Devious Machines Infiltrator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

I'm interested in this and it's on sale right now for 30% off, but I can't see an expiration date on this. Does anyone know how much longer it's on offer for?

ghostwhistler wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:13 pm I'm interested in this and it's on sale right now for 30% off, but I can't see an expiration date on this. Does anyone know how much longer it's on offer for?
end of the month IIRC

Thanks.

I downloaded the demo and it's impressive, but it does seem more suited to glitchy music/beats. That's not entirely my thing, would you recommend this more or less as a multi fx suite alone? I notice it doesn't have things like chorus or flanger.

I think the main thing with this plugin (for most) is the effects sequencing. If you just want a multi-effects suite, maybe there is less attraction for you. Of course, you can do much with effects seqs beyond glitch or beat mangling, and certainly you don't have to use it that way. I expect more effects will materialize in time, these are quite good though, for the cost of it. There are better multi-fx suites imo, but often they are quite a lot more costly.

I think for what it is, it's one of the best choices among it's direct competition. TBH, I have yet to buy it. Mostly as I am not super into software these days opting instead to spend the big bucks on hardware myself. I actually went with the Empress Zoia over this (so far) at 5x the cost.

it's quite clean, tight.
the only thing i can compare it to is Glitch, and Infiltrator is a notch or two above i think.
if it were a bit cheaper i would have instabought, but does seem like a real time saver, 6 days to decide :P

...out of curiosity, is there actually any plugin that operates with a similar concept?
I know of eReckon delay which has a step sequencer, but has only the delay effect i think.
I own Tantra, which isn't quite the same, and every effect seems to generate so much resonance it's very recognisable, like Camel Space.

Well, Unfiltered Audio Byome/Triad, and Sugarbytes Effectix (pretty sure) come to mind if you are strictly speaking step sequencer control. There are a number that run off of midi as well. Then there is the looper variety too, which will chop up your audio and play it back with effects. Seems like there are a fair number of plugins out there that are in the same general fx swapping vein.

*Maybe you can't use the Unfiltered Audio stuff exactly like that come to think of it.

so Effectrix, Glitch... yeah i'm referring more to a step-sequencer triggering effects, rather than multi-effects.
cheers
Anyways, i'm impressed by this one. The Unfiltered Audio ones didn't do it for me at all.
It's a bit expensive, but it sounds like some quality getup.

I've never used a tracker, but maybe Renoise could do something like this? Just brainstorming.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

i'm sure it could, but yeaaaaah...
Om Unit i aint

There is Nuxx as well from Audiare, couldn't remember the name earlier. Definitely step controlled,
but specifically for parameter lanes of multiple fx. Not exactly the same, though interesting. Seems
like it's only splice rent to own now though, and expensive to boot.

https://www.audiaire.com/store/products/nuxx/

Inear Displays Amalgame operates on parameters as well. I have that one and it's pretty cool.
https://ineardisplay.com/plugins/amalgame/

Pretty sure you can mute fx in these with the sequencer one way or another so essentially the same.

Anyway, I think Infiltrator is a good choice if it's to anyone's liking. I seem to recall that they do sales
on occasion, but I don't think I've seen them offer stuff for less than the intro price, with the possible
exception of bundle deals. I bought their Texture plugin at release, pretty sure that was the best deal
I've seen on it. Though I haven't been paying much attention tbh. :shrug:

thanks pekbro :)

pekbro wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:15 pm I think the main thing with this plugin (for most) is the effects sequencing. If you just want a multi-effects suite, maybe there is less attraction for you. Of course, you can do much with effects seqs beyond glitch or beat mangling, and certainly you don't have to use it that way. I expect more effects will materialize in time, these are quite good though, for the cost of it. There are better multi-fx suites imo, but often they are quite a lot more costly.

I think for what it is, it's one of the best choices among it's direct competition. TBH, I have yet to buy it. Mostly as I am not super into software these days opting instead to spend the big bucks on hardware myself. I actually went with the Empress Zoia over this (so far) at 5x the cost.
Why/how is this better than Effectrix or Looperator? Serious question.

Also i have Shaperbox 2. Why/how is this better than Shaperbox 2?

Spring Goose wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:37 am
pekbro wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:15 pm I think the main thing with this plugin (for most) is the effects sequencing. If you just want a multi-effects suite, maybe there is less attraction for you. Of course, you can do much with effects seqs beyond glitch or beat mangling, and certainly you don't have to use it that way. I expect more effects will materialize in time, these are quite good though, for the cost of it. There are better multi-fx suites imo, but often they are quite a lot more costly.

Why/how is this better than Effectrix or Looperator? Serious question.

Also i have Shaperbox 2. Why/how is this better than Shaperbox 2?
Ultimately, only you can decide if it's better overall compared to the aforementioned plugins, that being said, one thing Infiltrator does better than ShaperBox 2 imo, is being able to load multiple instances of the same effect i.e. you could have 10 filters if you really wanted to. AFAIK you can only load one instance of each Shaper type into ShaperBox, i.e. FilterShaper plus a VolumeShaper plus a CrushShaper but not 3 x FilterShaper.

Infiltrator has more FX types too, there are delays, reverbs, phaser, FM, a vowel filter and so on. It's a multiFX plugin with LFOs whereas ShaperBox is an LFO plugin with FX, if that makes sense. That's the distinction I make anyway.
Always Read the Manual!

Return to “Effects”