Devious Machines Infiltrator

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Infiltrator

BeeDog wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:11 pm I got two questions for the Devious people here!

1) I have all your previous products, and I see the Everything Bundle costs £59.50 which is slightly lower than the intro price. Will this upgrade cost change after the intro period is over, or does the price I'm seeing remain static?
2) When putting the upgrade into my basket, it seems the store will "trade in" my existing products. Does this mean all my existing licenses will "reset" (i.e. I'll be granted new ones), or will everything remain the same for my existing products?
It works just how you'd like it to work.

1. The price of the upgrade is independent of the discounting.

2. Everything will be fine :). You actual license keys won't change. Just conceptually you'll own the bundle rather than the individual products. I guess that might matter if you wanted to sell them on but otherwise won't matter :)

cheers! Jim.

jcredland wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:41 pm
BeeDog wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 12:11 pm I got two questions for the Devious people here!

1) I have all your previous products, and I see the Everything Bundle costs £59.50 which is slightly lower than the intro price. Will this upgrade cost change after the intro period is over, or does the price I'm seeing remain static?
2) When putting the upgrade into my basket, it seems the store will "trade in" my existing products. Does this mean all my existing licenses will "reset" (i.e. I'll be granted new ones), or will everything remain the same for my existing products?
It works just how you'd like it to work.

1. The price of the upgrade is independent of the discounting.

2. Everything will be fine :). You actual license keys won't change. Just conceptually you'll own the bundle rather than the individual products. I guess that might matter if you wanted to sell them on but otherwise won't matter :)

cheers! Jim.
Thanks, appreciated! No intention to sell any of the products since I make good use of them :)

Love this thing but wanted to request a couple things

Either a master mix envelope or mix envelopes on each effect would be really useful.

and some sort of smoothing/crossfade setting to help eliminate clicks in the sequencer.

having a blast though, great work

Zoopy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:41 pm Love this thing but wanted to request a couple things

Either a master mix envelope or mix envelopes on each effect would be really useful.

and some sort of smoothing/crossfade setting to help eliminate clicks in the sequencer.

Master envelope is a great idea!

Zoopy wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 3:41 pm Love this thing but wanted to request a couple things

There are a few things that click. We will slowly iron them out. Hopefully you've got the latest bug fix which deals with the ones in the looper :)

jcredland wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 7:38 pm

There are a few things that click. We will slowly iron them out. Hopefully you've got the latest bug fix which deals with the ones in the looper :)
Do you guys send out update emails, or should I just check the site from time to time?

They do send email notifications of updates.

pekbro wrote: Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:08 pm They do send email notifications of updates.
Thanks, I didn't get one, but I'm a new customer. Just checked, and I am signed up for emails. Cheers!

When there’s an important update a little orange dot will appear by the menu in the plugin. And if you open the menu then there will be a link to take you to the update page.

We don’t send an email for every minor update as I think it’d just be a bit spammy?

Ok, I also really like it and it will work really well for me, just bought it. Sound is fantastic and the workflow is really good. Looks great, too. But I also think that there is room for improvement. Like others mentioned, the biggest things for me are modulation and sequencer. Here is what I was missing after around 20 minutes:

Modulation:
- being able to control other parameters with the MSEGs, including the Macros and mod speed.
- in combination with more controls, also more sources, maybe a second MSEG, LFOs
- some randomization options, S+H

Sequencer:
- probability per step
- being able to combine two or more steps so that they don't retrigger
- maybe choosing to have individual fx triggered by sequencer or midi or running on their own (edit: just saw that's available already, cool!)
- using the sequencer as a mod source as well
- polyrhythms would be sweet

Also:
- global LP/HP filter and bypass would be nice.
- definitely midi assign
- still room for two more fx (chorus/flanger?)
- can't find an "undo" function

Looking at the UI, I think there is still "room" for more functionality without cluttering it.
Last edited by gondii on Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:48 am, edited 2 times in total.

Please convince me I don't need it if I already own Glitch v2, Stutter Edit, Effectrix, Turnado, Looperator & Shaperbox? :)
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:14 am Please convince me I don't need it
No chance :lol:
Always Read the Manual!

PieBerger wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:54 am
antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:14 am Please convince me I don't need it
No chance :lol:
Would have liked to help but... too bad.

YOU NEED IT
time for me to leave KVR.Bye bye ! 03/2022 :phones:

antic604 wrote: Wed Jun 02, 2021 10:14 am Please convince me I don't need it if I already own Glitch v2, Stutter Edit, Effectrix, Turnado, Looperator & Shaperbox? :)
That´s what I thought, but setting modulation speed to 128 bars and having (e.g.) a phaser or frequency shift slowly change over several minutes without having to draw automation curves got me :phones: Having the squash-y multiband compressor with the "leave the bass untouched" option at the end also adds more convenience. I like Stutter Edit´s many functions, but to me, it´s a pain to use, while Infiltrator supports my way of working and gets out of the way.

Return to “Effects”