New modular FX by BOOM library: EnRage, looks pretty cool

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I just received the email about the 1.1.0 update and I haven't had any problems with it on macOS with Live 11 and Logic Pro X. The new granular algorithm in the pitch-shift device is really cool and it appears that EnRage is using less CPU. Is anyone else noticing that? Now I would really appreciate it if they would work on GUI resizing. The interface looks really small on an iMac. I can only imagine my bad eyesight on a laptop... yikes!! I think it's only fair given the steep price of admission. Otherwise, I'm really digging it's layout and sound quality.

Databroth is bringing it with the latest video of Boom Library's EnRage!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjXzliYe9is

EnRage has been updated to version 1.3. Here's the Changelog from their website:

"Version 1.3.0 (November 2021)

[NEW DEVICE]
Tap Receive, offering the possibility to re-route any audio from ENRAGE back into the rack in another spot in conjunction with Tap Send. You can now expand the effect chain within ENRAGE or even build custom feedback loops. This alone is a game changer within ENRAGE. Don’t get lost!

[NEW FEATURE]
All Band Splitters (2, 3, 4 and 6 band) are now a lot faster and all crossovers can be modulated!

[NEW FEATURE]
The Multimode Filter got some treatment and now features additional Vintage Bandpass 12/24dB, all new Allpass 12/24dB, and Notch 12/24dB filters.

[NEW FEATURE]
Major overhaul of the Multitap Delay with two additional stereo spread algorithms, and an impulse response visualizer. Highly recommended to give it a try!

[NEW FEATURE]
Vocoder device is on a completely new level, with adjustable Detail resolution, Attack/Release and an extremely improved sonic behavior in general. Of course the legacy mode “direct” is still available if needed and to make sure old projects still sound the same.

Various quality of life improvements, small changes and bug fixes."

I'm going to try it out later tonight and by the looks of things, the new device and overhaul of the Multitap Delay should add some interesting spice into the mix. This is easily in my top 3 of multi-effects and I'm only limited by my imagination.

The company has been very responsive to my emails and has released regular updates. It was an expensive purchase for me but it has been totally worth it because it's been used in almost everything I record. That being said, it's at the lowest price I've seen before, so now would be a good time to pick it up if you were waiting for a good sale.

Return to “Effects”