plugins crash consistently, or randomly shoot huge cpu spikes. I was able avoid the cpu spike issue by loading the vsts through patchwork and everything works fine except for the several plugins that just flat out crash. I don’t remember if Logic has an auto mute option like Reaper, but at the very least I would recommend using a limiter on your master track. I have had several close encounters with my eardrums using Logic and the absurd 60+ db spikes randomly occurring with plugins that seem to have compatibility issues.

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

129 posts since 27 May, 2017

Post Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 pm

Hello everyone, and I hope all is well
First of all, Sorry Fo the late Replies, I Was so sick, And need to stay At Bed, and Couldnt check the notifications
Please Accept My Apologies

We addressed a few bugs, That only happens In logic, and fixed Them,
The new update is Coming this Week, It is More CPU Friendly,
And the performance Is Very Great with VYBZ 1.5.0.

Please Stay Tuned
Best to you All

Natan

User avatar
KVRist
42 posts since 7 Apr, 2012 from Stockholm

Post Thu Apr 01, 2021 2:19 am

Good to hear.. hope you're feelin better!

Ejnoying this plug in more then i expected,
on stuff i did not expect!

Beefing snares and claps , with Texture in follow mode + IR + Delay , no feedback, filter + Damage + NY Comp = Makes them Beefy and as wide is a whant. :love:


Wish - Damage had a hi+lopass section like Texture etc
and i wish the both the hi and lopass section (in texture, Reverb etc) would sweep ALL the way from 20hz to 20khz , and not be limted.

A lovely plug in , right up my alley :tu:
thenatan wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 pm
Hello everyone, and I hope all is well
First of all, Sorry Fo the late Replies, I Was so sick, And need to stay At Bed, and Couldnt check the notifications
Please Accept My Apologies

We addressed a few bugs, That only happens In logic, and fixed Them,
The new update is Coming this Week, It is More CPU Friendly,
And the performance Is Very Great with VYBZ 1.5.0.

Please Stay Tuned
Best to you All

Natan

KVRist
280 posts since 16 Mar, 2005

Post Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:54 am

thenatan wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 8:45 pm
Hello everyone, and I hope all is well
First of all, Sorry Fo the late Replies, I Was so sick, And need to stay At Bed, and Couldnt check the notifications
Please Accept My Apologies

We addressed a few bugs, That only happens In logic, and fixed Them,
The new update is Coming this Week, It is More CPU Friendly,
And the performance Is Very Great with VYBZ 1.5.0.

Please Stay Tuned
Best to you All

Natan
Sorry to hear, hope that it was nothing too serious and that you are back on your feet now!

Glad to know you are working on 1.5.0 (besides performance, can we know about some new features that will make their way into the upcoming version, please? :oops: )

KVRian
1293 posts since 2 Jun, 2003

Post Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:21 pm

Hoping you are feeling well! And wondering how things are going?
If every KVR member wrote one review a year we'd have 678 reviews each day!

KVRian
663 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:24 am

Apparently he's still in bed :P

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

129 posts since 27 May, 2017

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:50 am

Hey folks, hope all is well
First thanks for all you get-well messages, and Replies,
Thanks to god I Feel Very Good now :)

We are about to release Brand new Plugins Aswell As Updates for VYBZ In This Week
Please stay tune
Thanks
Natan

User avatar
KVRist
42 posts since 7 Apr, 2012 from Stockholm

Post Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:12 pm

Glad you feeling better!

looking forward to the update (and the new plug-in!)

...any hints on the update?

KVRian
663 posts since 18 Dec, 2007

Post Fri May 14, 2021 12:51 am

thenatan wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:50 am
Hey folks, hope all is well
First thanks for all you get-well messages, and Replies,
Thanks to god I Feel Very Good now :)

We are about to release Brand new Plugins Aswell As Updates for VYBZ In This Week
Please stay tune
Thanks
Natan
So how are we looking?

Return to “Effects”