Ozone Pro - iZotope go subscription

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

nightjar wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:53 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:02 pm I tend to think of my software as of something like Clapton's guitar collection. Waiting for me in the basement, cared for, being part of my musical identity to some degree. Switch-on switch-off with subs does not suit me.
Ok...
you can own 8 guitars x $2500 = $20,000
Or...
You can own 3 guitars x $2500 = $7,500
And also have 300 more guitars behind a "glass case" that you can open for month for $25 when you feel the urge.

I understand how you feel for sure.. but the second option certainly has some attraction.
This is called "Museum", I suppose. I think of it more as of a toolbox I need every day. No glass here.

crickey13 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 2:54 pm
revvy wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:28 pm Looking at Barricade v4. Already ARM native too. Wow. Certainly looks like a consideration for a post-Ozone option should it come to that.
You're not the only person doing that. I will probably just go ahead and buy TB's comp, limiter, eq, enhancer and tape saturation in one fell swoop.
:tu:

TB's 4 series are very useful and practical tools..

Barricade,Compressor,Equalizer and Reel Bus get used on everything here and the Reverb gets a look in from time to time also...

They are well worth the price of entry :wink:
No auto tune...

ralfrobert wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:56 pm

When doing the math, I found out this all involves some work, but is quite cheap at the end: After upgrading to MPS 4, MPS 3 can be sold second-hand. This gives you around 180 bucks.
I doubt that you can sell the product from which you upgraded. (I would assume the person to whom you will sell might be save but you might actually be loosing the right to use an upgraded version. I would check that with iZotope support.)

AKJ wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 1:33 pm
ralfrobert wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:56 pm

When doing the math, I found out this all involves some work, but is quite cheap at the end: After upgrading to MPS 4, MPS 3 can be sold second-hand. This gives you around 180 bucks.
I doubt that you can sell the product from which you upgraded. (I would assume the person to whom you will sell might be save but you might actually be loosing the right to use an upgraded version. I would check that with iZotope support.)
I did so more than once. Everything was ok on both sides.

I do not doubt that you can do so. And I also do not expect iZotope to check if one is doing that. So did you ask iZotope or are you just concluding from a lack of action from the side of iZotope resp. successful activation? (I would be quite illogical if they allowed this since it is equal to registering an upgrade license without having the original license)
Last edited by AKJ on Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AKJ wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:47 pm I do not doubt that you can do so. And I also do not expect iZotope to check if one is doing that. So did you ask iZotope or are you just concluding from a lack of action from the side of iZotope resp. successful activation?
You have to go through their support anyway. And I also explicitly asked for a list of transferrable items.

... Edit: I deleted some nonsense I wrote. For the iZotope EULA and what actually worked, see my post below.
Last edited by ralfrobert on Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ok, so if they list it it seems to be ok, but quite strange. This is very unusual practice since (as I added above) this is more or less equal allow for a registering of an upgrade license without having the original license.

AKJ wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:55 pm Ok, so if they list it it seems to be ok, but quite strange. This is very unusual practice since (as I added above) this is more or less equal allow for a registering of an upgrade license without having the original license.
I think the just don't care. Some time ago, somone posted a (German) deal on this platform ...

https://www.mydealz.de/deals/izotope-ev ... le-1746537

... registering an upgrade without having the base product. I never tried that.

Edit: I do not want to encourage anybody to do so. Just presenting the facts.
Last edited by ralfrobert on Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes, sure, they do not seem to care and this forum post is a proof of it. However, being able to activate does not mean that the license is legal. They could any time refuse to activate or deactivate the product (untill you buy a full license).

lets double the efforts. don't just not sub, bombard their contact emails and social media with digital feces.

AKJ wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 4:04 pm Yes, sure, they do not seem to care and this forum post is a proof of it. However, being able to activate does not mean that the license is legal. They could any time refuse to activate or deactivate the product (untill you buy a full license).
I just took a look at the EULA, which states you cannot transfer previous versions after buying upgrades. Looks you are right. What I did was another thing, i.e. crossgrading (Tonal Balance Bundle and others). This resulted in licenses stacking up until I got to MPS (which is different from MPB). They let me sell off anything below MPS. Still something one should keep in mind, as this meens there might be unused capital lying around in the account. Here is the link to the transfer policy if anybody would like to look:

https://support.izotope.com/hc/en-us/ar ... fer-Policy

... which still leaves you well below 100 bucks for a discounted upgrade after selling off the whole bunch of reverbs, Melodyne, Groove3.

Sorry to everybody for the mix-up!

Found out after upgraded to MPS4...wasted my hard earned money...will not sub even if it's 1$
RIP Izotope

Ohlson_M wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:51 pm ...and one would be a fool for paying 200 bucks a month for such a collection of plugins, and not owning anything in the end. I can take that as a one-time charge, for permanent licenses. But imagine paying 2400 bucks every year and not owning anything. :dog:
I would love to hear the plugin developer that's forcing you to subscribe explain why one should subscribe instead of simply buying a rack of compressors, preamps and limiters. Thank God I've invested in some hardware and have a nice rack of outboard gear sitting somewhere. Some time ago, I thought software would outlast it and make it obsolete. :hihi:

At this point, there is zero reason not to buy some rackmounted hardware. The price may be steep, but when you compare it with long-term costs of subscribing to a plugin company, then there is really no comparison.

Subscriptions are kinda like this weird pledge of loyalty, I really don't understand the appeal outside of the big studio environment where it arguably makes sense.

axembler wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 6:48 pm Found out after upgraded to MPS4...wasted my hard earned money...will not sub even if it's 1$
RIP Izotope
well, in their defense, i don't think MPS4 is worthless just because all future versions are going to be subscription. it's not like Ozone 9 etc. suddenly stops working because they went subscription, there's lots of good stuff in MPS4 to keep you going for decades. so, money wasn't actually wasted, you got a set of great tools to work with.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

TL:DR. So has it been verified by izotope that they will no longer update perpetual licenses of any of their products? I’m mainly interested in RX Advanced.

Edit: nevermind. I contacted their chat and they verified that they’ll still do patches which is most of my concern.
Last edited by masterhiggins on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Effects”