Softube Tape Echoes released

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

It's such an inspiring delay!

Trying to justify the purchase in front of yourself there? :razz:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Hey you, get offa my cloud!
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

did you buy Timeless 3?

sqigls wrote: Thu Jul 15, 2021 11:06 pm did you buy Timeless 3?
Wondering whether both are really necessary? Timeless 3 seems far more versatile, but also more digital I suppose. Also, does anyone happen top know whether this works like Tape as a Mix FX insert in Studio One?

Timeless is a phenomenal delay masterpiece, and I think Tape Echos is lovely.
but never the twain shall meet really.
Tape Echoes is a solid character delay.
Timeless 3 is everything else. Not to say Timeless 3 lacks character, but if you demo Tape Echoes, and start tweaking the controls, you will very quickly know if it's for you or not. Timeless 3 does have the potential to get gritty and grindy, but It simply won't reach the same places when the torture begins.

The main parameter knob of Tape Echoes and Timeless 3 pretty much exemplify their audio vibe.

knobs.png

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

yeah totally

they're both on my go-to palette now. Very exciting time.
i really hope Softube will open up the Dirt control in future.
sometimes it would be good to have the grit without the wobble, or vies-versa.

Both are around the same price for me (Fabfilter loyalty discount). So Timeless 3 doesn't capture a true authentic vibe like the Softube does?

I think I prefer a superior basic sonic character over depth of features. Pulsar's Echorec is my current favourite.

you'll probably love Tape Echoes then

Timeless 3 is amazing, but it's not trying to be anything 'hardware' or otherwise.
but it really is a mind blower for anyone who loves to tweek and can see the potential of all that modulation and tone manipulation. It's surgical, but also very creative. The filters sound great, and the GUI is next level. The basic workflow is a bit fiddly at first, but it's kinda limitless.

I'm a fan of Echorec too, and Tape Echoes is up that street.

Just posted a dub demo of Tape Echoes for those interested in hearing it in action but haven't demoed it.
https://youtu.be/oa9G3stFf0w

This thing has even two threads...
A real echo machine!

martinjuenke wrote: Sat Jul 17, 2021 10:01 pm This thing has even two threads...
A real echo machine!
True stereo action! :D

Return to “Effects”