Black Box Analog Design HG-2MS has landed

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rezoneight wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:21 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:15 pm
rezoneight wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:08 pm You folks arent being inventive. Add bx_tuner. Add BB. Apply $50 voucher. get 20% discount for multiple plugins. $35. (assuming you can get BB for $69)
:clap:

I was robbed :tantrum: (but I got Thorn for £30)
Thorn is awesome so I dont think you were robbed ;)
Should have put a smiley in there. :) I'm happy with the deal I got.

Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:36 pm Getting a $25 voucher wouldn't make financial sense in this case. Just take the $70 upgrade, add the $19 Tuner to get it over $75 then deduct the $50 voucher from that total, about $39. Your way it would be $45, and that's assuming the upgrade price doesn't go up next month.
I hear you. It's not so much the amount that bothers me... it's just annoying overall that you're penalized to a certain extent for buying too much.

sl1200mk2 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:25 pm
Mr Arkadin wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:36 pm Getting a $25 voucher wouldn't make financial sense in this case. Just take the $70 upgrade, add the $19 Tuner to get it over $75 then deduct the $50 voucher from that total, about $39. Your way it would be $45, and that's assuming the upgrade price doesn't go up next month.
I hear you. It's not so much the amount that bothers me... it's just annoying overall that you're penalized to a certain extent for buying too much.
I always end up paying $29.99 + VAT per plugin (or more), whichever vouchers I combine :shrug:

rezoneight wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:13 pm
pixel85 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:06 am Wow already discounted! :lol:

Interesting, no update option for owners of original BB.

If the update price would be reasonable and they would remove this TMT BS (which only add to price and it's useless), I would even consider it.
How is TMT useless? One of the actual Black Box guys explained it well on GS https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... ount=15980
It's useless to me. I don't need any randomization and other simulation of hardware which needs calibration in my mixing toolbox. Even more when something is randomizing and introducing differences between left and right channel - and I have to flip 64 presets x2 (1 per left and 1 per right channel) until I find something that by accident will sounds good? Hell no.
I tried it with their SSL channels and imo it's nothing more than useless gimmick.
But it's just my personal opinion.

pixel85 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:38 pm

If the update price would be reasonable and they would remove this TMT BS (which only add to price and it's useless), I would even consider it.
How is TMT useless? One of the actual Black Box guys explained it well on GS https://www.gearslutz.com/board/showpos ... ount=15980
It's useless to me. I don't need any randomization and other simulation of hardware which needs calibration in my mixing toolbox. Even more when something is randomizing and introducing differences between left and right channel - and I have to flip 64 presets x2 (1 per left and 1 per right channel) until I find something that by accident will sounds good? Hell no.
I tried it with their SSL channels and imo it's nothing more than useless gimmick.
Forums would be a much easier place if people would use simple statements over hyberbole. :roll:

"TMT BS (which only add to the price and it's useless)" is hyperbole. TMT isn't bullshit and does what it's designed to do. Whether it's useful to you or not is a whole different story.

"I don't need any randomization and other simulation of hardware which needs calibration in my mixing toolbox"

Nobody is forcing you to use it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And why would it need calibration?

"Even more when something is randomizing and introducing differences between left and right channel - and I have to flip 64 presets x2 (1 per left and 1 per right channel) until I find something that by accident will sounds good? Hell no. "

I find it hard to believe you'd have to go thru that much work to find something that "sounds good by accident". The point of the thing is subtle variation, not wild twists and turns. Turn stereo mode to "digital" and you're done.

And I guess the oddest thing here is why is this even a discussion? Why would you buy a plugin modeled on analog hardware if you don't actually want a simulation of analog hardware?

I'd suggest reading that link I provided and some of the following posts about TMT in HG-2 MS. Then read the fine manual where you can see nobody is forcing you to use that feature. And of course at the end of the day if you don't think it's worth it don't buy it.

Is this a whole new plugin, or are they simply charging an update fee for the M/S feature..if so, wildly out of touch with the market as a whole??
I

rezoneight wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:02 am
pixel85 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 11:38 pm

Forums would be a much easier place if people would use simple statements over hyberbole. :roll:

"TMT BS (which only add to the price and it's useless)" is hyperbole. TMT isn't bullshit and does what it's designed to do. Whether it's useful to you or not is a whole different story.

