Lindell Audio 80 vs UAD Neve 1073 vs Arturia 73 pre

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Wondering if I really need the Lindell Audio 80 since I have UAD 1073.. but its on sale rn at plugin alliance lol

I'm not asking anyone to make the decision for me, but I'm interested in hearing different opinions.

How do you like the compressor and the gate in the UAD 1073?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

I don’t own the UAD, but the obvious difference is that the UAD 1073 is “just” the preamp and the EQ whereas the Lindell is a full channel strip with EQ (switchable between 1073 and 1084), compressor and gate, plus there is the additional “bus” plugin (which I’m not sure what is exactly does, probably just some saturation and that “TMT” thingy that they do...).
I like it. It is a nice tool to put on every track and do some general tone shaping. The second EQ is a welcome addition as it has selectable hi shelf, two Q settings for mid band and a low pass, so a bit more flexible. All in all they extended the original hardware with useful options (two saturation types, “nuke”, mix and sidechain option for the comp). It is light on CPU but has user selectable upsampling, if you want.
I got it for like 35€ which is insane value, imho.

fese wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 6:54 am I don’t own the UAD, but the obvious difference is that the UAD 1073 is “just” the preamp and the EQ whereas the Lindell is a full channel strip with EQ (switchable between 1073 and 1084), compressor and gate, plus there is the additional “bus” plugin (which I’m not sure what is exactly does, probably just some saturation and that “TMT” thingy that they do...).
I like it. It is a nice tool to put on every track and do some general tone shaping. The second EQ is a welcome addition as it has selectable hi shelf, two Q settings for mid band and a low pass, so a bit more flexible. All in all they extended the original hardware with useful options (two saturation types, “nuke”, mix and sidechain option for the comp). It is light on CPU but has user selectable upsampling, if you want.
I got it for like 35€ which is insane value, imho.
I guess the bus thing is like a preamp(?) for the character of the plugin without the eq.

My super personal opinion,if you have UAD,you don’t need extra options of Lindell.

My 2 cents

808lab wrote: Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:10 pm My super personal opinion,if you have UAD,you don’t need extra options of Lindell.
...unless you need more than a few instances!

In all seriousness, the Lindell 80 is much better than the Arturia and also the best of the Plugin Alliance channel strips. Can't compare to the UAD as I only have the MK 1.

I'm my personal opinion for single channels you do not need as you have UAD but for buses I've being using the Lindel 80 together with the UAD....that's EXCELLENT

Return to “Effects”