Cableguys NoiseShaper: The Dynamic Noise Designer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
NoiseShaper ShaperBox

Watched the video. The thing is that I could already do all of that without Noise Shaper ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Volume Shaper would be enough.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Is Cableguys Curve still being developed, will there be an M1 release?
Orion Platinum, Muzys 2

v1o wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:26 pm Is Cableguys Curve still being developed, will there be an M1 release?
Yes, as well as FilterShaper (the version that does not run within ShaperBox). Although we have no timeframe yet; they've changed a lot in the last time, so it's likely it'll be Curve 3 and FilterShaper 4 at some point, with M1 support, and small (or no) upgrade fee.

Good thing and i will upgrade with no doubts (even being owning Texture), the only would be good to add simple couple things for sample edit like start\end selection, pitch. That would be useful especially in user samples case.
And perhaps ability to add custom location, for avoid cloning samples between user collections, it give more handy experiment with forms.

highkoo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:07 pm Guettas TOP plugin of the year is.. Kickstart?
No offense. Great plugin. But, pretty standard boring utility stuff.. "Crazy"?
Seems like kind of an excitable guy.
Well, he gets paid to be excited. Money can excite me as well if its enough… We all know how marketing works…
Looking at this it seems its the same as a volume shaper just fed with noise. I have no idea what should be exciting about this…

Tj Shredder wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 8:39 am
highkoo wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:07 pm Guettas TOP plugin of the year is.. Kickstart?
No offense. Great plugin. But, pretty standard boring utility stuff.. "Crazy"?
Seems like kind of an excitable guy.
Well, he gets paid to be excited. Money can excite me as well if its enough… We all know how marketing works…
Looking at this it seems its the same as a volume shaper just fed with noise. I have no idea what should be exciting about this…
Well, you might think that it works that way, but no, we did not pay a single cent to David, nor did we pay anything to any other of the many producers who reacted on our plugins and allowed us to quote them on that or do social posts with them.

All those people are way more easy-going than you might think, especially the ones who had built a successful long-lasting career.

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:32 pm Regarding Kickstart 2, that he's referring to.. not released yet though, will still take a little bit.

And well.. maybe it's not crazy in a sense of let's say analogue sounding digital filters or great u-he synths. But if your tools that you require all the time are fast to use and to adjust, then yes, this can make it a favorite tool.
That brings me to an idea for Kickstart/VolumeShaper.
Why not capture the kick sample once by sidechain and adapt the curve to the captured sound? (I mean not dynamically triggered, but once set, as kicks do not change too much through a track)

Just installed ShaperBox 2.4 today on my offline machine and I was greeted with a message that asked me to download the noise samples. Please Cableguys, tell me that you have a solution for the people that keep their DAW machines away from the Internet! :pray:

Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 pm
v1o wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:26 pm Is Cableguys Curve still being developed, will there be an M1 release?
Yes, as well as FilterShaper (the version that does not run within ShaperBox). Although we have no timeframe yet; they've changed a lot in the last time, so it's likely it'll be Curve 3 and FilterShaper 4 at some point, with M1 support, and small (or no) upgrade fee.
Don’t forget about lowly MidiShaper! Could easily be part of ShaperBox? Thanks again for all the useful tools.

What's next? PitchShaper? SpaceShaper? ModShaper?

^Cableguys won't answer that. Ask Guetta, then share with us.

vitocorleone123 wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 7:23 am
Jakob / Cableguys wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:42 pm
Don’t forget about lowly MidiShaper! Could easily be part of ShaperBox? Thanks again for all the useful tools.
I hope they do continue to develop MidiShaper. I use it all the time in Cubase like I'm some kind of Bitwig freak (it's routed to my quick controls)

e@rs wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:40 pm Just installed ShaperBox 2.4 today on my offline machine and I was greeted with a message that asked me to download the noise samples. Please Cableguys, tell me that you have a solution for the people that keep their DAW machines away from the Internet! :pray:
+1

I would much prefer an option for an installation package that contains everything.

That would make the installer unnecessary big. They should add those samples as a separate download inside the accounts of NoiseShaper owners.

The idea is to have a separate installer, either one with everything (plugins and samples) or two (one for plugins and another for samples). Pretty common thing. I think the samples come in at 140mb anyway.

We can always just zip the samples ourselves for future installs, and make sure to note where they go. But again I'd prefer an installation package for them.

Return to “Effects”