New modular FX by BOOM library: EnRage, looks pretty cool

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Same here, yeah. For those who doesn't have any other multiband/multifx plugin or doesn't have enough knowledge how to make multiband effect racks it can be first and the only needed plugin for the next years. Quality thing, for sure, but these prices... :o
TIMT wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 9:07 am This thing sounds really good, but i just cannot justify that price to myself... :shrug:

databroth wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 5:21 pm
Ploki wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 4:13 pm So why is this better than MXXX or even KHs multipass?
At first i was “wow” then i was “hey its like more limited melda”
none of them are better than each other, I've explained some unique things about enrage a few times in this thread

what makes enrage unique? well compared to MXXX it's a hellofa lot cheaper and the UI is better

compared to multipass, you get more modulation, enrage has up to 12 modulation sources
including custom lfos and remaps
also there's some unique fx, enrage has grain delay and spectral warp, which are both unavailable in multipass
Did you buy this, demo it or did they give you a license?
I’d love to know if you’d buy it for the $279, your video is awesome and really sells the effect.

I demoed it, I'm talking with them about a license in exchange for presets
I would consider purchasing it though, it would actually be really hard for me to pass on
it has just the right combination of things I want/ aren't available in other modular multi fx

like the custom spectral warp, custom waveshaper, custom lfo shapes, and convolution reverb, those are all things that just don't exist in other modular fx right now
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

wow, this is really great it seems, especially for sound design etc. but man, the price even with discount is heavy, i think i would spend max. 200 bucks.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Mac Studio
Cubase 13, Ableton Live 12

woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:42 pm https://youtu.be/F3sF-maBWiY
The music on this demo is absolute trash and makes it very uneasy viewing. Shame.

simmo75 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 7:30 pm
woodsdenis wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 5:42 pm https://youtu.be/F3sF-maBWiY
The music on this demo is absolute trash and makes it very uneasy viewing. Shame.
keep it to yourself,
or make your own demo
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

databroth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:13 am I demoed it, I'm talking with them about a license in exchange for presets
I would consider purchasing it though, it would actually be really hard for me to pass on
it has just the right combination of things I want/ aren't available in other modular multi fx

like the custom spectral warp, custom waveshaper, custom lfo shapes, and convolution reverb, those are all things that just don't exist in other modular fx right now
not really true, i am afraid. but enrage it's workflow, or implementation can be convincing, i guess. so not a negative remark. only... not quite true...

always like modular plugins/fx plugins. i didn't tried the demo. so. mainly because, and that is very personal, i already have alternatives, that i like.

so, perhaps this looks like a typical KVR remark, but i cán see the attraction, the possibilties of this FX plugin. seems to be great FX plugin, the price, yes, but if you count what it can...

EDIT: i see now that kind of spectral warp, transformation. (promo vid's; the sounds i most of times i don't like... but i can hear through them.)

WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:44 pm
databroth wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:13 am I demoed it, I'm talking with them about a license in exchange for presets

not really true, i am afraid. but enrage it's workflow, or implementation can be convincing, i guess. so not a negative remark. only... not quite true...

always like modular plugins/fx plugins. i didn't tried the demo. so. mainly because, and that is very personal, i already have alternatives, that i like.

so, perhaps this looks like a typical KVR remark, but i cán see the attraction, the possibilties of this FX plugin. seems to be great FX plugin, the price, yes, but if you count what it can...

EDIT: i see now that kind of spectral warp, transformation. (promo vid's; the sounds i most of times i don't like... but i can hear through them.)
what exactly about what I said is "not really true"?
the only other multifx plugin that has those fx I listed is MXXX, and it's over $1k

databroth wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 7:32 pm
WasteLand wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 6:44 pm

what exactly about what I said is "not really true"?
the only other multifx plugin that has those fx I listed is MXXX, and it's over $1k
i have it. even the MCompleteBundle, never paid $1K for it...
so another path. MXXX is by the way in sale €500, i think, yes pretty expensive.

you claimed that it was the FX plugin that could do it, not true. in an early post, you mentioned indeed MXXX.

and there als MXXXCore, by the way. and you can buy via discounts... into Melda... and extend MXXXCore.. also Voltage Modular can act like a modular FX plugin, or like, ís also a modular FX plugin.. spectral warping is coming... but not in the BOOM way...

but as i said it is personal. BOOM seems like a great alternative, for other people. or even better.

i tend to search for more experimental stuff.. so i am very biased.. and spoiled...

so back to BOOM! as i already said, a great package. it could be an effect, that, although the price is 'high', you get in return so much possibilities, that other effects aren't interesting anymore.

i own also an arsenal of other effects, if you count, even with sales, second hand... free gifts.. still adds up...

so nice addition to modular FX plugins.

i wish there was a standard for modular... like VST. o well, you can add VST's, in modulars, so...
still not right.. o well... i don't mind, really, jumping from program to program, recording it, resample, reuse, etc. me like.
so perhaps no standard for modular... it is still a niche, modular FX plugins, i think. or modulars.

perhaps kilohearts is less a niche???

I just bought Enrage, I don’t like the price but I really love the tool.

I have to give them credit because once you learn how to use it properly, the creative possibilities are endless. I must have spent eight hours straight processing drums, synths and basslines and I am very impressed with EnRage's sound quality and flexibility. It's like a combination of Output's Portal and Unfiltered Audio's Byome or Triad. I didn't even know that Boom Library made plugins until recently. I hope they keep developing it because it has a lot of potential. Two thumbs up!!

Duplicate

Ok demo ed it and it surely is heavy and great so far but i hope they add some more modules but i wont buy it for this price and especially not as it is not resizable which is not acceptable. Even on my monitor it is small.
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Really nice update, the granular is sweet.

Return to “Effects”