RELATED
PRODUCTS

Kinh wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 1:08 am
vurt wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:36 pm
Kinh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:32 am
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:15 am
Kinh wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 7:39 am
Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:32 am

I'm thinking very seriously about buying the PCM Total Bundle. This is serious money for me, but they appear to be the best.
what makes it the best?

The strategy they use to get people to buy is mark up the price, create perceived value, pay $$ for experts to endorse. Some companies can afford to to this, others cant but that dont make their product worse.

Long story short, use your stock reverb unless you need something specific like plate or diffusion that yours cant do cause quality wise, they're all similar.
Of course it’s the sound that’s makes the lexicon best. I’d not compromise for anything other than sound.

I take this very seriously, it’s not a hobby or game for me.

Honestly if you think that stock reverb plugins are good enough, I’d suggest you’re in the wrong forum. There’s a massive difference in quality and sound. Reverb is probably the most important effect to understand and use.
Dont stress, you dont have to take my advice.
You can either find out the easy or hard way, your choice. Trust me, I was like you once upon a time, spent shit loads on many reverbs only to prefer my stock Ableton to this day.
Advice: use your ears, not your instinct and you'll have more money to spend on things that matter.
let's hear it then.
put yo money where yo mush be!
There's a link at the bottom of my posts all you need to do is click it if you wanna hear my stuff, unless you're too scared to.
Realty is I spend more time mixing music than you and probably most people on kvr so I kinda know what I'm talking about. People on these forums, including the OP are under the illusion spending a lot of money on something will make you sound 'professional' when all they're doing is telling their brains:
"Because I spend money on this it must be important to me and that makes me feel professional".
Investing time will make the difference. It's what you 'do' with the reverb that makes it sound great, not how much you spend on it.
If you use the right techniques you can make any reverb sound like any released track on the radio. But unfortunately this culture struggles with listening to other people. Everybody's stuck in this "I know better" mentality. When I was younger we actually listened to people who knew better than us and made informed decisions based on all the facts. If someone's telling you something different from what you wanna hear don't get offended, don't think they're talking out of their ass, dont insult them and attempt to label them amateur so you can validate your ignorance, just listen because they may know more about something than you do.
Where did I suggest spending a lot of money makes you sound professional? Is that something you just pulled out your ass? I’m looking for the best sounding reverb, for me.

I don’t care how long you spend mixing music, clearly you’ve never developed an ear for it. I pay my bills with the music I make, feed my family. However the most important thing to me is that I produce art that I can stand behind. That I can be proud of.

I’m happy for you to take a utilitarian approach to you music, but I need to think beyond that. I need to make critical decisions.

If you think Lexicon built a reputation on nothing more than expensive devices, you’re soft in the head.

Again, no where did I suggest or imply spending money makes you sound good - your ego invented that one and frankly it makes you look like a moron. Why? Because you spend your time on a forum discussing VSTs and pretending to know what sounds good - literally telling people what to buy to sound “professional”. You’ve got some chip on your shoulder there pal.

Christ, no wonder I don’t come here much, f**king idiots everywhere.

Btw, your “website” (soundcloud) link is dead. So I won’t be listening to your generic music.

You know how I can tell your shit is garbage? Soundcloud, that’s how. No respect for the craft.

Admins, can I block idiots on this forum?

edit: found it, it's called "Friends and Foes" :-D I did listen to that guys music - I was on mobile so the links in his bio were the only ones I could see. It redirects to broken Soundclown accounts.

As for the music? The usual preset driven, completely ITB, boring bullshit that anyone with no imagination or practice makes. Dreadful, and empty of any creativity or craft. Also the profile pictures make you look like the worst guy in the world.

You know, there's a reason that we can discuss things like reverb at length. That's because the rest of us are building a craft, a focus on becoming better, at understanding more. When you say you've been doing this years but clearly don't understand why someone would put time into picking something as important as a reverb, it shows that you have no real care in what you're doing.

"Hey, check my mixes! Listen to these 128kbps Xing MP3s on soundcloud. 63 other people have."
Last edited by Funkstar De Luxe2 on Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Funkstar De Luxe2 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 8:46 am Btw, your “website” (soundcloud) link is dead. So I won’t be listening to your generic music.

You know how I can tell your shit is garbage? Soundcloud, that’s how. No respect for the craft.

