EOS (1) needed - No support at Audiodamage

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRAF
1892 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Mon May 03, 2021 9:00 am

@Simon-Claudius
Hi Simon, thanks for reaction, i did pm'd.

KVRer

Topic Starter

10 posts since 14 Jun, 2016

Post Mon May 03, 2021 10:06 am

Thank you for the clarification and apology. Mistakes can happen.
I replied by e-mail.

KVRAF
20890 posts since 12 Jul, 2003 from West Caprazumia

Post Mon May 03, 2021 10:29 am

That's a very classy response, Simon-Claudius. :tu:

I hope your health issues are gone by now - otherwise: get well soon!

KVRAF
29976 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Mon May 03, 2021 10:55 am

I've been waiting about 10 years for AD to sort out the mess they made over access to the plugins I paid for before they moved sites. I had one response from CR promising to sort out the issues I encountered as soon as he got home from holiday. He didn't, and still hasn't done a thing. I now notice that all access to the old site has been removed.

"We had a major catastrophe with our previous site, which forced the creation of this one. The two are incompatible, as far as the customer database is concerned, and accounts on the old site are not on this one. We are in the process of creating a legacy locker for previous accounts. Until then, contact us should you need to access purchases you made on the old site."

They have been saying that they were in the process of "creating a locker for previous accounts" for more years than I can remember, but of course they have done nothing. I have emailed Simon-Claudius at support. He hasn't replied.

KVRist
462 posts since 23 Jan, 2008

Post Mon May 03, 2021 12:32 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:55 am
I've been waiting about 10 years for AD to sort out the mess they made over access to the plugins I paid for before they moved sites. I had one response from CR promising to sort out the issues I encountered as soon as he got home from holiday. He didn't, and still hasn't done a thing. I now notice that all access to the old site has been removed.
I just checked, I also lost access to old purchases. But there were also new upgrades - Ratshack Reverb 3.

KVRAF
4400 posts since 21 Sep, 2005

Post Mon May 03, 2021 5:20 pm

I emailed AD support a few months ago. Not heard back. Few weeks later, got told they would get back to me in a week. Months later - not happened.

I have bought nearly every single plugin that AD have ever made.

The old stuff was on a site that is now just an IP address. I forget it now. I have it stored. But it's not the point. It wasn't working a few weeks back. This is where all the old accounts are stored. I get it that they are providing 'free' storage for plugins, but still.

Certain plugins aren't for sale anymore. But if you have an old plugin like Panstation that would be on the old site, there is no upgrade path on the new site, even though they say you are entitled to a free upgrade. This is great btw, I don't think that AD are money-grubbers as such, but they need to sort their shit out.

Can't download old version of Panstation (okay, I have ALL my AD plugins on my personal space), but can't upgrade either.

There are other plugins as well.

I haven't checked the old site. I guess it's not working. Maybe I'll do that tomorrow.

I just don't get it. They seem to be knocking out new upgrades that they don't even charge (or charge very little) for. But at the same time they can not maintain even the most basic of tech support.

It's not about you maintaining a cloud space and storage facility for me to be able to retrieve my 'data' from - it's about you providing the functionality for me to upgrade or renew old licenses. Massive fail.

And a lot of crying about it all as well over on GS. Understandably.

I really hope they can sort this out soon because this has been going on years now. I'm up for buying new plugins from them. I'm up for upgrading the old plugins I have (upgraded all of them in fact).

Adam, Chris, sort it out please? :hug:

If you'd made the Panstation upgrade a tenner and able to buy I would have just bought it. But making it a free upgrade that can not be bought either way is just a form of insanity.

Come on fellas. Please?

KVRAF

Post Mon May 03, 2021 5:24 pm

future-bit wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:32 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 10:55 am
I just checked, I also lost access to old purchases. But there were also new upgrades - Ratshack Reverb 3.

Thanks for reminding me.

I've been hopping about between computers and systems, but that one caught me out as well. Every single time there is a paid upgrade I have bought it.

I really can't keep up with it all.

As it stands, there isn't even any way you can see what stuff you bought or what you upgraded unless you kept a detailed personal record yourself.

Something has gone very wrong in AD land and I hope they put it right.

KVRian
895 posts since 1 Apr, 2005

Post Tue May 04, 2021 1:46 am

codec_spurt wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 5:20 pm
I'm up for buying new plugins from them.
Really, after all that non-service you had experienced after apparently several years?

KVRAF
2523 posts since 31 Dec, 2004 from People's Republic of Minnesota

Post Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 am

LiteOn wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 1:46 am
codec_spurt wrote:
Really, after all that non-service you had experienced after apparently several years?

KVRAF
29976 posts since 27 Jul, 2005 from the wilds of wanny

Post Tue May 04, 2021 6:44 am

codec_spurt wrote:
If you'd made the Panstation upgrade a tenner and able to buy I would have just bought it. But making it a free upgrade that can not be bought either way is just a form of insanity.
@codec_spurt ... if you add Panstation to your cart and then check out your price should be $0. I tried it yesterday and it worked. If not, use the coupon code displayed on the checkout page to reduce the upgrade price to $0.

After contacting AD support (Simon-Claudius) last night I received an apology, a dropbox link to download all my licenses and installers from the old site, and the offer of a free plugin. :)
Last edited by thecontrolcentre on Wed May 05, 2021 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF

Post Tue May 04, 2021 5:46 pm

LiteOn wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
Do I need to qualify that with: "If they sorted their shit out"?.

masterhiggins wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 3:33 am
LiteOn wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:
Go find some other nazi to punch!

:party:

KVRAF

Post Tue May 04, 2021 5:49 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:44 am
codec_spurt wrote:
@codec_spurt ... if you add Panstation to your cart and then check out your price should be $0. I tried it yesterday and it worked. If not, use the coupon code [REDACTED] on the checkout page to reduce the upgrade price to $0.

After contacting AD support (Simon-Claudius) last night I received an apology, a dropbox link to download all my licenses and installers from the old site, and the offer of a free plugin. :)

I'll try that out. Nice one!

Thanks.
Last edited by codec_spurt on Wed May 05, 2021 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KVRAF
8476 posts since 16 Aug, 2006

Post Tue May 04, 2021 7:20 pm

thecontrolcentre wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 6:44 am
codec_spurt wrote:
@codec_spurt ... if you add Panstation to your cart and then check out your price should be $0. I tried it yesterday and it worked. If not, use the coupon code [redacted] on the checkout page to reduce the upgrade price to $0.

Thank you! I had emailed them months ago about upgrade Panstation and had never heard back. Finally got it back.

KVRAF

Post Mon May 17, 2021 3:31 pm

Well, still no update to Panstation for me. I'm a f**king moron and in good faith deleted the [REDACTED] upgrade coupon without saving it.

I tried to upgrade from my current AD account, but it's not working.

I PM'd Simon-Claudius - but he's not even read my message.

I just emailed support again for the third time.

5 months this has been going on.

I'll let you know how I get on.

KVRist
462 posts since 23 Jan, 2008

Post Mon May 17, 2021 9:36 pm

codec_spurt wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 3:31 pm
I just emailed support again for the third time.
On May 7th I sent an email and still have not received a response. Now I sent the email again. I thought the support is working now.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Effects”