NI go VST 3

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

it ain't fixed either...

Yeah I've had Prism showing up every time as needing an update. And when it updates, it is still there next time...

Too bad no GR 6 in the fx updates...

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:50 pm Note that you will only get updates if you have one of the plugins which went VST3 now installed, of course. :)
would tend to be true
two things here which aren't plugins but Kontakt libraries have an update, that aren't installed (irrelevant but it didn't call those updates before).
Here I updated Transient Master and Driver. Those I can generally imagine sticking in Cubase, not that I have or anything.
VSL is going to feel a little more pressure on VE Pro hosting VST3 from this I bet.

So, who is using Reaktor under Big Sur/slightly off topic
;)
Last edited by jancivil on Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

You guys think they make the UIs scalable? Is that even possible? I'm still on the fence on going for Komplete because I probably will rarely use all that non scalabe stuff.

i have komplete 11 ultimate + komplete 13, by the way.

and maschine. it sees the vst3 version of them, if you load the vst3, i can't check if it really loads it, but it seems likely...

so this is the first step to full vst3.. me thinks.. in NI pace. which i don't mind..

but it would be nice, if with next update Maschine also can load vst3 plugins. and have some PDC ánd aftertouch + poly aftertouch. but Maschine works ok for me...

Yesterday, I saw only Transient Master FX was in the "Available updates" tab and I thought OK, let me ignore this for now. Today, saw this topic, opened Native Access and there are 15 plugins now!

I haven't updated yet, but I think the GUIs are still non-resizable (except Crush Pack and Mod Pack, which are not in this list), right? Perhaps in the next update? I hope so.

gExpectations wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 pm You guys think they make the UIs scalable?
Their newer plugins have various UI sizes.

chk071 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:20 pm
gExpectations wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 5:55 pm You guys think they make the UIs scalable?
Their newer plugins have various UI sizes.
Yeah I know, I'm just trying to not buy stuff I wont use right now, so Komplete is like a double edged sword. It's ofc still the best value proposition but I mean, the highest value is the VST you use :hihi:.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:19 pm Yesterday, I saw only Transient Master FX was in the "Available updates" tab and I thought OK, let me ignore this for now. Today, saw this topic, opened Native Access and there are 15 plugins now!

I haven't updated yet, but I think the GUIs are still non-resizable (except Crush Pack and Mod Pack, which are not in this list), right? Perhaps in the next update? I hope so.
then it goes in batches, i saw 14 updates. or we have a different set of plugins... from NI... but me thinks i have all instruments/FX. i can be wrong...

WasteLand wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:55 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 6:19 pm Yesterday, I saw only Transient Master FX was in the "Available updates" tab and I thought OK, let me ignore this for now. Today, saw this topic, opened Native Access and there are 15 plugins now!

then it goes in batches, i saw 14 updates. or we have a different set of plugins... from NI... but me thinks i have all instruments/FX. i can be wrong...
I have Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition. I think it is all (or most) FX plugins for now. If there's anything pending, it will probably come in the next batch as you said.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:07 pm

I have Komplete 13 Ultimate Collector's Edition. I think it is all (or most) FX plugins for now. If there's anything pending, it will probably come in the next batch as you said.
ok, i saw that i didn't had supercharger installed (GT i have) so..
but me thinks all others will also come.
thnx! (as mentioned i have komplete 11 ultimate + komplete 13. which for me is great. i have also a komplete 10, so i can update how i want... and for a good price... sometimes they dump them... here on KVR)

For those of you having problems with the updates, take a look at this tool:

https://support.native-instruments.com/ ... s-Windows-

WasteLand wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:16 pm
LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:07 pm

ok, i saw that i didn't had supercharger installed (GT i have) so..
but me thinks all others will also come.
thnx! (as mentioned i have komplete 11 ultimate + komplete 13. which for me is great. i have also a komplete 10, so i can update how i want... and for a good price... sometimes they dump them... here on KVR)
Yes, think they have just started, so more will be coming... hopefully instruments too (Super 8 is currently the only one available as VST3). The most important thing for me from NI point of view is resizable GUI for ALL plugins that don't have it yet, and to bring more instruments out of Reaktor if possible. :)

Agree. It's best to have one Standard and one Ultimate version in general, so that you can update/upgrade as required. Offers great flexibility. :tu: Mine is based on Komplete 8 and Komplete 8 Ultimate.

LoveEnigma18 wrote: Thu Jun 17, 2021 7:33 pm Yes, think they have just started, so more will be coming... hopefully instruments too (Super 8 is currently the only one available as VST3). The most important thing for me from NI point of view is resizable GUI for ALL plugins that don't have it yet, and to bring more instruments out of Reaktor if possible. :)

Agree. It's best to have one Standard and one Ultimate version in general, so that you can update/upgrade as required. Offers great flexibility. :tu: Mine is based on Komplete 8 and Komplete 8 Ultimate.
flexibility, and offers great value for price.

resizable GUI would be nice, but strangely i am so used to them... only kontakt is really too small for me... for a sampler you need a lot of rooooom...

but indeed resizable GUI's, it is time. i also was used to the tiny GUI's of Softube, they aren't fuzzy anymore, even the FET compressor (strangely a lot of compressors are built by softube for NI, even the RC24/48, which by the way i really really like, but me thinks i am almost the only one...), it is nice to have a bigger GUI.

but Softube has one framework for all. NI doesn't i believe, or i can be wrong (or some overlap, but also.. o well). perhaps they are consolidating that... one framework means, GUI resizing for one is for all..

i never noticed it before, a function, i must set that function off again, but i saw that NI products are the most popular via KVR, on; owning? don't know anymore.

but i believe NI komplete, or NI instruments, you can find in most ITB/hybrid studio's. not strange. besides the GUI, and complaining, it are still great instruments ánd FX plugins, they sound great.

and even Maschine i like, with all it's shortcomings, i just work another way in it, and it works, sometimes limitations can give you something. but indeed, if you also have 'stuff', without limitations, which means, a lot of stuff....

Not updating until at least VST4
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Return to “Effects”