Devious Machines Infiltrator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

Version 1.2 released. Here are the release notes:
https://deviousmachines.com/2021/08/05/ ... -2-update/

1.2 has been out for a while now. Any feedback from users?

I really want Infiltrator to do poly-rhythms.
Here's a quick mock up of what that could look like. I'm sure you guys have more design chops, but feel free to use the idea :)

Darkstring wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:39 pm 1.2 has been out for a while now. Any feedback from users?

I really want Infiltrator to do poly-rhythms.
Here's a quick mock up of what that could look like. I'm sure you guys have more design chops, but feel free to use the idea :)
Hey Dark String!

I have sequencer upgrade on my list. There's also a request for multiple sequence patterns.

Not sure when they'll get in the schedule at the moment, but they are close to the top of the list!

cheers, Jim.

PS. Your mock-up isn't bad at all. :)

Would love ability for any fraction time sigs in there!
i.e. Odd denominators for offtime poly madness...
ImageImageImageImage

I hate to be that guy, but that would be polymetric not poly-rythm
I want to see this too
pretty much one of the two big requests I have for Infiltrator
the other one being modulation curves for the macros
Check out my website for synth/software articles reviews and presets http://databroth.com (new review every monday)

I also do experimental sound design and demos of plugins (no talking) on my youtube: https://www.youtube.com/databroth

Hey Infiltrator pros, I saw that it's on sale and I'm really interested in picking it up. I got the demo version now to try out, but I'm a little overwhelmed to be honest. Maybe some nice person can answer me some question:

- Lot's of the demos are cool, but really insane. Does it make sense to use this plugin for more subtle modulation? Or would you rather just use automation for that?

- In general, what is your main usecase for this plugin?

- How would you compare it to the Shaperbox plugins by Cableguys, I see some similarities here, but obviously it's not quite the same.

Thank you!

let me count the ways

i avoid automation wherever i can, don't know why, i have issues.
Sometimes i just use it to apply a little bit of delay once every 2 bars, for example.
But when you wanna do some off the wall nutcase stuff - i mostly prefer Infiltrator to the other options (Glitch, Tantra, Stutter Edit, Camel Space...) Infiltrator's effects seem tighter to me. And the UI feels good to use.

Just to mentioned it again, the filters are on top of all I know. Comparable to "The Drop"'s filters.
This is a well thought out product. I'm still hesitating to update to 1.2, hopefully projects stay compatible.

jcredland wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 am
Hey Dark String!

I have sequencer upgrade on my list. There's also a request for multiple sequence patterns.

Not sure when they'll get in the schedule at the moment, but they are close to the top of the list!

cheers, Jim.

PS. Your mock-up isn't bad at all. :)
Sounds great! Is there any chance of having a minor upgrade to the MSEG builder?
Specifically the option of stair/curve stepping at a slope. Infiltrator only appears to do it horizontally right now. Be great to have the extra functionality :)

jcredland wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:36 am Not sure when they'll get in the schedule at the moment, but they are close to the top of the list!
Would you mind sharing what´s in the pipeline for Infiltrator?

(... come to think of "pipeline", minor thread hijack: Will there ever be a "fill the gaps"-mode for Texture, ie a negative envelope following mode?)

Echoes in the Attic wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:29 pm Is it only one parameter per effect that can be modulated?
I haven't played too long with it but that seems the case. It's a pity because sometimes I'd rather modulate a different parameter when the one they've chosen.
But I thought I read somewhere here the devs talking about adding extra mod targets eventually....

Quick question: can Infiltrator do envelope-triggered autopan, like PanMan? I.e. autopan that only pans when the envelope is triggered, instead of running on an LFO like a regular autopan plugin. Thanks!

got a few requests/ideas ....

1 - Allow tails for the delay and reverb fx. So when these FX are switched off in the Sequencer they don't have to come to an abrupt halt.

2 - Choose any parameter of an Effect as a target for the envelope.

3 - It might be handy to have a list of each Macro assignment. I can see myself forgetting what things I've assigned to a Macro and having to manually check each effect to find out.

NeonNightflyer wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:38 pm Quick question: can Infiltrator do envelope-triggered autopan, like PanMan? I.e. autopan that only pans when the envelope is triggered, instead of running on an LFO like a regular autopan plugin. Thanks!
You can fire a pan envelope when an audio trigger is received yes - probably a pretty cool effect! We should have made a preset for that one :)

zoidkirb wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 3:29 am got a few requests/ideas ....

1 - Allow tails for the delay and reverb fx. So when these FX are switched off in the Sequencer they don't have to come to an abrupt halt.

2 - Choose any parameter of an Effect as a target for the envelope.

3 - It might be handy to have a list of each Macro assignment. I can see myself forgetting what things I've assigned to a Macro and having to manually check each effect to find out.
Agree with all of those. The first one is the only one we haven't actually got on our backlog yet though. I'll add it now :)

Return to “Effects”