What are the best VST Delay/Reverb plugins?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The entire video shows digital, analogue (tape), and analogue (chip) type delays doing the same thing.

There are a huge number of delay plugins to choose from — typically aiming to emulate a very specific classic delay (e.g. Arturia Memory Brigade or Audiothing Space Echo), or more frequently to provide a much wider range of delay flavours and features (e.g. Replika XT, Valhalla Delay, Fabfilter Timeless 3, UVI Relayer etc.)

I use Echoboy, Valhalla and my DAW delays. If your DAW is Live, don't forget the Echo which is basically a space echo emulation, it sounds amazing.

Check out AD Dubstation & D16 Repeater for echo/delay. AD Eos & Spacerec for reverb. The "snare repeat" effect you keep asking about can be done by any delay plugin, including the one in your DAW. If you have Live, the Echo & Filter Delay are excellent. Have a look at Audiority & Audiothing tape delay plugins too ...

Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:43 pm It's an analog delay (BBD) with the delay set at around 300 ms and a very high feedback setting. And in the feedback loop the high frequencies are being cut off making it sound progressively darker.

Bucket-500 does this type of delay with breaking up feedback quite well.

https://fuseaudiolabs.com/#/pages/product?id=300808669

You could try this free one first:

https://plugins4free.com/plugin/2609/
I couldn't resist at least trying one FOR now and all I can say about BBD is WOW!!!!!!!!!

Thanks a million! Will still try the others mentioned in this thread but this one will be among the top of the list, get back to you guys.

LeVzi wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:04 pm Valhalla Room does most of the work, but I use Aether for really big verbs.

Delays I use Echoboy , is now my goto.
I am having problems getting the snare repeats trying out echoes, I am only getting echoes. Can I trouble you or anyone else to post a screenshot so I can see all controls settings for the snare repeats please?

thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:23 pm Check out AD Dubstation & D16 Repeater for echo/delay. AD Eos & Spacerec for reverb. The "snare repeat" effect you keep asking about can be done by any delay plugin, including the one in your DAW. If you have Live, the Echo & Filter Delay are excellent. Have a look at Audiority & Audiothing tape delay plugins too ...
I downloaded the demo of D16 but confused how to use it as it looks like a standalone unit? I am not seeing a dll file to copy into my VirtualDJ Effects Plugins folder like the other plugins. I have written to their support for help.

mikehende wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:50 pm
thecontrolcentre wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:23 pm Check out AD Dubstation & D16 Repeater for echo/delay. AD Eos & Spacerec for reverb. The "snare repeat" effect you keep asking about can be done by any delay plugin, including the one in your DAW. If you have Live, the Echo & Filter Delay are excellent. Have a look at Audiority & Audiothing tape delay plugins too ...
I downloaded the demo of D16 but confused how to use it as it looks like a standalone unit? I am not seeing a dll file to copy into my VirtualDJ Effects Plugins folder like the other plugins. I have written to their support for help.
Toraverb is a VST, it should have a .dll somewhere.

mikehende wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 10:50 pm I downloaded the demo of D16 but confused how to use it as it looks like a standalone unit? I am not seeing a dll file to copy into my VirtualDJ Effects Plugins folder like the other plugins. I have written to their support for help.
You've downloaded an installer. Run it and it will show you the location for the .dll file. If you want to change the default location, then click on Browse and point the installer to the desired location.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I use whatever the first delay I come to is. I don't have any delay plugins, only what comes with Studio One. It really doesn't matter which one you use because once you get it in a mix, you won't notice any of the subtle differences between them anyway.

I do have a few reverbs, though, but the only ones I really use are Arturia's Plate Reverb (for percussion hits) and Eventide's Shimmerverb (for ambience).
NOVAkILL : Asus RoG Flow Z13, Core i9, 16GB RAM, Win11 | EVO 16 | Studio One | bx_oberhausen, GR-8, JP6K, Union, Hexeract, Olga, TRK-01, SEM, BA-1, Thorn, Prestige, Spire, Legend-HZ, ANA-2, VG Iron 2 | Uno Pro, Rocket.

vurt wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:34 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:30 pm Buy Replika cheap for less than 10 EUR and then buy the Replika XT update for 29 EUR:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... eplika-xt/
is that all the update costs? :o
may grab that myself! cheers :tu:
Or wait for the NI sales, I recently got a copy of Replika here on kvr for 4 or 5 euros then upgraded to XT for £12, bargain. :)

GaryG wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:55 am
vurt wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:34 pm
Lotuz2019 wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:30 pm Buy Replika cheap for less than 10 EUR and then buy the Replika XT update for 29 EUR:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/p ... eplika-xt/
is that all the update costs? :o
may grab that myself! cheers :tu:
Or wait for the NI sales, I recently got a copy of Replika here on kvr for 4 or 5 euros then upgraded to XT for £12, bargain. :)
Great deal! 8)

Their summer sale just ended and the next sale will probably be around Thanksgiving Day.

morphex wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:36 pm Here are a few other options:

Reflex-Pro-X by stw-audio
UVI Relayer
Fabfilter Timeless 3
I like what I am hearing from timeless video but I am not finding a demo version anywhere?

From all of the softwares mentioned here guys my top 2 are fab filter Timeless and BBD.

Replika XT is by far the best sounding delay I ever used. It has some pristine, crystal clear quality I haven't hear from any other delay. It can go very dirty and dark as well, if you want to. Very versatile.

For reverbs, there are quite a few very good ones. For me the best come from Eventide, Exponential Audio, NI... and ArtsAcoustic, Polyverse and D16 (Toraverb) did some nice ones as well. A lot is probably down to personal preference though.

mikehende wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 1:13 pm I like what I am hearing from timeless video but I am not finding a demo version anywhere?
this should be the link:
https://www.fabfilter.com/download/#dow ... ay-plug-in

afaik there is no *dedicated* demo

you install the one from the download link
upon first launch you'll get a dialog box asking you to enter the serial, run in demo or quit

if you don't have a license number(aka serial) you'll run it in demo mode for some limited time
(14 days or so...)

Return to “Effects”