"I don't need any randomization and other simulation of hardware which needs calibration in my mixing toolbox"

Nobody is forcing you to use it. Nobody is forcing you to buy it. And why would it need calibration?

"Even more when something is randomizing and introducing differences between left and right channel - and I have to flip 64 presets x2 (1 per left and 1 per right channel) until I find something that by accident will sounds good? Hell no. "

I find it hard to believe you'd have to go thru that much work to find something that "sounds good by accident". The point of the thing is subtle variation, not wild twists and turns. Turn stereo mode to "digital" and you're done.

And I guess the oddest thing here is why is this even a discussion? Why would you buy a plugin modeled on analog hardware if you don't actually want a simulation of analog hardware?

I'd suggest reading that link I provided and some of the following posts about TMT in HG-2 MS. Then read the fine manual where you can see nobody is forcing you to use that feature. And of course at the end of the day if you don't think it's worth it don't buy it.
omg why are you making problem out of nothing? I simply stated my opinion.
Yes, nobody is forcing me to use it and I'll not use it. Period. It's you who is dragging it.
Yes. It's not a discussion. It's a statement of my opinion that you asked for. You're making discussion out of it and then asking if it's even a discussion? Good one.
It's not like I'm telling you to not use it or like it. Do whatever you like. If you like TMT and it's useful for you, go for it.

TIMT wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:05 am Is this a whole new plugin, or are they simply charging an update fee for the M/S feature..if so, wildly out of touch with the market as a whole??
I's a completely new and separate plugin.

Edit: I just realised this implies that it is all new code, which AFAIK it isn't. What I meant is that it won't simply update/replace the VST/AU etc. version in your plugin folder, it is a new product, albeit with mostly recycled code.
Last edited by PieBerger on Wed Mar 10, 2021 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Read the Manual!

I'm not sure what to say if you're unable to hear the channel variation on the SSL products. While it is subtle it is not that subtle. If you put on on every channel of a mix and hit the rando button the mix will sound different... and there is a point to it. Anyway.

I use the original all the time on my master buss (with Iron) and like it -- anyone checked this one out? I'm kind of on a no-buy 2021 kick.... but if it is really, really nice I might make an exception.

TIMT wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 5:05 am Is this a whole new plugin, or are they simply charging an update fee for the M/S feature..if so, wildly out of touch with the market as a whole??
The saturation part is the same. Code didn't change - I think it was developer who said that on PA group.
They added filters, M/S and entire bottom section.

sl1200mk2 wrote: Tue Mar 09, 2021 10:25 pm I hear you. It's not so much the amount that bothers me... it's just annoying overall that you're penalized to a certain extent for buying too much.
Oh yeah, I know about that. The times the $25 would have been better! I have suggested on the FB page that vouchers could be used in tiers, so if you have say a $75 voucher, you can use it as a $50 or a $25. A $50 voucher could be used as a $25. This would make them much more useful.

pixel85 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 6:51 am omg why are you making problem out of nothing? I simply stated my opinion.
Yes, nobody is forcing me to use it and I'll not use it. Period. It's you who is dragging it.
Yes. It's not a discussion. It's a statement of my opinion that you asked for. You're making discussion out of it and then asking if it's even a discussion? Good one.
It's not like I'm telling you to not use it or like it. Do whatever you like. If you like TMT and it's useful for you, go for it.
i always enjoy a new spin on "say something stupid, get called out on it, get offended and claim that you were 'just stating your opinion'". if you don't want people to respond to you, you shouldn't have posted in the first place.

fact is, TMT is switchable, you don't have to use it. therefore, all of your diatribe about "calibration" and "switching random presets" (wtf?) is irrelevant, and it's OK for others to point that out because you don't own the discussion.
Last edited by Burillo on Wed Mar 10, 2021 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

PA finally decrease my voucher from $50 to $25. Now I can consider to buy something :)

EDIT: post to delete

Regarding TMT, I think it would be great if it was adjustable 0-100%, so it could be useful. They now have tolerances that are like broken analog circuits.

Return to “Effects”