I’m done with hardware multi effects. (Mostly)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

rod_zero wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:34 am But after trying eventide units I will for sure at sme point get the H9 bundle for the reverbs and delays.
Blackhole is the one to get. You'll appreciate having the onboard control. The Blackhole built-in to the Moog One make that synth what it is.

rod_zero wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:34 am I have tried incorporating HW effects to my workflow and it was always a big inconvenience even if I liked to tweak sounds on the HW
I think part of my issue is that once I’m sitting in front of the computer, I tend to not like to do a lot of switching around between virtual and physical interfaces. I absolutely love the hardware effects that I do have, but the Apollo, AxeFX and Analog Heat all get edited as software and the Torcido is sort of become part of my Dominion 1. I’m not a fan of patching stuff about, but I do like controlling the Torcido from the Dominion’s CV outs from time to time.

The purpose of my string of boxes was that it was to live on the output of a Prophet 12 and sort of become part of that synth like the Torcido became part of the Dominion 1. I actually loved the sound and capabilities of the Zoia the best… but holy sh!t that interface. I used to whip out graph paper to keep track of what my patch was doing as I built it, because “green LED on 4 down, 6 across, doesn’t really mean anything after a bit, and the fact that you could move to other pages… It felt too much like work. If I could have the Zoia with the Mod Duo X’s web editor… I probably would have kept it. Big mistake leaving that out, IMO.

But meanwhile, I bought MXXX for $300 when it was on a Black Friday special a few years ago and… I a really can’t say enough good things about it. It’s very expensive now, but what a powerhouse.
But after trying eventide units I will for sure at sme point get the H9 bundle for the reverbs and delays.
Yeah, I almost pulled the trigger last Christmas when it was on sale, but I didn’t… I can’t remember why.
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

What is everyone's opinion on Erica Synths effect boxes. I know Zen Delay is somewhat popular but I am especially interested in the Fusion Box and to a lesser extent the Acidbox due to them being completely analog (correct me if I am wrong).

I would love to hear some opinions from people who have tried them

Uncle E wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 4:54 am
rod_zero wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 2:34 am But after trying eventide units I will for sure at sme point get the H9 bundle for the reverbs and delays.
Blackhole is the one to get. You'll appreciate having the onboard control. The Blackhole built-in to the Moog One make that synth what it is.
I have Blackhole VST and I find the sound a bit underwhelming in a sense that it's very narrow, it sounds like the reverb is mostly centered with not much going on on the sides (same thing with Shimmerverb btw). Does the pedal sound any better?

SirKen wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 1:53 pm What is everyone's opinion on Erica Synths effect boxes. I know Zen Delay is somewhat popular but I am especially interested in the Fusion Box and to a lesser extent the Acidbox due to them being completely analog (correct me if I am wrong).

I would love to hear some opinions from people who have tried them
They can be fussy from what I can tell… aka real analog. I have the AB3. It’s stereo in and out, unlike the Fusion Box. It’s good fun, and I use it with softsynths quite a bit to de-digitalize them a little (also adds a little widening). Can also be screaming nasty with the 12db polivoks filter.

It’s built very sturdy, though I had to send one back because the on/off switch was misaligned with the casing. Knobs could use a little more resistance, but still feel sturdy despite being plastic.

Azbest wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:00 pm
I have Blackhole VST and I find the sound a bit underwhelming in a sense that it's very narrow, it sounds like the reverb is mostly centered with not much going on on the sides
Gravity to zero or very very low and it's wide as can be ....

cowudders wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:10 pm
Azbest wrote: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:00 pm
I have Blackhole VST and I find the sound a bit underwhelming in a sense that it's very narrow, it sounds like the reverb is mostly centered with not much going on on the sides
Gravity to zero or very very low and it's wide as can be ....
It does help, thanks. Tho low gravity seems to affect the predelay aswell, which is not ideal.
Last edited by Azbest on Sun Oct 03, 2021 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

On a side note of this topic I bought Infiltrator around 2 weeks ago and it's really great. I was with the old Glitch before and it looked really bad now that we have all those pro level graphic ergonomic standards extended to most plugins. A bit slow to achieve things but in 5 minutes it can go to unusual places, and it's quite automation friendly, just drag stuff in the daw from the big knob instead of using the built in thing. The presets are nice too. Not sure it's worth the current price but it's a good software multi fx !
I actually sold my Analog Heat MK2 last week too ! As replacement I also discovered Grungelator and VHS distortion in Reaktor, just pristine tools, I boost the SR in Reaktor and it's grunging like it should.
I want to do things quick so hardware fx are not for me.

Return to “Effects”