Favorite granular effect?

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Effects discussion
KVRist
245 posts since 12 Mar, 2005

Post Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:24 pm

Neon Breath wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 6:11 pm
vurt wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:25 am
clouds
What is ´clouds’ ?
I assume either the original eurorack module or this: https://www.softube.com/clouds

User avatar
addled muppet weed
82482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:34 am

yes.
the eurorack in my case. but it is as you say also available in software.

KVRAF
4224 posts since 26 Jun, 2004

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:03 am

Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
There are very few tools like them that I am aware of.
ImageImageImageImage

KVRAF
3919 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:15 am

highkoo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:03 am
Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
There are very few tools like them that I am aware of.
I second that. Totally! Crazy wild granular stuff with these two.
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

KVRist
42 posts since 21 Apr, 2004

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:07 am

highkoo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:03 am
Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
There are very few tools like them that I am aware of.
I agree with this too.

In the hardware world, Make Noise Morphagene is fantastic.

User avatar
addled muppet weed
82482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:46 am

Kiitwa wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:07 am
highkoo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:03 am
Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
There are very few tools like them that I am aware of.
I agree with this too.

In the hardware world, Make Noise Morphagene is fantastic.
:tu:

morphagene/data bender/clouds/mimeophone is my current patch :D

KVRist
42 posts since 21 Apr, 2004

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:02 am

vurt wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:46 am
Kiitwa wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:07 am
highkoo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:03 am
Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
There are very few tools like them that I am aware of.
I agree with this too.

In the hardware world, Make Noise Morphagene is fantastic.
:tu:

morphagene/data bender/clouds/mimeophone is my current patch :D
Nice collection of modules :tu: I have Data Bender too :)

User avatar
addled muppet weed
82482 posts since 26 Jan, 2003 from through the looking glass

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:09 am

Kiitwa wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:02 am
vurt wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:46 am
Kiitwa wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:07 am
highkoo wrote:
Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:03 am
Portal and Silo are absolute game changers.
There are very few tools like them that I am aware of.
I agree with this too.

In the hardware world, Make Noise Morphagene is fantastic.
:tu:

morphagene/data bender/clouds/mimeophone is my current patch :D
Nice collection of modules :tu: I have Data Bender too :)
it's my latest module, so im still at the "let's bend everything!" stage :hihi:
it's pretty bloody awesome!

User avatar
KVRAF
4118 posts since 29 Sep, 2010 from Maui

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:41 am

looking forward to my ADDAC112, its taking longer than expected as they decided to make it stereo apparently. Shouldn't be too long now.

User avatar
KVRAF
5819 posts since 9 Jan, 2003 from Saint Louis MO

Post Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:49 am

vurt wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 5:25 am
clouds
Beads
:D

Red Panda Tensor was pretty great -- I wish there was a Euro or plugin version. It's less of a general granular effect and more of a magical tape loop, with independent pitch/time changing, reverse-on-demand, and a very musical detector that determines buffer length and a great randomizer. Sometimes it felt like it was playing counterpoint off the input about as well as a human could...

I also had a Particle 2 for a while, but found myself trying to control it with MIDI and kind of hating the awkwardness and disconnected feeling that gave it. I'd probably like it fine as a plugin.

KVRist
151 posts since 13 Jul, 2005 from Longview, WA

Post Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:19 pm

stepkus wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:08 am
Fritz from Lectric Panda is great!

"Fritz is a granular effects device capable of complex and psychedelic effects including pitch shifting, drone synthesis, stutters, glitches, reverbs, pitch smearing, time smearing, chord generation, texture clouds, sonic bursting, and many effects that are too strange to be named."
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ion/fritz/

It is a Reason Rack Extension. I use it in Reason Rack in Logic and Nuendo
Fritz is killer and my go-to along with Lectric Panda’s Torsion Texture Lab which is the instrument version where you can load up to 6 samples and use multiple grain engines. I don’t use reason stand alone, just the rack and just cherry pick the modules I want. I have ALL the Lectric Panda stuff. :).

These go under the radar in these granular discussions, but are worth a look and it’s nice to see them getting some love!

KVRAF
1863 posts since 5 Oct, 2003

Post Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:22 am


KVRist
42 posts since 21 Apr, 2004

Post Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:31 am

There's a new granular effect, hopefully I'll try it later

https://www.flowsonics.net/graindrop

KVRist
42 posts since 21 Apr, 2004

Post Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:34 am

dopet wrote:
Sat Jun 05, 2021 3:19 pm
stepkus wrote:
Sun May 16, 2021 3:08 am
Fritz from Lectric Panda is great!

"Fritz is a granular effects device capable of complex and psychedelic effects including pitch shifting, drone synthesis, stutters, glitches, reverbs, pitch smearing, time smearing, chord generation, texture clouds, sonic bursting, and many effects that are too strange to be named."
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ion/fritz/

It is a Reason Rack Extension. I use it in Reason Rack in Logic and Nuendo
Fritz is killer and my go-to along with Lectric Panda’s Torsion Texture Lab which is the instrument version where you can load up to 6 samples and use multiple grain engines. I don’t use reason stand alone, just the rack and just cherry pick the modules I want. I have ALL the Lectric Panda stuff. :).

These go under the radar in these granular discussions, but are worth a look and it’s nice to see them getting some love!
Fritz is very good, alot of fun! Definitely recommended. Would love to see it outside of Reason.

KVRAF
3919 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Post Sun Jun 06, 2021 9:11 am

Kiitwa wrote:
Sun Jun 06, 2021 4:31 am
There's a new granular effect, hopefully I'll try it later

https://www.flowsonics.net/graindrop


viewtopic.php?f=6&t=566190
__________________________________________________
http://redfog-drone.bandcamp.com
http://soundcloud.com/sleeping-on-lotus-ashes
__________________________________________________

Return to “Effects”