New T-RackS Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Comprexxor

As a T-Racks MAX owner, I'm tempted to roll my eyes at this. They haven't implemented fairly basic feature requests in the rest of the T-Racks series for years but now they want me to hop in and pay them for their great work (and it is great work) emulating something else. Sounds great, but no, please.

IK is so close to being a stellar option in most of their products, but they never add any features that aren't paid for, and even then it seems they add more models and more emulations. Never anything remotely related to usability or capabilities in DAWs newer than 2010. And if there isn't a paid update, the product will remain the same for half a decade. They also removed all user beta testing and feedback, choosing to focus instead on getting their programs not to crash with the early adopters. Past that, it's on to the next product.
Last edited by oneway on Wed May 12, 2021 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just want to see a dbx 160 model and an API compressor to go with the EQs.
THIS MUSIC HAS BEEN MIXED TO BE PLAYED LOUD SO TURN IT UP

Open a Ticket......
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

jamcat wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:40 pm
simmo75 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:14 pm This is awful compared to ELI Arouser, Mike-E sounds closer to a Distressor than this.
Shame really, window missed.
Please post some 1:1 comparisons of Comprexxor, Arouser, and Mike-E against a Distressor.
I don’t have the time mate, I have a job and family here. I’m sure you can manage to demo them and make your own mind up?

simmo75 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:30 pm
simmo75 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 8:14 pm This is awful compared to ELI Arouser, Mike-E sounds closer to a Distressor than this.
Please post some 1:1 comparisons of Comprexxor, Arouser, and Mike-E against a Distressor.
I don’t have the time mate, I have a job and family here. I’m sure you can manage to demo them and make your own mind up?
I don't have a Distressor, so I can't compare them to the hardware unit. I would like to hear what you heard when you did, though.

jamcat wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:41 pm
simmo75 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:30 pm
I don't have a Distressor, so I can't compare them to the hardware unit. I would like to hear what you heard when you did, though.
So you want my ears...
Honestly, you must have more time than me... I have zero interest in doing any product demonstrating for you!

Are you being cute?
I want to hear the comparisons of the plugins to your hardware Distressor.

You obviously had time to compare the plugins to a Distressor in the last few hours and you had the time to share your conclusions with the forum. But I would like to see your work so I can judge for myself because I don't have a Distressor to compare them to and draw such conclusions.

jamcat wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:53 pm Are you being cute?

You obviously had time to compare the plugins to a Distressor in the last few hours and you had the time to share your conclusions with the forum. But I would like to see your work so I can judge for myself because I don't have a Distressor to compare them to and draw such conclusions.
I am cute 😊

PM me if you want to carry this on.

Edit: you’re under the impression I have a hardware Distressor, I need to correct you there, I have four.

Also, other people can have different opinions to you, you obviously really love this IK version and that’s fine, enjoy it! But don’t go throwing your toys out the pram because someone else thinks it’s pretty bland compared to the real thing and it’s other software competition.

simmo75 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 pm [snip...] thinks it’s pretty bland compared to the real thing and it’s other software competition.
Simmo, in what ways is it bland or differ from the hardware, can you be more specific? I would like some direction on what to listen for when demoing it. thanks!

plexuss wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:47 am
simmo75 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 pm [snip...] thinks it’s pretty bland compared to the real thing and it’s other software competition.
Simmo, in what ways is it bland or differ from the hardware, can you be more specific? I would like some direction on what to listen for when demoing it. thanks!
Hi man, I think there’s a lack of character and the saturation doesn’t sound analog like the Distressor, unsurprisingly as it’s digital.
It also doesn’t feel as punchy or glue as well. Opto mode doesn’t sound right to my ears either.

I only played with it for an hour in the morning, it really didn’t impress me as an emulation.

Generally, I quite rate IK so I was surprised it wasn’t done better to be honest, hence why I said ‘window missed’.

I really have nothing else to add to the conversation, I don’t rate it and I uninstalled it.

simmo75 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 11:06 pm
jamcat wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:53 pm Are you being cute?

I am cute 😊

PM me if you want to carry this on.

Edit: you’re under the impression I have a hardware Distressor, I need to correct you there, I have four.

Also, other people can have different opinions to you, you obviously really love this IK version and that’s fine, enjoy it! But don’t go throwing your toys out the pram because someone else thinks it’s pretty bland compared to the real thing and it’s other software competition.
I don't have an opinion on it yet. I'm not jumping to any snap conclusions here. Like plexuss, I just want to know what to listen for and form my own opinion. You are sharing your opinion, but you're not providing any useful information beyond that.

plexuss wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:47 am
Can't you just test to see if it's a compressor you like or not? How it sounds on your material.

It doesn't matter if it nails the hardware 100% if you don't like the sound and if you like the sound it doesn't matter if it's nowhere near the hardware...... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

simmo75 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 1:29 am
plexuss wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 12:47 am Simmo, in what ways is it bland or differ from the hardware, can you be more specific? I would like some direction on what to listen for when demoing it. thanks!
Hi man, I think there’s a lack of character and the saturation doesn’t sound analog like the Distressor, unsurprisingly as it’s digital. It also doesn’t feel as punchy or glue as well. Opto mode doesn’t sound right to my ears either. I only played with it for an hour in the morning, it really didn’t impress me as an emulation. Generally, I quite rate IK so I was surprised it wasn’t done better to be honest, hence why I said ‘window missed’. I really have nothing else to add to the conversation, I don’t rate it and I uninstalled it.
Excellent thanks! That's useful to know.

fceramic wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 5:30 pm It's such a shame that their customer service is terrible, their plugins crash regularly and the software installation is ridiculous, cause I really like how their stuff sounds. Hope they will improve.
Unfortunately, all of the above is true to varying degrees. They make some good products. They make some that mysteriously just crash. And then they also make very unpleasant spittle all over you VST directories with ads in their software for products you don't own. Janky..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qmIlW6NNsU&t=717s
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

Interesting... IKM didn't post about this plugin on Gearslutz. Somebody else did, unofficially. I expect a lot of bashing from Distressor users.

Return to “Effects”