Saturation Tools for 2021

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Reamp is my favorite, then SDRR--and Runciter for distortion.
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

WOOT WOOT! It's time for name a plugin you use!

psynical wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:22 am WOOT WOOT! It's time for name a plugin you use!
Cliche
Doing nothing is only fun when you have something you are supposed to do.

Dirtgrain wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:34 am Cliche
yes, exactly :hihi:

ChowTape, Decapitator and Radiator are my favorites. I like the TAL DAC too, it can add a ton of aliasing to pads and make it instant 90s territory. I also got an MXR distortion pedal and it's in another league than any software I have. Sounds a bit similar to a low level minimoog overdrive but more fuzzy and crunchy.

Recent thread on cheap saturation plugins - viewtopic.php?f=6&t=564848

Ever since I bought SDRR2, I never use anything else. Flexible, easy to use, and the sound is absolutely stellar, every time.

Oh, and it's Cheap as hell, too!

I agree with mholloway. The thread telecharge mention was started by me and got really awesome suggestions. I found SDRR2 to be the best and most flexible, especially for the price.

Hey, let's not leave out the Kush Omegas. The 458A is my goto, though the others rock also.

https://thehouseofkush.com/products/omega-bundle

Spectre is fantastic!! I love everything that guy does.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

Saturn 2, Black Box, PA VSM-3 and now SDRR are my go-tos. Edit: forgot Satin!
Last edited by PieBerger on Tue Jun 01, 2021 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Read the Manual!

IK Tapes is the best I've tried, easily. The only one I've tried that sounds 3D. The EQ curves it can put on stuff can be off-putting though and cpu load is INSANE.

The saturation from the 1st version of Softube CL compressor, and from MJUC sounds good too, but those come necessarily with compression. I remember some of the UAD stuff being very good but haven't used it in many years. I own most of the plugs mentioned in the thread so far but most of it sounds too scratchy and flat when driven. Doesn't mean I don't still use them!

FabFilter Saturn2 and I thought Satin wasn't bad.

Tonnes... but the ones I use the most -

Soundtoys (Decap, Radiator and Devil Loc Deluxe) for when I need obvious dirt.

Izotope Neutron Exciter for when I need more polished sounding dirt (and multiband processing)

TB Pro Audio in a collab with Gearspace (previously Gear Slutz for the friends) released a new free saturation plugin that looks pretty cool (I've yet to try it), maybe some of you could like it:

https://www.tbproaudio.de/products/gsatplus

Return to “Effects”