New modular FX by BOOM library: EnRage, looks pretty cool

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
15211 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:40 pm

databroth wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 2:54 pm
you could also just not respond, I agree ilok sucks, I'm not a fan
but I managed to use the demo just fine, so there obviously is something to discuss
And you could have just not started the thread. You spoke, I spoke.

I could "use the demo just fine" since I already have an iLok account but I'm not crazy enough to pay that much for a multi fx plugin so it would be pointless for me to try the demo. :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRist

Topic Starter

147 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:06 pm

ok, well glad you got that off your chest

take care
I do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I also sell presets/lfos/ and wavetabls on gumroad https://gumroad.com/databroth

KVRAF
15211 posts since 16 Sep, 2001 from Las Vegas,USA

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:26 pm

With that I'll leave you with this....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W780LSQHbYY
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

KVRist
269 posts since 17 Mar, 2010

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 4:36 pm

For anyone actually interested in the plugin versus copy protection, interesting video show-casing what it can do. Lot's of flexibility. Perhaps beyond many folks budget. But still, lot's of creative options using it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PDHPyTeePlc&t=7146s

KVRAF
1619 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm

sounds really good. quite comprehensive. spendy.

the ilok machine id auth isn't a problem.. looks like they only offer the 1 auth/location though which is a bummer if you work on 2 systems like me (desktop/laptop). still.. might have to try to demo.

thanks for posting this. . i hadn't heard of Boom.

KVRist
106 posts since 5 Dec, 2009

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:00 pm

This looks great and sounds great. I also had not even heard of BOOM until your video showed up in my youtube.

KVRist

Topic Starter

147 posts since 3 Dec, 2019

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:28 pm

awesome, yeah I never knew BOOM did plugins, I've used some of their samples for a little while now
so this thing took me by surprise, I was very impressed with what they accomplished. I hope they make more plugs
I do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

I also sell presets/lfos/ and wavetabls on gumroad https://gumroad.com/databroth

KVRian
881 posts since 8 Mar, 2009

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 pm

dayjob wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm

the ilok machine id auth isn't a problem.. looks like they only offer the 1 auth/location though which is a bummer if you work on 2 systems like me (desktop/laptop). still.. might have to try to demo.

I had a play with it yesterday and it does sound really good, amazing quality even, but one machine authorisation at that price? is seriously taking the mickey

Who honestly works on one machine all the time when you actually work in this industry. Given Boom Libraries market as well, that is a bizarre decision
I

KVRAF
3262 posts since 20 Feb, 2004

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:16 pm

Thanks for posting this, sounds interesting. Will give it a try here.
A well-behaved signature.

KVRAF
1619 posts since 6 Nov, 2006

Post Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:18 pm

TIMT wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 7:58 pm
dayjob wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 5:30 pm

I had a play with it yesterday and it does sound really good, amazing quality even, but one machine authorisation at that price? is seriously taking the mickey

Who honestly works on one machine all the time when you actually work in this industry. Given Boom Libraries market as well, that is a bizarre decision
years ago i had brief email exchanges w/a few developers about the 1 auth per machine rule they had at the time which was common then... i rage quit all my iLok plug ins back then and sold them all only to buy a few of them back years later after they changed the policy and after iLok came out w/the machine auth/licenser software.

there's still a few developers who only allow for 1 auth. inaGRM for example. but most, as we know, offer 2 or even 3 auths per license.

and i agree.. 1 machine auth at that price is unreasonable. doing the ilok authorization dance between computers is annoying as hell.

it's a nice processor and looks well laid out. i'm hesitant to try the demo because i know i'll dig it.

KVRist
31 posts since 8 Jul, 2010

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:51 am

Hi guys,

thanks a lot for the kind words. All BOOM Library plug-ins, including EnRage, can be authorized on up to two machines.

If there are any further questions, feel free to contact us any time via service@boomlibrary.com. We're happy to help.

Best regards,
BOOM Library
www.boomlibrary.com - HD Sound Effects

KVRist
270 posts since 17 Sep, 2020

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:19 am

databroth wrote:
Fri Apr 02, 2021 3:33 pm
it doesn't host vsts

yeah boom's catalogue seems to be aimed at "professionals" their sound libraries aren't cheap

but they are worth it, I got the Metal library on sale, and holy damn is that thing awesome, great sounds, do not regret that purchase
I will say, that if I didn't already have alternatives, I'd 100% buy this at the discounted price

I still might, I was really happy with some of the sounds I was getting, and it's not just an effect, it's a synth as well
Their sound libraries are excellent! However, unless it's job specific (or stuff I can't source) I always use my own stuff. But I think they are at the top.

I really like their plugins. I have EnRage, Reformer and ReCenter and EnForcer. I don't have De-Bird but yet (but I'd like it!) I have RX advanced so I'm happy enough with that for the moment.

Reformer is an awesome piece of kit and a real time saver. Has the odd crash unfortunately. :( EnRage is more then the usual fx so I'm pretty happy with it. But as we said it 'aint cheap.
Last edited by Effectsworks on Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

KVRist
270 posts since 17 Sep, 2020

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:19 am

dp

KVRAF
2765 posts since 3 Mar, 2006

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 7:49 am

My biggest issue with paying for these massive multifx setups is that I’d much rather do all the band splitting, layering, and routing inside my DAW so that the effects in question can be a mixture of DAW native devices and various plug-in manufacturers. At least in the case of bitwig I have all sorts of fx containers including inside the feedback loops in delays/reverbs and a robust modulation system that can target any native device parameter or host automation exposed plug-in parameter already - without any of that modularity restricted to only one manufacturer’s DSP.

IMO these routing issues are much better solved on the host end and I’d rather just buy individual fx (or a bundle like uhbik or the kilo hearts stuff as long as I still can load individual fx)

KVRist
415 posts since 21 May, 2016

Post Sat Apr 03, 2021 8:07 am

I've never had a problem with ilok. In fact, in light of building and upgrading PC's multiple times in recent years, ilok machine ID has saved me a lot of hassle. This plugin looks pretty cool. I like the grid and how easy and logical it is to designate parallel lanes, or have one effect affecting multiple parallel chains. I like the concept a lot. I think they're asking too much for what it is though. A sale price of $280 is crazy when you consider what they're in competition with. In a big Kilohearts sale i got their whole bundle for $300. Unfiltered Triad and Lion can be bought for about $60-80 total when PA has sales. Hell, isn't Falcon $350?

Return to “Effects”