New T-RackS Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
T-RackS Comprexxor

sprnva wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:05 pm
Teksonik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm I've got so many other compressors several of which are TRacks I'm not sure I'll go through the effort to demo this one. I'm sure it will require an update either to the Custom Shop, TRacks or both maybe even the Product Manager.
If you use the Tape Machines, the release notes for T-RackS 5.5.0 list a fix for the channel distortion bug with the A80 model.
The bug was just partially fixed, as some people over at gearspace proved. It's still prominent when using 30 ips.
proud to produce warezless!
my Trap beatz:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4J14A ... -FzS9TNa2w

adl wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:21 pm The bug was just partially fixed, as some people over at gearspace proved. It's still prominent when using 30 ips.
Ah, thanks for the info. Maybe they'll get it fully fixed next time.
Image Image Image Image

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:49 pmAs for responding to snap judgments here so far, this isn't my first stop of the day and I agree with the sentiment that it is available to demo so people can come to a conclusion vs the opinion of others to see if they agree or disagree at this early point.
In all seriousness though, do you think IK will ever adress people’s concerns regards the installation and authorisation process and the fact that un-bought products get installed whether we want them or not? 🤷‍♂️
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Ok, my first impression is... that I'm not impressed. Recently I saw the review of Mike-e on Mixbus Tv - this was impressive. Comprexxor? Not at all. It's not adding anything to my collection of compressors. I also dislike distortion from GR Mode - nasty and not musical.
It's nowhere near the sound quality of IKM's Tape Collection unfortunately.
Phew, ~€90 saved.
Last edited by pixel85 on Thu May 13, 2021 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teksonik wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:16 pm I've got so many other compressors several of which are TRacks I'm not sure I'll go through the effort to demo this one. I'm sure it will require an update either to the Custom Shop, TRacks or both maybe even the Product Manager.
If you use the Tape Machines, the release notes for T-RackS 5.5.0 list a fix for the channel distortion bug with the A80 model.
Thanks for the info about the update.
Still no fix to glitches in Equal's GUI and MasterMatch in 96kHz. Oh well. Maybe next time

ramseysounds wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:34 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 2:49 pmAs for responding to snap judgments here so far, this isn't my first stop of the day and I agree with the sentiment that it is available to demo so people can come to a conclusion vs the opinion of others to see if they agree or disagree at this early point.
In all seriousness though, do you think IK will ever adress people’s concerns regards the installation and authorisation process and the fact that un-bought products get installed whether we want them or not? 🤷‍♂️
Yes, I've stated that it will be in the future.

adl wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:21 pm
The bug was just partially fixed, as some people over at gearspace proved. It's still prominent when using 30 ips.
Our Testing Manager has inquired with the devs via the bug reporting system and directly as to what happened in this case.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:12 pm Which, by the way, if you do have that you can get Total Studio 3 MAX for quite a deal, and note that we've added T-RackS Comprexxor to Total Studio 3 MAX for a limited time.
Did I misread this? What it says is that if you buy a product with "Total" and "MAX" in the name, after a limited time it's neither Total nor MAX. I'm not trying to be snarky here ... this statement just doesn't sound reasonable.

dmbaer wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:01 pm
Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 4:12 pm Which, by the way, if you do have that you can get Total Studio 3 MAX for quite a deal, and note that we've added T-RackS Comprexxor to Total Studio 3 MAX for a limited time.
Did I misread this? What it says is that if you buy a product with "Total" and "MAX" in the name, after a limited time it's neither Total nor MAX. I'm not trying to be snarky here ... this statement just doesn't sound reasonable.
It's just like other bundles (not just our own) that include all of what's available when they are released. This isn't a new concept nor unique to IK.

We're adding something that was released afterward as a goodwill gesture. Thank you for making me rethink it, though.

pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:37 pm Thanks for the info about the update.
Still no fix to glitches in Equal's GUI and MasterMatch in 96kHz. Oh well. Maybe next time
If you wouldn't mind, please let me know if you have any ticket numbers about those glitches, for when I bring it up with our Testing Manager.

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:50 pm
ramseysounds wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:34 pm
Yes, I've stated that it will be in the future.
Good stuff. I think this more than anything will get a lot of people onside 👍
I wonder what happens if I press this button...

Peter - IK Multimedia wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:07 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:37 pm Thanks for the info about the update.
If you wouldn't mind, please let me know if you have any ticket numbers about those glitches, for when I bring it up with our Testing Manager.
For Equal it's #1208410. For MasterMatch I can't find it in my e-mail. MasterMatch is overdriving/boosting audio A LOT (into distortion) in 96kHz while in 44.1kHz behaviour is as intended: EQ and Level Matching. Maybe I should make a new ticket for it.

pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:37 pm
Is that why mastermatch crashes? My projects are 48k and it crashes.
🌐 Spotify 🔵 Soundcloud 🌀 Soundclick

Gear & Setup: Windows 10, Dual Xeon, 32GB RAM, Cubase 10.5/9.5, NI Komplete Audio 6, NI Maschine, NI Jam, NI Kontakt

telecode wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 7:53 pm
pixel85 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:37 pm
Is that why mastermatch crashes? My projects are 48k and it crashes.
IKM plugins are not causing crashes on my side so I can't tell. Also I used it only in 44.1k and 96k, never in 48k.

From new compressor to crashes and bugs on totally different products! Ah, KVR at its best...

Return to “Effects”