RIFT Filter Lite - FREE Plugin by Minimal Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Thanks for the freebie :D

Ive registered and installed my copy. So far im really liking it!

Im a big fan of pre distortion filtering to create unique sounds and fx. Rift does that job very well!

Excited to see the full version.. im guessing modulation lfos and envelopes, maybe built in distortion. If it includes asymmetrical distortion post filter i can see it being very handy for EDM genres :love:

+ it was free, thx!
+ I like the resonance
+ lots of filter types

- only digital "boring" filters which sound to clean, I am a fan of virtual analog filters or filters which "do their own thing" like in AIRs Hybrid 3

I don't mind about online activation as long as the vendor maintains the server to activate/manage licenses

Hi! I really like filter plugins in general, and this one seams like a really neat implementation of a few filter types I've been hoping for. However, I've noticed a few (very tiny) bugs with the Mac build, one of them I can recreate 100% and the other happened the very first time I used it and never again. Everything has to do with Resizing the window itself, and this is MacOS Catalina running Logic (so, the AU).

Whenever I go to resize the plugin, the mouse changes to the resize arrows when it reaches the actual corner of the window, meaning the little banner underneath the plugin that says its name, however, clicking and dragging here does not resize the plugin window at all. To drag and resize, you must instead click and drag the "inside" corner of the actual plugin GUI. When resizing the plugin quickly, a red background will stutter and appear to the right and the top, and they disappear once i am no longer dragging the window. This is likely due to some weird resizing errors as a result of the resolution, retina display, the framerate, or something like that.
The one that I can't recreate is that after resizing the plugin, the filter curve visual got stuck and did not switch to match the new types of filters I was selecting.

Perhaps this could be avoided by somehow implementing Logic's size percentage dropdown? Actually, I'm not sure if that's available outside of Logic's native plugins, and a quick check shows nothing in my plugin catalog that supports dragging to resize or the native logic resizing dropdown menu. the Melda plugins I have implement a settings menu with sizing options, so perhaps that would be a cleaner way to go about it? Just my thoughts.

Anyway, besides these irrelevant bugs, I like the filter, and I'll probably be using it in the future. Thanks for the freebie! Looking forward to the full thing soon.

Just want to say thanks for improving the installer, being able to specify paths and deselect plugin types made updating so much easier!

This benefits so much from modulation. I'm really liking Flutter in particular, as morph and cutoff create a pleasant variation, and a touch of spread stereofies it in an organic way.

Thanks for RIFT @Minimal Audio. Looking forward to the "full" version :hyper:

Full version is out today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfJvLvO ... nimalAudio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ThZrJIB ... nimalAudio

Loving the freebie, thank you, and looking forward to trying out the full version soon.

Got this when it was free but haven't downloaded it yet so might have to give it a go :)

Return to “Effects”