911 posts since 28 Jul, 2006

Post Fri Oct 01, 2021 9:20 am

dionenoid wrote:
Fri Oct 01, 2021 3:11 am
briefcasemanx wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:21 pm
dionenoid wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am
AI doesn't exist. It's a marketing buzzword. Even the top scientists in the world are not able to do proper AI in any field. Let alone in music software.

Plugin devs that use the term AI are either misleading customers, or too stupid to know what AI really is. Both cases are a good reason to avoid them.
This is incorrect. You're likely thinking of superintelligent AI.
Nope. AI doesn't exist yet. What companies call AI is just machine learning, or mostly even just averaging based on measurements.

But it's a common mistake. Big companies have been using the term AI for all kinds of products, so much so that most ppl actually believe that it exists. But it's nothing more than a marketing word.

Here's some scientific pages about it :

https://towardsdatascience.com/no-artif ... 18d83fdfe8

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/ob ... exist-yet/

https://www.swoknews.com/opinion/wannab ... bf774.html
This is semantics. The goalposts for what is or isn't AI gets pushed further and further as technology progresses, and some people don't consider anything AI unless it meets some ever-shifting set of criteria including things like superintelligence. Most do not belong to that camp. You can decide not to call any of the current technologies AI if you want, but you're in the minority. Being in the minority is fine but making a thing of it in some random thread about a new audio plugin is a bit strange and tone deaf.

KVRian

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:06 pm

Okay I've had more time to try this out and I could see it ending up being my favorite saturation plugin. The drive sounds PHENOMENAL on synthesizers. It sounds exactly how I want it to sound.

I don't care even a little bit how much it sounds like tape, or how much it sounds like the specific formulation of tape it purports to emulate, I just know that I love the drive for what it is.

KVRAF
11392 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:14 pm

dionenoid wrote:
Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:01 am
AI doesn't exist. It's a marketing buzzword. Even the top scientists in the world are not able to do proper AI in any field. Let alone in music software.

Plugin devs that use the term AI are either misleading customers, or too stupid to know what AI really is. Both cases are a good reason to avoid them.
:shrug: Spend a few minutes on Twitter and you’ll start to doubt human intelligence as well. :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

KVRAF
5022 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:32 am

briefcasemanx wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:06 pm
Okay I've had more time to try this out and I could see it ending up being my favorite saturation plugin. The drive sounds PHENOMENAL on synthesizers. It sounds exactly how I want it to sound.

I don't care even a little bit how much it sounds like tape, or how much it sounds like the specific formulation of tape it purports to emulate, I just know that I love the drive for what it is.
if you like this sort of drive, i highly recommend Voxengo Powershaper. It has a similar vibe, you can just tweak it more.
it's my favourite drive plugin :)

KVRian

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:10 am

Ploki wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:32 am
briefcasemanx wrote:
Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:06 pm

if you like this sort of drive, i highly recommend Voxengo Powershaper. It has a similar vibe, you can just tweak it more.
it's my favourite drive plugin :)
I'll definitely need to try it out then!

KVRAF
5022 posts since 17 Dec, 2009

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:06 am

eh, close enough for me anyway. I do agree drive is nice on TAIP.
https://we.tl/t-cjAUwEGt3Y

KVRAF
11392 posts since 26 Jun, 2006 from San Francisco Bay Area

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:47 am

Does it bother anyone that the flange animations are going the wrong way? :lol:
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

KVRAF
2038 posts since 16 May, 2004 from Soviet Union

Post Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:13 am

I did grab in end. Well, compared it with a few different distortions, but Taip keeped pretty distinctive from them, until i opened Boz Big Clipper, then was able to achieve similar results (can't say that identical though, but close). I do not have favorite distortions though, but always keep in mind this clipper, like very variable unit for such purposes.
But despite that, for the intro price, i think Taip enoughly temptable, as more quick tool for achieve such character, + again nice limiter\maximizer. AI or not AI no matter in general.

Return to “Effects”