Baby Audio Taip - AI-based tape effect

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I think it's really interesting for production and sound design, if you are interested in a no commentary walkthrough i've recorded my tests
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DdjRnX6ayhE

Out now Intro sale - save 44% was $69 now $39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDOijHIyQyU
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 11:56 am Out now Intro sale - save 44% was $69 now $39
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDOijHIyQyU
If you don't have sales tax, you can find a coupon online somewhere that gives 15% off the Baby Audio store. For me, it was cheaper to get at PluginBoutique because I had some extra cash bonus there. Picked it up for $34.

If there was a demo, I'd try it.

But there isn't, so I guess I am going to assume that my tape needs are covered by Cassette, RC20, Lo-Fi-AF and so on.

There is a demo. And it’s different to those because its less “destroy” than those three.

But I already have satin anyway

Ah, missed the link the first time.

Now I remember though, I tried getting a demo for one of their other products before and the email never showed up, not even in my spam folder.

Hard to get excited about yet another tape plugin, but... (I'll check it out).

foosnark wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:05 am Ah, missed the link the first time.

Now I remember though, I tried getting a demo for one of their other products before and the email never showed up, not even in my spam folder.
you're redirected to download link page after you enter your email, there's no email from them

Don't want to be teh party pooper but, what's with the 'monstrous aliasing' ?' :borg:

The tech is interesting tho.. probably people would have complained about CPU usage if oversampling was used.

It's just okay as far as tape plugins go. It's not as magical as the AI based Accentize plugins, which kinda do strange things to the signal that no human would come up with.
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

Ploki wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:27 am you're redirected to download link page after you enter your email, there's no email from them
:dog:

Either that wasn't working in my browser at home due to privacy plugins or (more likely at this point) I was just extra dense. I'll give it a try.

v1o wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:33 am It's just okay as far as tape plugins go. It's not as magical as the AI based Accentize plugins, which kinda do strange things to the signal that no human would come up with.
If I want to hear the tape effect, I've already come to liking TAIP better than any other tape plugin I've tried. So... better than "just okay". To me. It just sounds more like tape doing its thing.

I don't know that it excels at subtle vs. many others, though (eg IK).

pass quickly. seems losing openness.

laimg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:20 pm pass quickly. seems losing openness.
I'm not seeing any measurable impact in Insight 2 on width/correlation etc. If it's losing openness, shouldn't that be measurable? Perhaps I'm using the wrong tool(s) - totally possible.

Could you post a before/after that clearly demonstrates what you're hearing? I'm curious. Thanks!!

Liked it as distortion\maximizer (in the process I forgot that this is a tape emulator lol).
Very nice result at electronic drums.
And yes, "wear" parameter is decrease high freq, maybe this meant. (I personally always keep it at zero, and no probs). + There is "presence", if need add.
For current tag worthy baby imo.
The only perhaps, eats a bit (10% +)

Return to “Effects”