New modular FX by BOOM library: EnRage, looks pretty cool

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
KVRist
147 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 am

sorry if someone has already started discussing this one, but I tried searching and couldn't find it

https://www.boomlibrary.com/sound-effects/enrage/

it's a modular fx unit with multiband splitting and some really cool modules
what does everyone think of this one?

I'll be streaming it for a bit if you want to catch the stream
https://youtu.be/PDHPyTeePlc
Last edited by databroth on Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:20 am, edited 3 times in total.
I do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I also sell presets/lfos/ and wavetabls on gumroad https://gumroad.com/databroth

User avatar
KVRAF
29677 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:45 am

Looks cool ... shame its iLok'd.

KVRAF
3007 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:29 pm

Shame it's so expensive!

User avatar
KVRAF
29677 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:37 pm

simmo75 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:29 pm
Shame it's so expensive!
I couldn't find the price. Site keeps crashing. :shrug:

KVRAF
3007 posts since 25 Mar, 2016 from Seattle

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:46 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:37 pm
simmo75 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:29 pm
Shame it's so expensive!
I couldn't find the price. Site keeps crashing. :shrug:
$279 Intro price raising to $349...

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

147 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:02 pm

it's an awesome plugin, I wasn't even using it as an effect in that stream, but it has loads of effects potential

the UI is pretty solid, it's somewhere between melda and khs in it's style, I know that's a huge UI discrepancy, but there's just something that works with this layout

lots of cool stuff, I need to use it more, let me know if you've demoed it
I do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I also sell presets/lfos/ and wavetabls on gumroad https://gumroad.com/databroth

KVRAF
2765 posts since 3 Mar, 2006

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:06 pm

iLok is a no-go for me, especially given anything iLok'd is currently being blocked by PACE from being ported to ARM.

User avatar
KVRAF
29677 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:20 pm

simmo75 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:46 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:37 pm
simmo75 wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 12:29 pm
Shame it's so expensive!
I couldn't find the price. Site keeps crashing. :shrug:
$279 Intro price raising to $349...
:shock:

User avatar
KVRAF
15230 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:23 pm

databroth wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:25 am
would love to have some actual conversation over the actual engine and not just price/drm
If we can't get past the price and the copy protection scheme there's nothing to discuss.

I wouldn't pay that much and I doubt I'll ever buy anything else that requires an iLok account so there's no sense in me even trying the demo...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

147 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:54 pm

you could also just not respond, I agree ilok sucks, I'm not a fan
but I managed to use the demo just fine, so there obviously is something to discuss
I do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I also sell presets/lfos/ and wavetabls on gumroad https://gumroad.com/databroth

KVRian
1283 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:59 pm

databroth wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:54 pm
you could also just not respond, I agree ilok sucks, I'm not a fan
but I managed to use the demo just fine, so there obviously is something to discuss
I've had no problems with ilok machine, the occasional problem with ilok cloud and would not get a dongle anyway. If a product is only ilok and I think I can use it then fine. The only downside that ever impacts me is the license transfer cost. Which is still better than the people who dont allow transfers at all

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

147 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:06 pm

fairlyclose wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:59 pm
databroth wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:54 pm
you could also just not respond, I agree ilok sucks, I'm not a fan
but I managed to use the demo just fine, so there obviously is something to discuss
I've had no problems with ilok machine, the occasional problem with ilok cloud and would not get a dongle anyway. If a product is only ilok and I think I can use it then fine. The only downside that ever impacts me is the license transfer cost. Which is still better than the people who dont allow transfers at all
yeah, I was just really stoked on this plugin and was having a lot of fun with it, and wanted to share that fun with everyone

it's ok, I get it, not everything is for everyone, but really, if you can afford it, and ilok isn't a dealbreaker for you, DO check this one out, it's pretty cool
I do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I also sell presets/lfos/ and wavetabls on gumroad https://gumroad.com/databroth

KVRian
1283 posts since 4 Jul, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:15 pm

databroth wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:06 pm
fairlyclose wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:59 pm
databroth wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:54 pm
you could also just not respond, I agree ilok sucks, I'm not a fan
but I managed to use the demo just fine, so there obviously is something to discuss
I've had no problems with ilok machine, the occasional problem with ilok cloud and would not get a dongle anyway. If a product is only ilok and I think I can use it then fine. The only downside that ever impacts me is the license transfer cost. Which is still better than the people who dont allow transfers at all
yeah, I was just really stoked on this plugin and was having a lot of fun with it, and wanted to share that fun with everyone

it's ok, I get it, not everything is for everyone, but really, if you can afford it, and ilok isn't a dealbreaker for you, DO check this one out, it's pretty cool
It does look good - I'm covered enough with the bluecat stuff for multiband fx work (eg MB7) but if you dont have something like this already then worth a look. Does it host VST's? Something that is great about bluecat is they have their own fx plus you can host external vsts

User avatar
KVRist
270 posts since 17 Sep, 2020

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:19 pm

Boom's stuff is always pretty good. But their prices are more aimed at the post-production and film crowd.

It's a great plugin that does a lot more the just the usual fx. Is it worth the asking price...? Hm..

User avatar
KVRist

Topic Starter

147 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:33 pm

it doesn't host vsts

yeah boom's catalogue seems to be aimed at "professionals" their sound libraries aren't cheap

but they are worth it, I got the Metal library on sale, and holy damn is that thing awesome, great sounds, do not regret that purchase
I will say, that if I didn't already have alternatives, I'd 100% buy this at the discounted price

I still might, I was really happy with some of the sounds I was getting, and it's not just an effect, it's a synth as well
I do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I also sell presets/lfos/ and wavetabls on gumroad https://gumroad.com/databroth

Return to “Effects”