Admins, can I block idiots on this forum?
You seem like a real professional too. No chips on your shoulders! Totally content with the world and your abilities, not intimated by anyone else's remarks. I'm sure you'll go far. :wink:

btw, if you wanna know how to block idiots on forums just delete your account.

Good luck to you (and I mean that).

Weird, the one thing I wouldn't criticize kinh for is his music, he's clearly very talented. And slaggimg of all of Soundcloud is just bollocks really, trolling nonsense.

On topic, Valhalla is cheap and covers my reverb needs, I much prefer using it to stock Logic or Live.
I lost my heart in Taumatawhakatangihangakoauauotamateaturipukakapikimaungahoronukupokaiwhenuakitanatahu

OP, your attitude sux big time, but I'm curious in hearing some of your tunes. Where them at?

In my experience, professional musicians are very courteous and supportive when dealing with other musicians. This brand of snobbery screams "armchair coach with an ego".

Wow, what happened here in the meantime? Guys, chill!

revvy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:21 am Weird, the one thing I wouldn't criticize kinh for is his music, he's clearly very talented. And slaggimg of all of Soundcloud is just bollocks really, trolling nonsense.

On topic, Valhalla is cheap and covers my reverb needs, I much prefer using it to stock Logic or Live.

True and untrue; I don't see any links which could possibly lead to Kinh's music....

A well-behaved signature.

You can create IR responses from your farts, smooth and lush tails like Lex.

revvy wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:21 am Weird, the one thing I wouldn't criticize kinh for is his music, he's clearly very talented. And slaggimg of all of Soundcloud is just bollocks really, trolling nonsense.

TBH, I suspected that the OP might have been trolling from the start: it's a rather curious OP name, he states several times that he is SERIOUS about reverb (in the way that we other musicians here are not...) and that he is definitely not just doing this for a hobby...

Tbf why bother with all the multi-page slanging match and shooting down of other people's genuine suggestions - why not just purchase the (oldie but goldie) Lexicon PCM reverb if it's the one you like, and then thank others for their reverb ideas which simply weren't to your tastes?
Also, there's demos for all of these reverbs - as well as waaaaaay too many reverb threads on KVR and Gearslutz (and Youtube video reviews) for people to make their minds up by now without starting another flame thread?

As I put on page 8, and as others have put on this page, reverb is not only a matter of personal taste but also one of choosing the right type of reverb for the task demanded (there might be times when we reach for a splashy cheap sounding reverb on purpose as opposed to a lush expensive sounding one).

Also, as I put on page 8, there are many people on this thread who know what they're talking about musically, and can back this up with albums, professional sound design or session musician experiences.

It is something of a red flag for someone to assert (rather weirdly and unnecessarily) that they are SERIOUS and definitely not doing this as a hobby, yet to then spend several pages criticising other (serious) musicians' very reasonable suggestions which work for them.
After all, what has this SERIOUS, non-hobbyist OP done professionally so far?

I suggest that you have been trolled.
Time (and comments in other threads) will tell...

dark water wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 5:03 pm ...it's a rather curious OP name,...
Maybe he's a massive fan of the guy that made that huge remix of Bob Marley... Or maybe he's his son, hence the added 2...

Hmmm, you might be right.

It is rather curious though...

donkey tugger wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:02 pm
jens wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:49 pm NIce! How does it play? How's the built-quality? I've been lusting over a Couple of Revelation guitars for quite some time... (RTS-57 and RJT-60 - pure gearlust :oops:)

One nice advantage of A-A is that it's basically the same as the quasi-standard Uke tuning.

Oh, btw.: the Bass VI came with E - E - totally flabby - basically unuseable, so I didn't have much of chance regarding its tuning - which is also part of what got me asking for the built-quality of the Revelation one...
Really good all round, feels like something much more expensive. I've got an RJ60 12 string as well (which I had first). Only problem I've ever had was with the bass VI and the wiring, but I bought that second hand and it was not in the best condition having not been looked after (and hence cheap!).
Exactly what I hoped to hear and exactly what I feared to hear! :help: :lol:

That sounds good! If the missus ends up complaining about yet another guitar ("I thought you wanted to sell some, not purchase another one!?") I'll blame it on you. :hihi:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

So this seems to be going well. Did the guy buy the reverb he wanted from the getgo? Seems pretty cheap for a pro who is so serious about the reverbs and also hates everything that isn't his first suggestion. Just buy the damn lexicon already. It's not very expensive in the grand scheme of things.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Return to “Effects”