New software effects you are looking forward to be released by ARTURIA ?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
User avatar
KVRist
149 posts since 7 Feb, 2017

Post Wed May 19, 2021 1:25 am

I'd be surprised if it isn't EQs next, I'm guessing 2 classic emulations and something similar to Pro-Q 3.

KVRian
1055 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:17 am


KVRian
1055 posts since 26 Apr, 2019 from Netherlands

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:51 am


User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
10094 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:05 am

The new FX Collection 2 (with the three new effects) is already available in the user accounts, as an upgrade option.

Bus FORCE is the new "star" of the package, IMO.
Fernando (FMR)

KVRian
589 posts since 13 May, 2015

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:11 am

I am seeing €49 upgrade from FX collection 1 in my account. Not bad for 3 plug-ins. Not that I need them!

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
10094 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:42 am

SHall1000 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:11 am
I am seeing €49 upgrade from FX collection 1 in my account. Not bad for 3 plug-ins. Not that I need them!
Take a shot at Bus FORCE. You'll probably change your mind :hihi: And the rest would come like... the icing on the cake?
Fernando (FMR)

User avatar
KVRian
658 posts since 25 Sep, 2014

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:25 am

Greetings I am General Dumbledog, Commander of the US Bus FORCE. Our squadrons of Busmen are here to protect *you*.

KVRian
636 posts since 13 May, 2017 from Virginia

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:34 am

Arturia is pretty good at compressors - don't know how accurate they are to original units, but I like their character. The bus force is going to be fun to use. The sitral and diode are pretty nice too.

KVRist
70 posts since 15 Dec, 2019

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 8:53 pm

69€ for 6 new plugins and one major upgrade (Tape-201) was a nice surprise and had to get this.

KVRist
178 posts since 9 Jun, 2018

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 9:13 pm

Bus Force is an interesting plugin. Love the idea of it, and really like the way it sounds. However, it's a CPU killer. 6-14% depending on settings on a current gen AMD Ryzen 5800X. That's a big oof! Kind of weird that if you turn off all the sections it still takes up 6%. As comparison DIODE-609 and VCA-65 are 1% CPU or less.

User avatar
KVRAF
9382 posts since 4 Jan, 2017 from Warsaw, Poland

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:40 pm

SHall1000 wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:11 am
I am seeing €49 upgrade from FX collection 1 in my account. Not bad for 3 plug-ins. Not that I need them!
I'm seeing EUR99 upgrade from 3 free plugins I got over the years (minifilter, plate reverb, juno chorus), so I guess I'm getting it finally :D
Music tech enthusiast.
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder.
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

KVRist
82 posts since 6 May, 2017

Post Tue Jun 08, 2021 10:45 pm

Strange. I have the same 3 freebies plus pigments and I'm seeing eur149

KVRist
460 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:45 am

functionform wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:34 am
Arturia is pretty good at compressors - don't know how accurate they are to original units, but I like their character. The bus force is going to be fun to use. The sitral and diode are pretty nice too.
I think the dbx is terrible and the sta level is okay but boring.

The 1176 however is AWESOME, and it's the one I cared the least about when demoing the original compressor bundle, because I already had like 7 other 1176 emus.

KVRer
17 posts since 15 Aug, 2020

Post Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:14 am

I would have liked to see tape emulation. I have v collection 5 and pigments and no effects, and despite spending up for the month on K13u I crumpled at $99.

User avatar
fmr
KVRAF
10094 posts since 16 Mar, 2003 from Porto - Portugal

Post Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:06 am

briefcasemanx wrote:
Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:45 am
functionform wrote:
Tue Jun 08, 2021 11:34 am
Arturia is pretty good at compressors - don't know how accurate they are to original units, but I like their character. The bus force is going to be fun to use. The sitral and diode are pretty nice too.
I think the dbx is terrible and the sta level is okay but boring.

The 1176 however is AWESOME, and it's the one I cared the least about when demoing the original compressor bundle, because I already had like 7 other 1176 emus.
I guess there will not be two opinions alike in what concerns compressors (and EQs, for that matter, but especially compressors) :hihi:

Anyway, for the current upgrade prices, this is a no brainer, IMO.
Last edited by fmr on Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fernando (FMR)

Return to “Effects”